Chapter 236: Go South

Rate the chapter:

• Total voters
He doesn't. He mid diffs him.

"Mid diff means that the victor uses a good deal but not all of their power or abilities"

womp womp
C'mon man... Sukuna wasn’t “holding back” in the sense that he was pulling punches, but because he was limiting himself and what he could do.

He went into the fight with a game-plan, that being using the 10S & Maho to find way to bypass Gojo’s infinity. And because he went with that plan he HAD to limit himself to using the 10S for majority of the fight. It’s very obvious he had more in his arsenal that he didn’t use and whether those things would’ve worked or not, we dont know.

You are smarter than this.
Sukuna wasn’t “holding back” in the sense that he was pulling punches, but because he was limiting himself and what he could do.

He went into the fight with a game-plan, that being using the 10S & Maho to find way to bypass 👖’s infinity. And because he went with that plan he HAD to limit himself to using the 10S for majority of the fight. It’s very obvious he had more in his arsenal that he didn’t use and whether those things would’ve worked or not, we dont know.
You know when Gojo’s CT was on burn out after the first domain clash.

Sukuna could have just flame nuked him right there like he did to Mahoraga in Shibuya.

In fact, if Sukuna isn’t adapting Mahoraga to UV, he never loses the domain clashes. Since the inside barrier was weaker and Mahoraga was adapting in all 5 clashes.

It’s not a “we don’t know” situation, Gojo never makes it out of the domain clashes in a head to head clash without 10 shadows

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
In fact, if Sukuna isn’t adapting Mahoraga to UV, he never loses the domain clashes. Since the inside barrier was weaker and Mahoraga was adapting in all 5 clashes.
That photo you use is Satoru specifically talking about the 2nd Domain Clash where conditions were flipped by him.

That doesnt apply to the Small Domains, the inside of those werent weaker lmfao

That photo you use is Satoru specifically talking about the 2nd Domain Clash where conditions were flipped by him.

That doesnt apply to the Small Domains, the inside of those werent weaker lmfao
Where is it stated it doesn't apply?

I read the small domains as increasing the toughness on top of the conditions flipped

Edit:
Also re-reading it, the dialogue comes after the THIRD clash (that's when Gojo questions Sukuna's fighting style) so you're bugging

Last edited:
No where does it says that.
It says the Barrier's durability is strengthened due to the size decrease, that's it tbh.
But it also isn't stated anywhere that Gojo didn't maintain the flipped conditions after the second clash.

And even if that were the case, it doesn't address Sukuna using other techniques during the cool down period.

Since we know that Sukuna can use the flame arrow when his domain is on cool down (we saw with Mahoraga).

So yeah, there's no reason to think the domain battles play out the same if Sukuna isn't using 10 shadows

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
But it also isn't stated anywhere that 👖 didn't maintain the flipped conditions after the second clash.

And even if that were the case, it doesn't address Sukuna using other techniques during the cool down period.

Since we know that Sukuna can use the flame arrow when his domain is on cool down (we saw with Mahoraga).

So yeah, there's no reason to think the domain battles play out the same if Sukuna isn't using 10 shadows
You know what i really dont care tbh. You win, idgaf at this point with this debate.
Maybe other JJK characters powerscaling but i'm not gonna defend Gojo against Sukuna anymore.

I wonder who is cringier, people like you, 16 years old 👖 fangirls, or sukuna fans that think that he can low diff 👖
oh oh , what are u talking about ? all gojo care about after death is to satisfy or reach sukuna for gete. If gojo is that kinda of shit person , why did he care people in shibuya ? , then , he can wipe out all of existence in shibuya . As a results , any jujutsu soccerer would not die. If gojo is piece of shit , why did he save yuta ? yuji ? Also , What the fuck are the unnecessarily praise Sukuna from Gojo's mouth? All of all , gojo looks like low diff material for sukuna and piece of shit as a character.

You know what i really dont care tbh. You win, idgaf at this point with this debate.
Maybe other JJK characters powerscaling but i'm not gonna defend 👖 against Sukuna anymore.
It legit doesnt matter at all, idk why ppl care, was by far the least important part of the chapter

It's impossible to say who actually wins between Gojo and Heian era Sukuna w/o Ten Shadows. Either of them could possibly win.

Maybe you could make a stronger argument for Sukuna if we're talking about Gojo without prison realm experience

End of the day, the only thing that is concrete is that he's the better sorcerer, and is stronger with the 10 shadows

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
End of the day, the only thing that is concrete is that he's the better sorcerer, and is stronger with the 10 shadows
It's like your avi panel said, Sukuna just doesnt have a limit - he's just a Calamity.

Turning into Cursed Objects, Piercing Blood, Recovering CT after exhausting it, Agito being loosely inspired by Yorozu's Amour maybe even(?), Mahoraga's adaptation here...

He is just constantly growing like a Curse, learning new Jujutsu techniques the moment he sees it being performed. Fits his persona as "Overwhelming sense of self that completely disregards others..." like a Natural Disaster.

The Apex of Jujutsushi.

It legit doesnt matter at all, idk why ppl care, was by far the least important part of the chapter

It's impossible to say who actually wins between 👖 and Heian era Sukuna w/o Ten Shadows. Either of them could possibly win.

Maybe you could make a stronger argument for Sukuna if we're talking about 👖 without prison realm experience

Fair.

All I’ll say I that I think 1 month prep Sukuna wins no matter if it’s Heian or modern variant.

It's like your avi panel said, Sukuna just doesnt have a limit - he's just a Calamity.

Turning into Cursed Objects, Piercing Blood, Recovering CT after exhausting it, Agito being loosely inspired by Yorozu's Amour maybe even(?), Mahoraga's adaptation here...

He is just constantly growing like a Curse, learning new Jujutsu techniques the moment he sees it being performed. Fits his persona as "Overwhelming sense of self that completely disregards others..." like a Natural Disaster.

The Apex of Jujutsushi.
True, honestly I think Sukuna’s selfishness is his greatest weapon. “Only his pleasure and displeasure exists.”

Lowkey the power system itself seems to be the main antagonist

Fair.

All I’ll say I that I think 1 month prep Sukuna wins no matter if it’s Heian or modern variant.

True, honestly I think Sukuna’s selfishness is his greatest weapon. “Only his pleasure and displeasure exists.”

Lowkey the power system itself seems to be the main antagonist

Yes. His selfishness and his constant pursuit of evolution and consumption is why he is who he is.
And if you pay attention, the story constantly reinforces Sukuna's ideals as being correct:

Megumi awakens his domain expansion after becoming more selfish
Gojo has his greatest victory by casting away human connection, in the one instance his nature actually resembles Sukuna's.
Yuta clutches up a 3v1 the one time he decides to fight selfishly

Contrast that even further...

Yuki bought into Tengen's plan and didn't try to fight Kenjaku with her own domain ->Got packed up.
Yuji fights with a cog mentality, for basically everyone other than himself -> Gets dicked down by the story nonstop
Gojo didn't have a real sense of self, and didn't dispose of Geto's body ->Got locked up.
Gojo didn't fight just to affirm his position as the strongest, but to save Megumi too ->Got him killed

In fact, Sukuna only fought Gojo to further his own mastery of Jujutsu, to evolve yet again. He never fought to affirm his position as the strongest, because that would've never even been in question for him.

The biggest difference between Sukuna and Gojo is that Sukuna CHOSE this loneliness, this strength, while Gojo had it forced upon him

oh oh , what are u talking about ? all 👖 care about after death is to satisfy or reach sukuna for gete. If 👖 is that kinda of shit person , why did he care people in shibuya ? , then , he can wipe out all of existence in shibuya . As a results , any jujutsu soccerer would not die. If 👖 is piece of shit , why did he save yuta ? yuji ? Also , What the fuck are the unnecessarily praise Sukuna from 👖's mouth? All of all , 👖 looks like low diff material for sukuna and piece of shit as a character.
You can acknowledge Gojo has always been self centered to an extent without ignoring his previous characterization, this is also Satoru Gojo. Not everything is black or white buddy.