Chapter Discussion Chapter 806

They did already with the 300K they raised.

80K went to Ou Sen
160K went to the Q3

Considering Tou Army is around 40-50K, I imagine the remaining 40K + some garrisons were added to the Tou Army to make it a 100K army.
I know that
I think this new 100k is random old men and people incapable of fighting that just marched to scare the Han but will go back after Han soldiers move. Tou's fighting men are still 160k.

I know that
I think this new 100k is random old men and people incapable of fighting that just marched to scare the Han but will go back after Han soldiers move. Tou's fighting men are still 160k.
I think if they can tell an army of young and fit men isn't sufficiently trained by the pace of their march, it's only reasonable they would spot an army was made up of geezers from miles away.

I'm not attached to the idea Qi men are marching under false banners, but it wouldn't be the first time Qi cooperated with Qin against the interests of the other states, and I don't know where else they'd get the men.

It is possible that it's an army of old men and the Qi are just panicking without stopping to think, like Ri Boku when he rushed to Hika.

Also can we talk about just how much of a non factor karyo ten is? Added absolutely nothing in the strategy meeting and just seems to be increasingly clueless as to how to bring about strategies when fighting han. Just an extra body to fill up the room.

Also can we talk about just how much of a non factor karyo ten is? Added absolutely nothing in the strategy meeting and just seems to be increasingly clueless as to how to bring about strategies when fighting han. Just an extra body to fill up the room.
She did only slightly less then Tou. :kata:

Yep Ten’s presence is literally making Shin dumb. I wouldn’t mind a strategist who was not a main character as Hara wouldn’t be hesitating to write Shin outshining his strategist sometimes but here since Ten is part of the main cast, we never get to see Shin develop strategically as that would make Ten somewhat pointless.

Yep Ten’s presence is literally making Shin dumb. I wouldn’t mind a strategist who was not a main character as Hara wouldn’t be hesitating to write Shin outshining his strategist sometimes but here since Ten is part of the main cast, we never get to see Shin develop strategically as that would make Ten somewhat pointless.
I dont even mind if shin never ends up being a good strategical general, i want hara to show us shin flexing his instinctual capabilities a lot more and then ten make up for his lack of strategy with actual good tactics. But it's the opposite, we rarely get to see the instinctual side of shin and ten is just the HSU version of Shobunkun, always acting flustered and sweating.

Some of you just single out Ten because you resent the fact Shin needs someone else to be the brains of the operation.

We're 800 chapters in.

Get the fuck over it already.

Some of you just single out Ten because you resent the fact Shin needs someone else to be the brains of the operation.

We're 800 chapters in.

Get the fuck over it already.
I think we would have if Hara didn't make Shin an instinctual type of general. I don't mind Ten but sometimes I wish Shin would just understand the basics of war and strategy.

He's been in it since he's a teenager and he's hitting his thirties now but Hara still portrays him as a moron in important meeting just for gag reasons at this point. Just give the man some credits.

I think we would have if Hara didn't make Shin an instinctual type of general. I don't mind Ten but sometimes I wish Shin would just understand the basics of war and strategy.

He's been in it since he's a teenager and he's hitting his thirties now but Hara still portrays him as a moron in important meeting just for gag reasons at this point. Just give the man some credits.
The disconnect for me is how Hara’s stupid insistence on keeping Shin dumb warrants singling out Ten. She is held to incredibly weird and inconsistent standards, all the time.

In this instance there’s a problem because she didn’t say much in a meeting - on panel and so far into the flashback, that is.

If anything, Ten talks way too goddamn much at meetings. I’ve always felt that way.

Last edited:
Yea people are complaining far too much. Shin isn't supposed to be a Duke Hyou that can figure out Riboku's ryuudon within seconds but rather, surround himself with people that make up for his weaknesses such as Ten and Kyoukai.

Because what he lacks in strategic genius, he more than makes up for in raw grit and physical strength.

Yea people are complaining far too much. Shin isn't supposed to be a Duke Hyou that can figure out Riboku's ryuudon within seconds but rather, surround himself with people that make up for his weaknesses such as Ten and Kyoukai.

Because what he lacks in strategic genius, he more than makes up for in raw grit and physical strength.
The difference between Shin and Duke Hyou is several decades of experience, and the fact Duke Hyou came up in a much busier era, i.e. he had more opportunities to take the field and develop.

Shin will get there eventually.

Breaking Riboku's encirclement was Duke Hyou stuff, it's pretty clear you're the one who needs a reread huh?
It’s a feat that remind Ri Boku of Duke Hyou because he didn’t see it coming.

Shin pulled a highly unorthodox move. It was not a move on with Duke Hyou instantly solving and countering one of Ri Boku’s strongest moves.

As of now, Shin’s use and mastery of his Instincts are improving, but he’s not at the level of Kei Sha and Gyou’un yet, never mind Duke Hyou.

No, he's above them.
Not in terms of skill and control.

Shin’s talent is greater, but he hasn’t demonstrated any meaningful consistency or degree of control. He hasn’t developed any offensive utility skills yet either imo. As I see it, he’s been using his talent mostly for defensive tactics.

Kei Sha and Gyou’un had lower ceilings but they had were using their ability at will and with great degree of control, constantly.