Character Discussion Character discussion: Shanks

Alright everyone here's a thread to talk about the first big pirate and one of the most important characters to have ever been introduced in One Piece, the one who gave Luffy his straw hat and inspired him to become a pirate, "Red Hair" Shanks, captain of the Red Hair Pirates, one of the Four Emperors and Gold D. Roger's former apprentice.

What do you think of Shanks as a character and as a pirate ? Do you like him or dislike him ? What are his aspects that you find likeable or badass and his least likeable traits to you ? What is your favorite moment with him in the story ? How much do you think that he knows about the One Piece and the true history ? What are the things about him that you would like to express or discuss ?

I think he is underestimated and generally misunderstood, would be interesting to see how his character plays out in the following chapters since Oda has already hinted on fleshing out his character more this year. Mysterious but would be nice to see him finally on the move...

Sir Tuna Sandwich II

SII - Sakazuki Incinerate Imu
I think he is underestimated and generally misunderstood, would be interesting to see how his character plays out in the following chapters since Oda has already hinted on fleshing out his character more this year. Mysterious but would be nice to see him finally on the move...
Underestimated??? Do you know how many of the Lonkotards *are* Lonkotards because they worship him and want to elevate the jokes that associate with him by sharing the title of Lonko?

To the OP, I hate Shanks character for what he did to Buggy, a truely great character!
And let's not forget he let down the great Hawk-eye Mihawk!
Never forget never forgive!

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
The most "I have no idea how the fuck I am gonna make this character live up to the hype I created for him, so I'm gonna stall his appearances as much as I possibly can." character ever.
Love him, though.
Especially his interactions with Mihawk. Peak One Piece comedy right there.