Character Discussion Character discussion: Usopp

After the first three Straw Hats yesterday let's talk about the fourth and most iconic liar and sniper in the whole manga: Usopp.

What do you think of Usopp as a character, and of his evolution over the story ? What are the traits that you like or dislike about him ? What are his favorite techniques and tools of yours ? Which one of his relationships with another character do you find the most interesting ? What are your favorites and unfavorites moments with him ?

You gotta admire the fact that Usopp for most of his life never had a "trainer" the way the majority of the Strawhats did before he joined the crew

His Sniper skills are almost 100% DIY.

Finalbeta

Zoro Worshipper
@Go D. Usopp ™ @Luffy bin Dragon

Usopp is one of the best developed characters. He is one of the bravest in the entire series. Challenged Luffy in Water 7 to stand by his ideology, and then became a freaking Hero by undertaking the Sogeking road. He turned into a God 2 years later, which means he is one of the most charismatic characters either if he managed to dazzle a casual tribe so easily.

Emil

Certified Memelord
Usopp is the best character in one piece, like ever.

You just look at this mfker and immediately realize the amount of depth in him is beyond normal.

does not stretch, does not slice up mountains or none of that monster fukery. Instead he just rolls up at u with his brain and a custom made slingshot.

like hes just got it all. badass when he has to be, troll when he has to be. He is the symbol of human in one piece. He is how you or I will be if we ever entered that world. He does not have any bullsht powers yet he keeps going when everyone around him does.

the amount of sheer patience, willpower and drive to move forward is what keeps usopp alive till today. His love and adoration for his friends is so dem respected it shook the entire crew in water 5 when his pride was put to test versus his crew.

every character makes mistakes and so does usopp, but not everyone just develops so much like he did. He has one of the best character development over the entire show from the first moment we met him till now and he just keeps growing more and more complex, and yet lots of mysteries about him are still to be unfolded

it's very clear Goda himself has sickass future plans for usopp. his lies will all become true including conquerer haki. He will walk up there with luffy to raftel as a completely different person. Neither the strawhats nor the series one piece can continue without him. his very existence is very important to every ningen out there.

respects to the man, the myth, the legend, the character who i relate to the most. usopp :finally:

God Usopp is a legend and he will only get more legendary near the end of the series. I can only await his first landing in Elbaf to impress the giants.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
I love Usopp. Just wish he would stop being "early game Hal Jordan", and started being a mid-endgame Hal Jordan.:usosmug: