General & Others Characters should not be made stupider so the reader can get something explained to them.

I've said it before but for me the training arc where Naruto was learning Wind nature and creating the Wind Release: Rasenshuriken was badly written and made Naruto feel stupider and lacking behind the rest of his generation.

Clearly when the Shadow Clone jutsu was created at the beginning of the story "memory sharing" wasn't planned that far in advance. But the reason in the Manga was the Naruto "never noticed before" made him look really bad.
The fact he never noticed it or that in the three years of him using the jutsu (including two years training with Jiraya) no one said anything doesn't make sense in the world of Naruto.
Especially since it seemed that after being shown once by Kakashi he could instantly get the memories from clones like it was no big deal.

But the fact after two years of training with Jiraya Naruto had no idea about even the concept of Chakra Natures was again bad writing, and made Naruto look worse and made him feel like he was playing catch up to the rest of his classmates.

With a few tweaks it could have been a good training arc, but the writing was so bad it brings the whole arc down.

I've said it before but for me the training arc where Naruto was learning Wind nature and creating the Wind Release: Rasenshuriken was badly written and made Naruto feel stupider and lacking behind the rest of his generation.

Clearly when the Shadow Clone jutsu was created at the beginning of the story "memory sharing" wasn't planned that far in advance. But the reason in the Manga was the Naruto "never noticed before" made him look really bad.
The fact he never noticed it or that in the three years of him using the jutsu (including two years training with Jiraya) no one said anything doesn't make sense in the world of Naruto.
Especially since it seemed that after being shown once by Kakashi he could instantly get the memories from clones like it was no big deal.
But the fact after two years of training with Jiraya Naruto had no idea about even the concept of Chakra Natures was again bad writing, and made Naruto look worse and made him feel like he was playing catch up to the rest of his classmates.

With a few tweaks it could have been a good training arc, but the writing was so bad it brings the whole arc down.
Sasuke this....sasuke that made shippuden Naruto dumb to the point that he has nothing but variants of Rasengan....too much of Sasuke this, sasuke that from Naruto ruined Naruto.....

"Shadow clone shuriken jutsu! You see, i had a shadow clone disguise itself as a shuriken and then threw it to sasuke who then threw it, it being me, behind the enemy!"

"Shadow clone shuriken jutsu...wow! So naruto had a shadow clone ________"

"Theyve extracted the jinchuriki from Gaara"

"Extracted? What do you mean?"

*5-10 minute dissertation on what "extraction" means*

Naruto anime treats its viewers as if they're drunken toddlers who are too busy watching squirrels fight to see the clear as day actions.