Versus Battle Choose the best MC from these

Choose the best MC from these

• Total voters

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Lelouch without Geass would be fucked by other Geass users.
While so the question I would rather ask was - Was the character the same before and after the ability the received?

Did they develop out of their own needs and desires or because power allowed them to?

Did they even earn the power before getting? It has been a while since i last watched Lelouch but he gets the power just bcs, right? Same for Light and few others

Sure you can argue they go an deserve it, but that doesn't neglect the fact the power allowed them to developed shortcutly.

Would Lelouch develop same way if he didn't have Geass? No ofc not

That's why i can't put them above Thorfinn, because Thorfinn showed that he can develop and evolve without the help of massive power helping him

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
While so the question I would rather ask was - Was the character the same before and after the ability the received?

Did they develop out of their own needs and desires or because power allowed them to?

Did they even earn the power before getting? It has been a while since i last watched Lelouch but he gets the power just bcs, right? Same for Light and few others

Sure you can argue they go an deserve it, but that doesn't neglect the fact the power allowed them to developed shortcutly.

Would Lelouch develop same way if he didn't have Geass? No ofc not

That's why i can't put them above Thorfinn, because Thorfinn showed that he can develop and evolve without the help of massive power helping him
Guts fucking earned his powers, even before it the man was doing unbelievable shits

But even if they didnโ€™t earn that power : lelouch, light and Eren had it for ยซ free ยป. But itโ€™s still interesting and make a good MC to see how they are handling and mastering and using those power to achieve their goals.

You give the death note to anyone not named Light and he doesnโ€™t do the same thing at all.
Same for Eren and likely for Lelouch too.
Post automatically merged:

Even without his powers Eren was ready to smoke some titans and be part of the military (and thatโ€™s what he did)

Light and Lelouch were depressed and counting the days, doing nothing of their lives before. Their powers gave them a new purpose

Last edited:

Rej

This forum is retarded.
โ€Ž
I don't know most of these characters. Only 3.

My vote goes to Thorfinn cuz of recency bias. But I also like him more than Eren or Light.
I will always respect Light as an ideal evilish ambitious character, complexly but authentically written.
But I like the path Thorfinn walks the most...and how he walks it, sheeesh

Adam ๐ŸŽ

Pretty Boy
โ€Ž
Guts fucking earned his powers, even before it the man was doing unbelievable shits
Guts is exempted obv

But even if they didnโ€™t earn that power : lelouch, light and Eren had it for ยซ free ยป. But itโ€™s still interesting and make a good MC to see how their are handling and mastering and using those power to achieve their goals
It really isnt hard to make a character good if they have good power.

You give the death note to anyone not named Light and he doesnโ€™t do the same thing at all.
Same for Eren and likely for Lelouch too.
And?

That doesnt make light and leuch any better than Thorfinn

Those two got their power handed to them and lord and behold they managed to achieve their goals, without em like you said, they are no one

Those two are only hot shit bcs of their power, not the character themself

Hence why Thorfinn is better. Thorfinn didnt need some grandiose power, he had his will and determination

1. Lelouch. Good use of Geass, good fragility, good development, good facade

2. Eren. If only Isayama didnt ruin Gigachad Eren, he will be number 1 on my list. Too bad he becomes the biggest disappointment.

3. Light. Good strategy and relentless but thats kind of it..even kind of one dimensional for me.

4. Edward, Yusuke. Simple, relatable protagonists.

5. Thorfinn and Guts. Badass protagonist. I rank Guts a little bit lower since he didnt even deliver whenever Griffith descends.

6. Allen. I havent read/watch this one yet.

Guts for sure. The OG Tub-Thumper

I feel like this is a hot take but.........Light & Eren are both trash.:kayneshrug:
I only finished Death Note cuz of Ryuk & AOT cuz of Levi

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
Honestly, i'd even say it's Johan's show first & Tenma's show second lol. I have no disagreements with the post.
Yeah I'd agree. Johan takes over with how mesmerizing and great of a villain he is. Best villain in manga. :endthis:

Mashiro Blue

๐“ฆ๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ช ๐“ผ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ป โœฐ
โ€Ž
I would pick smth like this

1 - Lelouch Lamperouge

2 - Light Yagami

3 - Edward Elric

4- Eren Yeager

Characters I know but never watched/read the show

Guts
Yusuke

Characters I never knew existed lol

Thorfinn
Allen

Question i ask myself, and what you all should is how any of these characters would achieve its goal if they didn't have hax powers

Would Light and Lelouch achieve anything without the book/eye?

Guts without his armor?

Eren without titan powers?

Alucard without vampiric stuff?

Where does the character start and where does the power start?
Is Light Light because he was always like that or because he access to book allowed him to be?

Hence why I can't put any of em above Thorfinn, they are a product of their power and not their character

Non sense on guts, the iconic armor super armor comes way way late on the manga.

Guts spends 70% of his manga fighting and being developed without any hax, just his strength.

The very best part of guts journey is when he didn't had the armor.

The armor was a power boost he got because there was limit he could do against his enemies.

The armor don't play any part in guts core character development, the issues with wearing it it's another thing entirely.

Guts is not a product of the berserk armor.

Berserk was never about cool powers.

Lelouch
Not my favorite Mc at all but his character was done well the entire time with a great end plus he had a huge impact on the entire world of the story.