Speculations Color Spread Ch. 985 Gear 5 foreshadowing?

Look at this color spread from Chapter 985.

There is Luffy dipicted with the Number "5" on his shoulder. Furthermore his trademark jeans is depicted with a Tiger Stripe pattern.

So could it be that gear 5 is: Gear 5 Tiger Man ?

Furthermore look at the graphics on his shirt, there's a strawhat guy (Most likely Luffy) who is fishing a fish (Kaido). Also the word "lucky" is seen.

It might be just coincidence or maybe foreshadowing. Nevertheless I thought it would be fun to share this.

There is Luffy dipicted with the Number "5" on his shoulder. Furthermore his trademark jeans is depicted with a Tiger Stripe pattern.

Furthermore look at the graphics on his shirt, there's a strawhat guy (Most likely Luffy) who is fishing a fish (Kaido). Also the word "lucky" is seen.

It might be just coincidence or maybe foreshadowing. Nevertheless I thought it would be fun to share this.

So, Luffy will luck out against Kaido and develop Gear 5 after Wano? Sounds cool. :cheers:

Could be possible. Gear 5 being the only way to defeat Kaido is a popular opinion in the community.

First I thought a Lion suits better because of the Thousand sunny theme etc. And because the lion is the king of beasts.

But Oda is Japanese and I'm sure the Tiger is the more mystical, deity like creature in Asian folklore and the more powerful in that case.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Would make sense if Oda thought of something like that.

I instead expect awakening to regard vulcanization granting him the capability to efficiently deal with Akainu and his vast lethality by stretching the environment as he pleases protecting him from his vast powers.

My bet is Luffy will beat Kaido with "Gear 4th, Tankman"
but this time, the REAL VERSION of Tankman... and not the full of food version...

People will go nuts on how cool it looks in it's normal form