Votes: 2 28.6%
  • 50/50

• A bit

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Not at all

• Total voters
Posted this on the Baratie a few months back but since I'm active on here again, I'll post it here too ^^

Prolly one of the most fun theories I've written, save my regular Sanji theories as those are usually the most fun to write~! :p

Anywho! theory is below~!
-----------------------------------
In what will prolly become a series knowing my goofy ass.🤣 I’m gonna be speculating on Color Spreads 😁

For this one though (Part 1), the focus is gonna be Wano Country, so I’ll only be speculating on Wano Country related color spreads ^^

Isn’t gonna be a long theory I don’t think as I’ll only be briefly discussing some interesting tings I’ve personally noticed about them and speculating on what I think will be happening going forward ^^

So without further ado let’s get to it~! 😁

Color Spread 1
Now y'all that have known me and followed my theories for a min prolly already know that this is one my favorite color spreads to speculate about :p Swear down, in the whole community, I wouldn't even be surprised if I'm the one that's discussed this particular color spread the most 🤣 but yh, anywho let's get to it~!

In this color spread, the first ting that stands out to me, is the Kimono that each of the individual SHs are wearing. Initially I speculated about these patterns potentially indicating what opponents the SHs would be facing off against on Wano. I mean Wano is a heavily zoan themed arc with the main antagonists being the Beast Pirates, so it made to me sense prior to getting to know what the Beast Pirates devil fruits were. Unfortunately tho, I was off on this :catsweat: but!!! I noticed something really interesting recently thanks to Vegapank's spoilers about Sanji's future going forward into the series ^^. If you're interested in it, you can take a look at this theory here
(note - *linked the theory when I first posted this but can't be arsed to repost the theory here now lol so will some other time ^^)

So basically in one of the spoilers about Sanji's future in the series, Sanji is apparently gonna be fusing with some mythical fiery bird in the near future and and I thought it was interesting that Sanji coincidentally also has a bird on his kimono in this cover page ^^. What's even more interesting about this is that Zoro has an imprint of a dragon engulfed in fire on his kimono and SPOILER ALERT! in case you are not up to speed with the manga, Zoro has already acquired the ability to use fire in the current arc ^^. Which makes me think that these imprints are actually hints at what kinda abilities/techniques or something that each of these SHs will be acquiring during the Wano arc ^^.

Now then y'all probably thinking will Luffy now then be acquiring the ability to use water or some shark related ability? 😂

Honestly at this point, I don't get it myself lol but something that is interesting to note is that Luffy's arc antagonist this time around is Kaidou and in Kaidou's introduction, he was referred to as the strongest on Air, Water and Sea. The "Sea" bit seemed really odd at the time of hearing it as most expected Kaidou to be some sorta devil fruit user but in the recent manga chapters and SBS we finally got to know the full name of Kaidou's devil fruit and it is the "Uo Uo no mi - Model Seiryu"

(i.e. Uo means Koi Fish in Japanese, and Seiryu means Azure Dragon) so basically the "Koi Koi Fruit - Model Azure Dragon" 😁. Now with this the whole strongest on sea talk starts to make sense so chances are that at some point in this arc, Luffy might have to fight Kaidou underwater 😱. And on this issue I noticed something really interesting in the second opening for the Wano Country arc in the Anime :p

Y'all that read the manga already know this but the Wano Arc Anime Openings have had an insane amount of spoilers even hinting at some things that would happen in the manga before it even happened lol (for instance the whole Kyoshiro ting).

So this scene I thought was really peculiar given what I've discussed above ^^

Doesn't the above seem a lil weird to y'all? I have no idea what Luffy is doing here but he might grasp the ability to manipulate water this arc, maybe something even akin to fishman karate 🤷‍♂️.

Also, this is a bit of boring speculation but the whole water shark ting on Luffy's kimono I guess could also arguably be an indication of Luffy acquiring Jinbe who is a Shark-type fishman as a nakama this arc ^^

Also I only just noticed this, but doesn't the blade with the black hilt Zoro has in this cover page look a lot more like Enma than it does Shusui 😱

Enma:

Shusui:

Also it seems like Zoro still has the Sandai Kitetsu in this Cover Page so he might not be acquiring the Nidai Kitetsu this arc like I've been speculating for a while now but well we'll see ^^

So yh the Enma ting, only makes this theory even more interesting doesn't it :p

Moving on ^^, Chopper seems to have a Sakura imprint on his Kimono. When I think Sakura, I think Dr. Hiluluk (i.e. Chopper's father) as the Sakura was Hiluluk's method of healing his country and coincidentally the Sakura is also characteristic of Wano Country, so it could very well be that Chopper will be getting some kinda significant hint to his dream of acquiring a "Cure for All" on Wano ^^

I'd like to speculate a bit on Nami's Kimono but I have nothing lol (my bad to the Nami fans :p but y'all can always speculate about it, if you think this theory might be legit ^^)

The next point I'd like to speculate on with regards to this color spread is the peculiar bit of text on it ^^. Usually when we get Color Spreads we do get some interesting bits of text on them but not like this iirc and I'm referring to the "花道 One Piece" bit ^^

In Japanese 花道 (lit. Flower Road). One definition refers to it as the path that is located in between the spectators that Kabuki Actors/Actresses pass through to enter or leave the stage. Where as another refers to it as a metaphor for "big moment" or "spot light" which I thought was very interesting as the four at the front, have been really impressive on Wano so far so it's mostly likely an indication that those five in particular will be getting most of the spotlight during this Wano Arc ^^.

I mean with Luffy, Zoro and Sanji it is kinda expected given the stakes of the arc, considering that they are the strongest SHs, but Chopper and Nami are an interesting addition :p With Chopper y'all that read the manga already know the drill :p. He's been amazing this arc and I'm looking forward to even more Chopper greatness so if that is anything to go by, Nami fans should prolly be excited for what's to come with her this arc ^^.

Color Spread 2

So on this Cover Page the most stand out ting here is the massive Pink Dragon which I myself and I guess a few others have speculated is Momonosuke ^^. I mean who else could it be lol. Momo is the only pink dragon we know in the series, and SPOILER ALERT! in chapter 1007 we find out that Momonosuke's Artificial Devil Fruit was created using Kaidou's lineage factor so it is basically a replica of Kaidou's DF. So I think that bit of information makes this speculation a very real possibility. Problem though is that this very much looks like an Adult Dragon and Momonosuke is still a kid that transforms into a small Dragon. However if Momonosuke is somehow able to become an Adult during this arc then, this massive Dragon form is indeed possible ^^. In this Wano Arc, there has been a lot of focus on Momonosuke as well as his growth as an individual and as the Shogun of Wano Country with the character frustrated that he isn't strong enough and hating having being protected and wants to be protect his subordinates and growing older by some means will definitely allow him to be able to achieve this objective and help him overcome this character conflict with himself of being powerless/useless etc.

I won't really go too much into the Momosuke becoming an adult theory but I think there have been strong indications leading up to the Wano arc and through the Wano Arc that hint at this, one of which was something Momonosuke said in his speech to Luffy in Chapter 819 when he asked him for help.

But yh moving on to the next bit of this Cover page which is actually confirmed 😂

In this Cover Page, we see Luffy wearing armor with the Kozuki Crest on it and coincidentally, Oda had Luffy wear a very similar armor during the Wano Arc when the SHs were heading into the raid on Onigahsima

Image thanks to Amanomoon via Devian Art ^^

So yh these color spreads contain a shit load of foreshadowing :p

Before moving onto Robin and Usopp, I'd like to first discuss the peculiar bit of text that Oda once again included on this color spread which is "暫 Shibaraku" (lit. momentarily, for a short while etc.)

This bit of text I find very interesting and my own depiction of is that it is saying something will happen to each of the individuals on that color spread for a short period of time.

In Luffy's case, he really did only wear that armor for a very short period of time 😂

In Momonosuke's case it could be an indication that he would only be able to attain an Adult Dragon form for a short period of time maybe due to restriction imposed by the process in which he is able to acquire that form. For example, it could be Shinobu's DF, Toki's DF or even something entirely different.

In Robin's case, considering her plot line on Wano, my guess is that she is going to be captured by the beast pirates for a short while during the arc due to her ability to read the Poneglyphs. If you are up to date in the manga, then you'd know that the beast pirates are currently after Robin. I don't want her to lose to Maria but Robin fans, that could very well be a real possibility:catsweat:

Next up is Ussop, for me personally what I thought was very interesting about him is the imprint on his Kimono which is the same tree in the first color spread with Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, Chopper and Nami. What is even more interesting is that in the anime, in the episode we got where Higurashi was impersonating Sukiyaki in the palace, a painting of that exact tree was behind her (i.e. Will look it up and include it to the end of this post at a later time ^^). Another interesting ting about that tree is that it has 8 branches which might be some foreshadowing related to Orochi, who has the Yamta no Orochi Mythical Zoan, which is snake with 8 heads. So it could be that Usopp will be doing something to Orochi's eight heads momentarily. For example sniping O-tama's dango's into their mouths or sumin ^^. Another really interesting thing about this is that Usopp seems to utilize plants a lot in his fighting style so maybe, he gets his hand on some sorta super rare OP Wano type tree momentarily. Regardless, it'd be interesting to see ^^ Anywho! that is all I have for now :p. There are more Wano Color Spreads but I'll save that for a later time ^^. This speculation post is already long enough as it is

Hope y'all enjoyed the read ^^
Post automatically merged:

No way I’d have been able to draw this connection prior to it being revealed 😂 but looked at it again now & it clicked :p. For the Nami fans, that Kimono, Nami is wearing on Color Spread 1 seems to have the ‘cotton plant’ on it (I.e the white looking flower), which is coincidentally the name Nami came up for Zeus in the chapter where he merged with her Clima Tact :catsweat: (I.e. 綿 - Wata). It’s a bit obscure so I can understand if some folks think it is a stretch particularly since the flower pattern on a lady’s kimono isn’t out of place.

Last edited:
The katana Zoro is wearing is Yubashiri... But nice theory tho i really expect it to happen
Oh! Just confirmed & u’re right 🙈 isn’t necessarily a bad ting tho, as I thought it a bit odd & was also a bit disappointed that Zoro didn’t have Nidai in that color spread (I.e. Makes a helluva a lot of sense for him to get it). Thanks for pointing that out ^^
Post automatically merged:

I don’t think Oda planned things that far out, but probably uses those cover spread for callbacks
I agree with you to an extent that Oda probably callbacks to somethings in color spreads as it's impossible to plan everything out ^^ but the reason why I say to "an extent" is coz we already know Oda enjoys hiding stuff in the story or in Color spreads to see if readers are observant enough to notice it. A good and recent example of this is the color spread that hinted about Zoro getting Enma, another example of this is Oda hinting Sanji was a prince with the whole "Mr Prince" ting and even the color spread that had Sanji with a briefcase with the word secret on it, hinting that Sanji was keeping a secret. Not to mention that somethings in the Wano Color Spreads above have already been confirmed and there is an obscure massive Pink Dragon in it and Momo is the only pink dragon we know in the series. I really don't think that is random.

Last edited: