Character Discussion Commander-in-Chief Kong Role in the Story

We know Kong is the former Fleet Admiral when he had Prime Roger, Prime Whitebeard, Prime Garp, Xebec, Prime Shiki, Prime Sengoku around.

If he's Fleet Admiral in Roger's time. it is because it is extremely powerful, there is no debate on it.

Kong has been promoted as Commander in Chief of the Whole Army of the World Government, which is also the most powerful organization in the world which includes

Marines / Who is Superior to Fleet Admiral
Ciphol Poll / CP0
Impel Down / Superior to Magellan and Shiryu
The Former 7 Royals Shichibukai / Superior to Mihawk and Weeble
The Government's Espionage Agents
Enies Lobby

There is absolute control over all these groups of organizations.

We can ask these questions there.

Kong has a scar / mark on his left face like Garp, Dragon and Luffy. Is he part of the D Family / Clan? Mainly Monkey.D? sight that Kong and Monkey come from the primate family.

Monkey. D Kong sounds cool too lol. Some people even think he's Garp's big brother or even his father lool. Maybe it's because of Uncle Kong that Dragon left the navy?Maybe he was not on good terms with his uncle or his grandfather.

Monkey D. Kong.
Luffy have a Pirate Brother, Garp have a Marine Brother

That's why he really want them to enter in the Marines to be like him and his brother Kong
Maybe thanks to his Brother, Garp is not fired by the Gorosei.

It's all coming together.

What level of power do you place him in comparing with the legends of One Piece?

Will we see Kong afterwards? (Oda wouldn't have introduced / created his character and important status, he could have just been content with Fleet Admiral and not create an even higher status. Otherwise)

What will be its importance in story?

My money on Dragons fight. Garp chose family once, he’ll do it again and we’ll see Sengoku the Buddha and Chief of Command Kong will try to stop them. However, Garp and and Dragon will step in.

Garp vs Sengoku

Dragon vs Kong

Luffy vs Imu

My money on Dragons fight. Garp chose family once, he’ll do it again and we’ll see Sengoku the Buddha and Chief of Command Kong will try to stop them. However, Garp and and Dragon will step in.

Garp vs Sengoku

Dragon vs Kong

Luffy vs Imu
That will be so cool

i think we going to see Kong in Garp Flashback
Sakazuki Flashback
Dragon Flashback too

That will be so cool

i think we going to see Kong in Garp Flashback
Sakazuki Flashback
Dragon Flashback too
Yeah we’ll probably get a short flashback of Garp Sengoku and Kong in their prime when we see the God Valley flashback. We may not see Sengoku and Kong fight, but we’ll see their design and if Rox and Roger hype them up that’d be cool

Yeah we’ll probably get a short flashback of Garp Sengoku and Kong in their prime when we see the God Valley flashback. We may not see Sengoku and Kong fight, but we’ll see their design and if Rox and Roger hype them up that’d be cool
Xebec is too dangerous to the marines to send a Vice Admiral against the most powerful crew of all time.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Always liked the theory that Kong is a part of Garp’s line, even if it’s just another straw of hay breaking the back of a camel labeled EVIDENCE THAT LUFFY IS THE CHOSEN ONE...whoever he is, I think he’ll be a SWORD-sympathetic Marine that will ultimately ally with the main character during the final war, don’t see him doing much before then.

I don't know. I mean, I get all the Kong hype, he was some sort of dude put above even the fleet admiral and a total mystery, he was IM before IM basically. Yet.. This dude should be at least as old as Garp and we all know that age in the end matters in OP, see WB. I don't think Oda will make him an immortal.or something like the Gorosei could be. Also at this point the real big bad guy in the WG side is IM, then we have still the gorosei and then, best option for him since he would be above Garp and Sengoku, there could be Kong.

Imo Oda put him there at the end of Marineford but without a planned role. He could also be a pal of Zephir. Anyway at best he will get another cameo when the story hits the navy or eos but I don't think there will be the time to explore Kong (again there is a plethora of marine/WG guys we basically know nothing about). It would be cool imo to see him in some sort of prequel if it will be done one day (since he will be a white blanket but who was presented in the main story years and years before).

Strange that no legendary pirate ever mentioned it
That imo is the main clue as why he will not play a role. Oda could have potentially hyped him above Sengoku amd Garp (but dehype Garp, who is an old legend still full of mysteries, for an even older legend before Garp's part in the story is complete sounds really weird) but he never used a top tier, or anybody else, to hype him (at least with Garp and Sengoku we get Roger words to hype them).

Is probably still strong not unlike old-Garp & Sengoku, but he's got to be in his 80s-90s by now.
I think his "role" in the story is nothing more than world building: Oda needed a FA that existed before Sengoku and a unifying figure to command the other military branches of the WG (CP, Warlords/SSG). If the SHs make it to MG we'll probably seem him fight at least.

I would love to discern more details about his past. We aren't realistically quite aware of his deeds and his powers if we had to be honest. All we know about is prominently his high status. He is a prominent figure, the most prominent right after Im and the Gorosei.

We know Kong is the former Fleet Admiral when he had Prime Roger, Prime Whitebeard, Prime Garp, Xebec, Prime Shiki, Prime Sengoku around.

If he's Fleet Admiral in Roger's time. it is because it is extremely powerful, there is no debate on it.

Kong has been promoted as Commander in Chief of the Whole Army of the World Government, which is also the most powerful organization in the world which includes

Marines / Who is Superior to Fleet Admiral
Ciphol Poll / CP0
Impel Down / Superior to Magellan and Shiryu
The Former 7 Royals Shichibukai / Superior to Mihawk and Weeble
The Government's Espionage Agents
Enies Lobby

There is absolute control over all these groups of organizations.

We can ask these questions there.

Kong has a scar / mark on his left face like Garp, Dragon and Luffy. Is he part of the D Family / Clan? Mainly Monkey.D? sight that Kong and Monkey come from the primate family.

Monkey. D Kong sounds cool too lol. Some people even think he's Garp's big brother or even his father lool. Maybe it's because of Uncle Kong that Dragon left the navy?Maybe he was not on good terms with his uncle or his grandfather.

Monkey D. Kong.
Luffy have a Pirate Brother, Garp have a Marine Brother

That's why he really want them to enter in the Marines to be like him and his brother Kong
Maybe thanks to his Brother, Garp is not fired by the Gorosei.

It's all coming together.

What level of power do you place him in comparing with the legends of One Piece?

Will we see Kong afterwards? (Oda wouldn't have introduced / created his character and important status, he could have just been content with Fleet Admiral and not create an even higher status. Otherwise)

What will be its importance in story?
Solid theory. I’d be down for Kong to be a hype character

Solid theory. I’d be down for Kong to be a hype character
Thank you very much
Post automatically merged:

Always liked the theory that Kong is a part of Garp’s line, even if it’s just another straw of hay breaking the back of a camel labeled EVIDENCE THAT LUFFY IS THE CHOSEN ONE...whoever he is, I think he’ll be a SWORD-sympathetic Marine that will ultimately ally with the main character during the final war, don’t see him doing much before then.
A Fleet Admiral as Ally is too much i think haha

That imo is the main clue as why he will not play a role. Oda could have potentially hyped him above Sengoku amd Garp (but dehype Garp, who is an old legend still full of mysteries, for an even older legend before Garp's part in the story is complete sounds really weird) but he never used a top tier, or anybody else, to hype him (at least with Garp and Sengoku we get Roger words to hype them).
Maybe Roger never fought Kong like Kaido never fought the Best Marines otherwise Kaido will mention them when Luffy use red rock to him

Is probably still strong not unlike old-Garp & Sengoku, but he's got to be in his 80s-90s by now.
I think his "role" in the story is nothing more than world building: Oda needed a FA that existed before Sengoku and a unifying figure to command the other military branches of the WG (CP, Warlords/SSG). If the SHs make it to MG we'll probably seem him fight at least.
The Best Looking 80s-90s with all that muscle lool

Garp vs Sengoku

Dragon vs Kong

Luffy vs Imu
Omg omg seconded, its soo much hype if this is the case. Garp vs Sengoku imo wont happen in full blown fight tho, theyre too old. maybe theyll resolve it in a game of chess or something. Since Kong is old Dragon may beat him and beat one or two more of Gorosei?

Imo Prime Kong is top of the top of the past along with Roger-WB-Xebec