Theory Conqueror's Haki Manifestation Theory

Conqueror's Haki has always somewhat interested me, since the idea of a Haki that is genetic, rather then something that is gained through training, seems a little odd. So I wanted to pose a theory, and see what you all thought of it. What if Conqueror's Haki isn't really genetic? Now, at this point have a decent number of people who possess Conqueror's Haki to examine, so we can sort of infer what qualities they collectively possess. The most notable one is that they generally seem to have a strong desire to lead. Now, this manifests in different ways, some are overbearing and domineering like Kaido, Doflamingo, etc., while others consider their subordinates more like close friends or family, like Whitebeard or Luffy, but as a general rule everybody with Conqueror's Haki that we've encountered seems to possess a strong spirit of leadership, or whatever you want to call it. They also seem to generally have extremely strong willpower. It takes a lot to break down their will, and even if something does, they can usually recover relatively quickly, without any sort of permanent, debilitating trauma.

So, my theory is basically thus: Rather then Conqueror's Haki being something born from genetics or a bloodline or whatever, it's something that is born in individuals with some sort of desire to lead, as well as an extraordinarily strong willpower. This is why we frequently see people with Conqueror's Haki almost exclusively either in a leadership role or having previously been in one. This also still supports the statement that it's something only an extremely small number of people have, in that very few people have the extraordinary willpower necessary combined with a strong desire for leadership. It's possible that you might even be able to manifest it later in life, depending on how your emotions and desires change or if your willpower is tempered, which explains why people like Kaido and Big Mom, who as far as we know don't have parents possessing Conqueror's Haki, are able to manifest it. It's something that's born from a specific mindset, rather then specific genes.

If there had to be one hitch in this idea, it'd be that we have seen a somewhat inordinate number of people who possessed Conqueror's Haki born from parents who possessed the same ability, which does support the idea that it's genetic. However, I think that in a way, this also supports my theory. Many of those that were born from Conqueror's Haki-wielding parents had rather extraordinary childhoods as a result, which led to them developing strong willpowers and desires, which leads to the manifestation of Conqueror's Haki. This would also explain why we see people like Katakuri, who has many siblings, being the only one among them to develop Conqueror's Haki, as only he had the right mindset and desires for it to manifest.

Oh right, I don't really frequent the forum too much, so if someone already put this theory forward and I'm just parroting them then please let me know.

WTF are you typing? Haki was never told to be genetics. It was always told to be the way you are saying. People that are natural born with strong spirit. You are just copying the manga and saying it is your own theory. Ridiculous.

WTF are you typing? Haki was never told to be genetics. It was always told to be the way you are saying. People that are natural born with strong spirit. You are just copying the manga and saying it is your own theory. Ridiculous.
Hm? I wasn't trying to take credit or anything like that, I was genuinely under the impression it was considered some kind of genetic power. It's something that's said to be unattainable through training or practice, only those naturally born with it can wield it, and multiple notable people who have it had parents who similarly possessed it, namely Luffy, Ace, and Katakuri. That seems like something that would indicate it being some manner of genetic ability, normally. Not to mention there's references in the series that would imply it's based on some kind of bloodline or lineage, such as people mentioning that it makes sense Luffy has it if his parent is Dragon.

Hm? I wasn't trying to take credit or anything like that, I was genuinely under the impression it was considered some kind of genetic power. It's something that's said to be unattainable through training or practice, only those naturally born with it can wield it, and multiple notable people who have it had parents who similarly possessed it, namely Luffy, Ace, and Katakuri. That seems like something that would indicate it being some manner of genetic ability, normally. Not to mention there's references in the series that would imply it's based on some kind of bloodline or lineage, such as people mentioning that it makes sense Luffy has it if his parent is Dragon.
So it just seems you don't watch/read the series. Neither Dragon or Garp are confirmed to have CoC or even foreshadowed like Oda did with Zoro.
Katakuri is the only son of BM that showed to have CoC. So far Sai (Chinjao's grandson) doesn't have CoC. Doffy's parents didn't had. BM's parents didn't had.

One Piece[DATA BOOK] Blue Deep : Character world's

Page 234-235-236-237

Natural talent
Some aspects of haki require the user to be born with the inherent talent. The greater the hidden power, the more likely it is for the user to use it unconsciously

+

Ace discovered his conqueror haki at the age of 10! Could this also be an ability passed down to him by the Pirate King!?.

Oda☝

Conqueror's Haki has always somewhat interested me, since the idea of a Haki that is genetic, rather then something that is gained through training, seems a little odd. So I wanted to pose a theory, and see what you all thought of it. What if Conqueror's Haki isn't really genetic? Now, at this point have a decent number of people who possess Conqueror's Haki to examine, so we can sort of infer what qualities they collectively possess. The most notable one is that they generally seem to have a strong desire to lead. Now, this manifests in different ways, some are overbearing and domineering like Kaido, Doflamingo, etc., while others consider their subordinates more like close friends or family, like Whitebeard or Luffy, but as a general rule everybody with Conqueror's Haki that we've encountered seems to possess a strong spirit of leadership, or whatever you want to call it. They also seem to generally have extremely strong willpower. It takes a lot to break down their will, and even if something does, they can usually recover relatively quickly, without any sort of permanent, debilitating trauma.

So, my theory is basically thus: Rather then Conqueror's Haki being something born from genetics or a bloodline or whatever, it's something that is born in individuals with some sort of desire to lead, as well as an extraordinarily strong willpower. This is why we frequently see people with Conqueror's Haki almost exclusively either in a leadership role or having previously been in one. This also still supports the statement that it's something only an extremely small number of people have, in that very few people have the extraordinary willpower necessary combined with a strong desire for leadership. It's possible that you might even be able to manifest it later in life, depending on how your emotions and desires change or if your willpower is tempered, which explains why people like Kaido and Big Mom, who as far as we know don't have parents possessing Conqueror's Haki, are able to manifest it. It's something that's born from a specific mindset, rather then specific genes.

If there had to be one hitch in this idea, it'd be that we have seen a somewhat inordinate number of people who possessed Conqueror's Haki born from parents who possessed the same ability, which does support the idea that it's genetic. However, I think that in a way, this also supports my theory. Many of those that were born from Conqueror's Haki-wielding parents had rather extraordinary childhoods as a result, which led to them developing strong willpowers and desires, which leads to the manifestation of Conqueror's Haki. This would also explain why we see people like Katakuri, who has many siblings, being the only one among them to develop Conqueror's Haki, as only he had the right mindset and desires for it to manifest.

Oh right, I don't really frequent the forum too much, so if someone already put this theory forward and I'm just parroting them then please let me know.
I like the idea of CoC not being something you’re either born with or you aren’t. I’m not sure that’s the case but I will say that as far as I can tell, what unlocks CoC most of the times we’ve seen it is wanting to “stop” others desperately during a high stress situation as was the case with Luffy, Ace, and Doffy. Luffy wanted to stop the marines from executing Ace. Ace wanted to stop Luffy from being killed. Doffy wanted to stop the crowd of people from killing him and his family.

Now whether this is the same for everyone I’m not sure. But it was a highly consistent pattern with those three. However Zoro doesn’t seem to fit this pattern, though Zoro also didn’t unlock the kind of CoC that knocks people out like the other three I mentioned did.

I partially agree.

To me, CoC is heritage Only for D clan but not for the others. D Clan always have it but need time to unlock. The matter of D that hadnt show it is include in the package of the discussion. The others outside can have CoC in Awakening terms.

In other words, there is no discussion about CoC being heritage except for D clan.
This can be right or wrong.

One Piece[DATA BOOK] Blue Deep : Character world's

Page 234-235-236-237

Natural talent
Some aspects of haki require the user to be born with the inherent talent. The greater the hidden power, the more likely it is for the user to use it unconsciously

+

Ace discovered his conqueror haki at the age of 10! Could this also be an ability passed down to him by the Pirate King!?.

Oda☝
No one passed this shit to BM. Not all BM children have that shit. Pretty simple.