Chapter Discussion Cross Guild was the only way Oda could have made Mihawk participate in final war

The more important question is:

Given how much much Oda loves his roaming lone wolf Mihawk, if CG was not in the plans from the beginning, until the fated Z v. M fight,

what was originally Mihawk's role in the Final War?

I think this was one of the rare smart writing decisions post Time Skip.

Otherwise, the SHs would need to make a detour just to deliver Zoro to Mihawk so they can duel, and then move on from that island to their next adventure.

This way, Mihawk was incorporated into a crew that will sooner or later encounter the SHs so that Z vs M can happen semi-naturally.
Yep,Buggy,Crocodile and Mihawk had hanging side stories that needed resolution.This way he finishes their stories at once.

Yep,Buggy,Crocodile and Mihawk had hanging side stories that needed resolution.This way he finishes their stories at once.
Technically, so do Moria, Weevil, and Doflamingo. Weevil obviously has a awhole thing with being a failed WB Clone and Moria is just implied with being around at Fullalead and Perona finding him.

And Doflamingo especiallybecause of the WG National Treasure. He's likely the focal point on what that treasure actually is

Technically, so do Moria, Weevil, and Doflamingo. Weevil obviously has a awhole thing with being a failed WB Clone and Moria is just implied with being around at Fullalead and Perona finding him.

And Doflamingo especiallybecause of the WG National Treasure. He's likely the focal point on what that treasure actually is
I think CG will team up with Marco to raid impel down.

I think this was one of the rare smart writing decisions post Time Skip.

Otherwise, the SHs would need to make a detour just to deliver Zoro to Mihawk so they can duel, and then move on from that island to their next adventure.

This way, Mihawk was incorporated into a crew that will sooner or later encounter the SHs so that Z vs M can happen semi-naturally.
Agreed. Before CG, Mihawk was that optional boss in an rpg and Zoro was gonna fight him in new game+/epilogue.

Eh Doflamingo doesn't need to go back to the story for us to find out the truth about the national treasure. It could put Oda in a corner, will he have Doffy tell CG about it? if not why?

Doflamingo is perfectly situated in a place where Oda can avoid killing him but can leave him inactive. Doffy quite literally is a wildcard that could create many plot inconveniences

Eh Doflamingo doesn't need to go back to the story for us to find out the truth about the national treasure. It could put Oda in a corner, will he have Doffy tell CG about it? if not why?

Doflamingo is perfectly situated in a place where Oda can avoid killing him but can leave him inactive. Doffy quite literally is a wildcard that could create many plot inconveniences
For sure, i just mean more explaining what it actually is since he was the focal point behind its existence. However you are right, it doesnt mean he "needs" to be a part of anything specifically. Itll be interesting to see what sone of these former villains end up doing if they come back. I think Bon being in ID along with Megallan does at least suggest that something will happen there but we'll see what at some point

For sure, i just mean more explaining what it actually is since he was the focal point behind its existence. However you are right, it doesnt mean he "needs" to be a part of anything specifically. Itll be interesting to see what sone of these former villains end up doing if they come back. I think Bon being in ID along with Megallan does at least suggest that something will happen there but we'll see what at some point
Oh yeah Doffy could comeback, it's just that he's in an extremely convenient spot for Oda that I doubt he does.

Mihawk had become a plot problem for the story, he was clearly created in East Blue as a goal for Zoro, and that made sense at the time, but he and the whole WSS plot just become a totally random plotline that not even Oda seems to care, as we dont meet a single character besides Zoro that even talk about it, or any other swordsman that Mihawk have defeated.

And because of all this lack of development on this WSS plotline it was really hard to fit him back into the story for the fight against Zoro without it feeling totally random and disconected from the other SH plotlines, especially as he isnt part of any of the three final organizations the SH can fight against (the WG, RHP and BBP).

Like imagine the SH are fighting the WG in the final war to save the world, while Zoro is doing a sidequest against Mihawk for his own personal sake, would feel totally out of character for him.

Sadly for Mihawk i wouldnt doubt that Oda just cut his plotline and made Zoro fight a adult S-Hawk as a way to make Zoro fight a stronger Mihawk at the same time that he can keep the order of enemies in a way that made sense.

Giving how Oda said Mihawk also used to hunt marines maybe having him joining the Revos would be better and more consistant with plot since making WG going down would probably allow Mihawk to have a peaceful life.