Others Cross-Site Advertisement Board

Ratchet

The End and the Beginning
Rules and Expectations:

As the name should probably give away, the purpose of this thread is to advertise games cross-site. Note that this applies only to forums where advertisement has been permitted though a mutual partnership, which currently is one (One Last Forum). Links to sites that are not mentioned here are not permitted, and will be removed. If you have a suggestion for a site you think would be a good fit to partner with, this is not the thread to suggest it - please seek out a member of the moderation team who can then take it to internal discussions.

In terms of rules of what can be linked here, this thread is to serve as a bulletin board only. I've outlined a template below - all posts within this thread are to follow that template. I've written it in a format that be copy & pasted with the BBcode already added, this is to ensure that each post contains the relevant information a prospective player may need to judge if they wish to sign up, and to keep the thread on point. No discussion around games belongs in here - leave that to the General thread please. I'll also add that common sense applies, and this is a two-way street - if you don't host or play games here, do not expect to be able to post links to games you run off-site. Generally, any type of game will be allowed, provided it is, obviously, Mafia. Mafia-adjacent games, such as Assassin Games, or Town of Salem games, are also allowed, but please make that known in your advertisement (under "game type"). For the "game type" field, please choose one of the styles outlined below - I've tried to be as broad as possible with these, if you find that your game isn't covered by any of them, choose the closest approximation and I'll see about redefining or adding extra ones in as needed.

Any links should only be to the relevant sign-up thread for the game being advertised. Further links, such as Discord links for out of game chats for example, should not be posted here, in the interests of avoiding clutter. If your game is to be anonymous, wherein players are disguised via use of sockpuppet accounts, make sure you explicitly state that under "notes". I'd like to note that cross-site linking remains contentious, and as a section we are being afforded a privilege other sections are not, so please make sure that you don't abuse it. You should advertise your game only once - if it hasn't filled after you've posted here, that doesn't mean you get to keep posting the same advertisement here. If you think it needs a signal boost, please politely ask potential players to check this thread for your game (don't quote your advertisement outside of the thread, as this defeats the purpose of having a dedicated thread for it in the first place). Also, please don't react or commentate within this thread - you should only be posting when you have a game to advertise, and only one, following the template below.

Finally, there have been a few occasions recently where sign up threads have gone up for the same game across multiple sites - I plan to address this in a separate post within the Mafia Rules thread in more detail, but pertinent to this thread, advertisements for a game that has a sign up here for the same game offsite will not be allowed, and similarly if you pull a sign up thread from here to host elsewhere, you will not be able to advertise that game within here. This is largely to eliminate various loopholes that come at the detriment of the site.

Format:

Game Name - This is the name of your Mafia Game. Typically, this will be the flavour, but if you happen to have a series of games, this is where you'd make that clear (eg. Cluedo Mafia 4).
Total Players - This is the total number of players you wish to have in the game, not to be confused with the number of slots you have left to fill.
Game Type - This is the type of game you plan to run. You should only be choosing one of these, from the following:
Ranked - This is for games designed to be very competitive, with chat/fluff posting kept to a minimum if at all. Ranked games are expected to be well-balanced, and favour in-thread play over role actions.​
Casual - This is for games that have more relaxed standards. As a guideline, consider this the usual fare for Worstgen games. Balance is still expected to be fair, but certain, more experimental conventions may be allowed.​
Role Madness - The definition of role madness can vary, but the expectation here is that every player will have at least one role. Some roles and mechanics may also be complex.​
Super Role Madness - In these games, roles and mechanics are expected to be convoluted or plentiful, with each player having access to multiple abilities, and mechanics within the game present that can vastly alter the game state at any given time.​
Players Required - This is to be the total number of players you have left to recruit. You're expected to update this regularly, so that a prospective player can reasonably anticipate how soon they can expect the game to fill.
Start Date - This is to be a rough idea of when you expect the game to start. I don't expect hosts to update this regularly, though you may obviously do so if you wish.
Notes - Any extra information players may need to know about the game should go here. For example, if a player needs to have a Discord account, they should be informed as such in this section. If your game is Bastard, it should also be noted here. If there is nothing you feel you need to add, simply say "N/A".
Link - The link to the sign up thread should go here.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me (either through PM, the General Discussion thread, my wall etc). The guidelines on this thread may be updated as and when required - you're expected to make sure you're familiar with them before you post here.

[B]Game Name:[/B]
[B]Total Players:[/B]
[B]Game Type:[/B]
[B]Players Required:[/B]
[B]Start Date:[/B]
[B]Notes:[/B]
[B]Link:[/B]

AL sama

Red Haired
As the name should probably give away, the purpose of this thread is to advertise games cross-site. Note that this applies only to forums where advertisement has been permitted though a mutual partnership, which currently is one (One Last Forum). Links to sites that are not mentioned here are not permitted, and will be removed
read this :seriously::seriously: