Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Timothy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Winters Socalo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Yeah I think most people kinda have the same feeling lol.

Absolutely.

Yeah I also agree here. Allen is deffo a great one. I don't usually really like MCs but Allen is one of the rare exceptions.
When Allen was revealed to be a card shark, I loved him a lot more. Seeing that side of him made him a lot more well-rounded instead of the goody-goody protagonists we usually get from SJ. I love it when he talks back to Cross, too. He has his own mind and that's really refreshing.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
When Allen was revealed to be a card shark, I loved him a lot more. Seeing that side of him made him a lot more well-rounded instead of the goody-goody protagonists we usually get from SJ. I love it when he talks back to Cross, too. He has his own mind and that's really refreshing.
Yeah I really liked that too. Made him a lot more interesting.

This is an interesting pick ngl. I think Komui is good, like many of DGM's characters, but wasn't really expecting him in the top 5 lol.

Am I the only one that has Allen as their top 1?

I thought more people liked him lol
Allen is awesome
He’s my fav MC
I just like some characters a little bit more
:owo:
Post automatically merged:

I’m revisiting it and then I’ll make a proper list since it’s been a while :neesama:

For now top 5: Tyki, Lavi, Lenalee, Allen and Komui.
Komui is the perfect big brother
His bond with Lenalee is precious
I hope they’ll never get separated again
:josad:

is the anime any good (or should i read the manga from the start) :kayneshrug:
For first time I would say both are solid, but case of tons of fillers and censorship it is better to stick with manga only.

Anime added a lot of filler. The manga is better. The story is better told there. Also you can appreciate the evolution of the art as well.
Funny thing that anime don't really have fillers. All fillers are canon, case it based on novels. Biggest problem of anime is pacing and censorship. To add some fillers animators prolonged part that shouldn't be prolonged and even healed one wound of mc on one episode, while in manga it healed only in middle of next mini arc.

From other hand first DGM anime created ideal Gray atmosphere that perfectly matches main theme of anime, plus it has good artstyle and nice OST. Due fact that a lot of themes in DGM bases on music(piano in Noah arc) perfect OST is important you should consider to watch anime after/when reading manga

There are a lot of my favorites

Lala's Lulaby

Maria's Grave

Jasdevi song

Also some moments in anime just looks much better,, for example:

But anime changed few important moments, so if you really want to enjoy it better watch it after reading manga.

Last edited:
I didn't know about that ngl. I watched the anime up until the Lulu Bell arc and heard it's all filler, so I went to the manga and started from chapter 1.
I don't really remember if all of those fillers are canon, but I know that Kanda's Witch Hunt arc is canon based on novels, story with hospital invastigation is canon, and even story with Gladiator and elixir of life. Plus to that some flashbacks of dead characters are canon so...yeah most of those fillers are canon.

Soin this case I can say that when you first time watching DGM or reading better stick with manga or skip all fillers. But you should watch at least some of them, case some of them, especially Kanda's arc and Hospital
Speaking of faves, what's everyone's top 10?

By the time I almost caught up this was my list. To be honest I think I wouldn't really change much here, if anything at all.
Hmm my top 10 would be:

1. Kanda - despite the fact, that I dislike characters like Zoro, who are arrogant and etc, Kanda is different. Yes in the begining he looked like another Zoro, but then I grew on him. He was showed as good real leader who can take responsibility for own questions and for his teammates. This is why Kanda became a General. So yes, number one character for me.

2. Allen Walker - I was thinking that he should be on first place. Now I will say he is on second place, but this can change soon enough. Sad clown whose smile hide his tears. He and Kanda are best charters for me in this manga and anime;

3. Road Kamelot - ok, maybe this is just me, but I grew a lot on her in this flashback. And now I can say that when I reread first chapters with her, everything that she said and what she did got hidden context. So litteraly she became character that I'm really interesting to learn and see even more;

4. Earl/Mana

5. Komui - best brother is here;

6. Marian Cross

7. LeenaLee

8. Neah;

9. Krory

10. Lavi

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
I don't really remember if all of those fillers are canon, but I know that Kanda's Witch Hunt arc is canon based on novels, story with hospital invastigation is canon, and even story with Gladiator and elixir of life. Plus to that some flashbacks of dead characters are canon so...yeah most of those fillers are canon.

Soin this case I can say that when you first time watching DGM or reading better stick with manga or skip all fillers. But you should watch at least some of them, case some of them, especially Kanda's arc and Hospital
I think I remember some of those.

Hmm my top 10 would be:

1. Kanda - despite the fact, that I dislike characters like Zoro, who are arrogant and etc, Kanda is different. Yes in the begining he looked like another Zoro, but then I grew on him. He was showed as good real leader who can take responsibility for own questions and for his teammates. This is why Kanda became a General. So yes, number one character for me.

2. Allen Walker - I was thinking that he should be on first place. Now I will say he is on second place, but this can change soon enough. Sad clown whose smile hide his tears. He and Kanda are best charters for me in this manga and anime;

3. Road Kamelot - ok, maybe this is just me, but I grew a lot on her in this flashback. And now I can say that when I reread first chapters with her, everything that she said and what she did got hidden context. So litteraly she became character that I'm really interesting to learn and see eben more about her;

4. Earl/Mana

6. Marian Cross

7. LeenaLee

8. Neah;

9. Krory - idk loce this old man;

10. Lavi
Good list.

Hmm my top 10 would be:

3. Road Kamelot - ok, maybe this is just me, but I grew a lot on her in this flashback. And now I can say that when I reread first chapters with her, everything that she said and what she did got hidden context. So litteraly she became character that I'm really interesting to learn and see even more;

4. Earl/Mana

6. Marian Cross

7. LeenaLee

8. Neah;

9. Krory

10. Lavi
Zoro is my fav character but you can’t compare him with Kanda
Kanda is leagues above him
D.Gray Man characters in general >>> OP characters
:kayneshrug:

Zoro is my fav character but you can’t compare him with Kanda
Kanda is leagues above him
D.Gray Man characters in general >>> OP characters
:kayneshrug:
Well, to be honest Zoro was my favorite before timeskip. Case after timeskip he loses some deep part of him somewhere. I mean the whole idea of Mihawk teaching him as for me is awfull. While in same time it was Sanji after time skip who picked my interest, because he showed some deep shit going on inside him.

Kanda from other hand build differently. And he is my favorite character. I mean Kanda will not just about talking, he always do what he suppose to do, or what he sweared to do. Few examples:

1. He basically almost killed Allen, without jokes stub him with sword.;

2. When Kanda return, he promised to catch Allen and he did;

I mean this guy from somewhat arrogant swordman grew into General. I mean D.GrayMan is also about comedy, but unlike Zoro even in last chapter, Kanda acts like a boss, like grown man. When this man talk shit everybody listening what he will say. Despite the fact that Allen is MC, Kanda has own route. He is like Sasuke, but he still acts on his own and didn't became mad shit crazy bastard.

Last edited:
Well, to be honest Zoro was my favorite before timeskip. Case after timeskip he loses some deep part of him somewhere. I mean the whole idea of Mihawk teaching him as for me is awfull. While in same time it was Sanji after time skip who picked my interest, because he showed some deep shit going on inside him.

Kanda from other hand build differently. And he is my favorite character. I mean Kanda will not just about talking, he always do what he suppose to do, or what he sweared to do. Few examples:

1. He basically almost killed Allen, without jokes stub him with sword.;

2. When Kanda return, he promised to catch Allen and he did;

I mean this from somewhat arrogant swordman grew into General. I mean D.GrayMan is also about comedy, but unlike Zoro even in last chapter, Kanda acts like a boss, like grown man. When this man talk shit everybody listening what he will say. Despite the fact that Allen is MC, Kanda has own route. He is like Sasuke, but he still acts on his own and didn't became mad shit crazy bastard.
I think the whole SHC lost their essence
They just became one dimensional
Luffy got dumber, Zoro got colder, Sanji a walking dick etc.
This is why I’m not a huge fan of post ts OP in general
Post automatically merged:

Kanda's character development and story line is 10/10