Manga Discussion Dandadan

Your top 5 favourite characters?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
THIS is how it should be done.
Love the teamwork. The struggle is real. The memories hit in a right spot.
Yeah everything was spot on.

I am not going to lie, this is most likely the most underrated manga in Jump right now.

So glad you recommended this manga to me, @Sebastian Michaelis
I am glad you're enjoying it my dude. I got a full list of recs lol :milaugh:

LMAO, Momo on Top left corner:gokulaugh:
LMAO yeah both top left parts are funny.

Will the members of the advance unit all die as their suits are being destroyed?
I think the thought that "they can't survive on Earth without the suits" needs further explanation.
I think it's a must to expand upon the extraterrestrial life of the manga. It's a must to expand upon the worlds where they came from,their biology,their cultures,their histories etc. I would hate it if Tatsu used this excuse "Info about extraterrestrial life is too complicated for human understanding". We humans don't know what are the limits of our own intelligence. And with the amount of our intelligence we can use,content creators are more than capable of imagining otherworldly lives and elaborating all about them. The fact that the aliens introduced so far can communicate in human languages makes the interaction of the two worlds possible.
@Sebastian Michaelis @Devilbat @GrandmasterChef Zonji @DarkWitch

What a way to defeat the main villain.
If he really is defeated.
Is it a final one though? There are still quite a lot of enemies, although, they may retreat.

Nice avi btw, Luna from Helluva boss is the best girl.

I am glad you're enjoying it my dude. I got a full list of recs
I'm listening :)
Post automatically merged:

Will the members of the advance unit all die as their suits are being destroyed?
I think the thought that "they can't survive on Earth without the suits" needs further explanation.
I think it's a must to expand upon the extraterrestrial life of the manga. It's a must to expand upon the worlds where they came from,their biology,their cultures,their histories etc. I would hate it if Tatsu used this excuse "Info about extraterrestrial life is too complicated for human understanding". We humans don't know what are the limits of our own intelligence. And with the amount of our intelligence we can use,content creators are more than capable of imagining otherworldly lives and elaborating all about them. The fact that the aliens introduced so far can communicate in human languages makes the interaction of the two worlds possible.
Tbh, I'd love extraterrestrial adventures to be written as spin-offs, there might be a space abduction arc, but I doubt our main cast is going to jump space like the EZ crew.

So an anthology series with insight to various alien cultures would be amazing, and with Vamola's story we can see that Tatsu can create an impact with a short meaningful story.

Is it a final one though? There are still quite a lot of enemies, although, they may retreat.

Nice avi btw, Luna from Helluva boss is the best girl.
When it comes to that alien group, it seems like the leader did get defeated by the end but I could be wrong.

All the other major players from that group have already been defeated and other than the main villain itself, the rest of the aliens in that group seem like minor villains.

Also yep Loona is best girl.:optimistic:

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž
We saw some through Vamola's flashback. If they are defeated or close to it, I do expect a little flashback on some or at least the most important member of the gang to see why and how they became what they are now.

So I am going to divide these into groups lol. You have seen Death Note and Code Geass right?

Completed series

- Monster - Probably the best manga out there. With the best villain in manga. Completed series. New high quality scans have just been uploaded to mangasee recently. 162 chapters. Around 25 pages per chapter.
Monster weaves the riveting story of brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma, a famous surgeon with a promising career at a leading hospital. Tenma risks his reputation and promising career to save the life of a critically wounded young boy. Unbeknownst to him, this child is destined for a terrible fate. A string of strange and mysterious murders begin to occur soon afterward, ones that professionally benefit Dr. Tenma, and he emerges as the primary suspect. Conspiracies, serial murders, and a scathing depiction of the underbelly of hospital politics are all masterfully woven together in this compelling manga thriller.

- Pandora Hearts - 104 chapters. Usual length somewhere around 40 plus pages.
The air of celebration surrounding fifteen-year-old Oz Vessalius's coming-of-age ceremony quickly turns to horror when he is condemned for a sin about which he knows nothing. He is thrown into an eternal prison known as the Abyss, from which there is no escape. There, he meets a young girl named Alice, who is not what she seems. Now that the relentless cogs of fate have begun to turn, will they lead only to crushing despair for Oz, or is there some shred of hope for him to grasp on to?

- Yu Yu Hakusho. Togashi's, the author of HxH, first manga. 175 chapters. Typical weekly manga chapter length.
Yusuke Urameshi was a tough teen delinquent until one selfless act changed his life... by ending it. When he died saving a little kid from a speeding car, the afterlife didn't know what to do with him, so it gave him a second chance at life. Now, Yusuke is a ghost with a mission, performing good deeds at the behest of Botan, the ferrywoman of the River Styx, and Koenma, the pacifier-sucking judge of the dead.

- Next. A bit of a controversial pick ngl. I've enjoyed it. But that's cuz I like that type of story and setting. Tokyo Revengers. 278 chapters. Typical weekly manga chapter length.
Watching the news, Takemichi Hanagaki learns that his girlfriend from way back in middle school, Hinata Tachibana, has died. The only girlfriend he ever had was just killed by a villainous group known as the Tokyo Manji Gang. He lives in a crappy apartment with thin walls, and his six-years-younger boss treats him like an idiot. Plus, he's a complete and total virgin รขโ‚ฌยฆ At the height of his rock-bottom life, he suddenly time-leaps twelve years back to his middle school days!! To save Hinata, and change the life he spent running away, hopeless part-timer Takemichi must aim for the top of Kanto's most sinister delinquent gang!!

- Another controversial pick. But if I tell you why I'd end up spoiling you lol. Attack on Titan. 139 chapters. 40+ pages a chapter.
In this post-apocalyptic sci-fi story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, whatโ€™s left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.

- Deadman Wonderland - 57 chapters. Usual length around 40+ pages.
The Great Tokyo Earthquake. Ten years ago, it destroyed lives as it tore buildings asunder. Among those who lived through the disaster was Ganta Igarashi, now a middle school student finally getting a footing in his own life... that is, until the day the 'Red Man' appears at his school and turns his world upside down again. Ganta's entire class is brutally murdered, and although innocent of the crime, Ganta is sentenced to death and sent to the bizarre prison known as 'Deadman Wonderland.' There, a brutal game of survival begins, where Ganta must discover the truth behind his classmates' murder. Can Ganta break out of Deadman Wonderland... or will it break him first?

- Jigokuraku. 127 chapters, typical weekly manga length of a chapter
Gabimaru the Empty, a former ninja assassin known feared as a heartless husk of a man, spends his days on death row wondering when an executioner skilled enough to so much as harm him will arrive, as he thinks nothing of seeing an end to his meaningless existence... Or so he thought. Then the lady executioner, Asaemon the Beheader, rekindles his hope with an astounding proposition. If he ever wishes to see his beloved wife again, he is, under the auspices of the shogunate, to embark on a perilous voyage to the mysterious mystic island said to house the elixir of immortality. Should he be the one among many rival death-row fiends and scoundrels to find the elixir, he'll earn a full exoneration, and, more importantly, a chance at an ordinary married life with the light of his life--the woman who made the world seem not so ugly. What awaits them is a journey like no other

- Hellsing. Or watch the Hellsing Ultimate. But be sure to pick Ultimate not the regular anime. The manga is in volumes. 10 volumes on mangasee.
Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, an organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing also has a few secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. Although he dislikes being a servant to the Hellsing family, he certainly enjoys his job as Hellsing's vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and a former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is still a valuable member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

- Shaman King. Around 300 chapters. Usual length.
Yoh Asakura is a shaman--one of the gifted few who, thanks to training or natural talent, can channel spirits that most people can't even see. With the help of his fiance, Anna, Yoh is in training for the ultimate shaman sports event: the "Shaman Fight in Tokyo," the once-every-500-years tournament to see who can shape humanity's future and become the Shaman King. But unfortunately for Yoh, every shaman in the world is competing for the same prize...

- The Seven Princes of the Thousand-Year Labyrinth. Short and sweet. 21 chapters. 40ish pages typically. My type of manga.
The Thousand Years Labyrinth, a whirlpool of mystery and intrigue, Does it show despair or hope? One day, brilliant young men will be gathered at the Thousand Years Labyrinth. They thought that the ceremony to select the next emperor had started but...?

Ongoing series.

I am just gonna get two out of the way. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and detectives thus these 2 were a must for me.

- Moriarty the Patriot.
In the late 19th century, the British Empire has become a global power. Due to the strict class stratification, the average citizen has little chance of successfully rising up to the top, where the despicable nobility rules over them all.

William James Moriarty, the second son of the Moriarty household, is a young mathematics professor who has displayed great cunning and intellect since he was a child. Along with his brothers Albert and Louis, he lives the simple life of a noble. Outside of school, William is a well-known private consultant willing to solve the problems of anyone in need. However, his gentle demeanor belies his position as the head of a group prepared to wreak havoc in pursuit of its desireโ€”a new world built from the ashes of the old.

Yuukoku no Moriarty puts a new spin on Arthur Conan Doyle's original work by putting the spotlight on its main antagonist and exploring how he came to be the first and only "criminal consultant."

- Ron Kamonohashi Deranged Detective
This unusual duo brings the hidden truth into the light! Ron Kamonohashi, a private investigator with serious issues, and Totomaru Ishiki, a pure-hearted but dim police detective, team up to solve the most baffling mysteries! A thrilling detective story for a new generation from Akira Amano, creator of "Reborn!" and "Eldlive"!

- Bungo Stray Dogs
Nakajima Atsushi was kicked out of his orphanage, and now he has no place to go and no food. While he is standing by a river, on the brink of starvation, he rescues a man whimsically attempting suicide. That man is Dazai Osamu, and he and his partner Kunikida are members of a very special detective agency. They have supernatural powers, and deal with cases that are too dangerous for the police or the military. They're tracking down a tiger that has appeared in the area recently, around the time Atsushi came to the area. The tiger seems to have a connection to Atsushi, and by the time the case is solved, it is clear that Atsushi's future will involve much more of Dazai and the rest of the detectives!

- Vanitas no Carte
Paris, late 19th century. Vanitas is a human who works as a doctor for vampires and wishes to save them. He uses a magical book called The Vanitas Grimoire to dispel an evil curse that corrupts vampires and turns them into blood-sucking monsters. But...this very same book is rumoured to be the cursed tome that gives birth to vampires on nights when the blue moon is full. Noe is a vampire on the hunt for The Grimoire. Who, really, is Dr Vanitas? What are the secrets that he holds, and what fate do those secrets spell for the vampire species?

- D. Gray Man
Set in a fictional 19th century England, D.Gray-man is the story of Allen Walker, a 15-year-old boy who roams the earth in search of Innocence. Washed away to unknown parts of the world after the Great Flood, Innocence is the mysterious substance used to create weapons that obliterate demons known as akuma.

Thousands of years ago, there existed those gifted with the power of God. Their mission: to destroy the ominous evils that lurk in the darkness known as "Akuma." Led by the Milenium Earl, Akuma seek to destroy fragments of "Innocence," the only weapons capable of harming the Earl and his army and bring about the Great Flood from a hundred years ago.

To prevent this tragedy from happening, the Black Order was formed as an organization dedicated to fighting the Earl. They recruit Exorcists, those with the inherent ability to accomodate Innocence, to fight against the Akuma.

In the late 19th century, Allen Walkerโ€”a white-haired boy armed with Innocence that takes the form of his entire left arm and a cursed eye that can see Akumaโ€”is sent to the Black Order. There, Allen meets various comrades from the Orderโ€”the mercurial Yuu Kanda, the kindhearted Lenalee Lee, and the cheerful yet mysterious Lavi. Despite their different personalities, they have one goal in mind: to bring salvation to the souls of Akuma and prevent the Earl from destroying the world.

- Black Butler
Just a stone's throw from London lies the manor house of the illustrious Phantomhive earldom and its master, one Ciel Phantomhive. Earl Phantomhive is a giant in the world of commerce, Queen Victoria's faithful servant...and a slip of a twelve-year-old boy. Fortunately, his loyal butler, Sebastian, is ever at his side, ready to carry out the young master's wishes. And whether Sebastian is called to save a dinner party gone awry or probe the dark secrets of London's underbelly, there apparently is nothing Sebastian cannot do. In fact, one might even say Sebastian is too good to be true...or at least, too good to be human...

- Record of Ragnarok
The story begins when the gods call a conference to decide the whether to let humanity live or die, and settle on destroying humanity. But a lone valkyrie puts forward a suggestion to let the gods and humanity fight one last battle, as a last hope for humanity's continued survival. 13 gods will fight against 13 human champions in one-on-one battles to decide whether humanity lives or dies.

- Vinland Saga
Thorfinn is son to one of the Viking's greatest warriors, but when his father is killed in battle by the mercenary leader Askeladd, he swears his intent to have revenge. Thorfinn joins Askeladd's group in order to challenge him to a duel, and ends up caught in the middle of a war for the crown of England.

Very new series

- Tenmaku Cinema
The exciting new series from the creators of Food Wars! Extreme movie-lover Hajime Shinichi and the ghost of the mysterious genius screenwriter Takihiko Tenmaku--their meeting will provide some serious plot twists! It's ready, set, action for this coming-of-age series!

- Kill Blue
The new series from the creator of Kuroko's Basketball! Can a legendary assassin redo his life as a middle schooler?!

A graduate from the school of hard knocks, hit man Ogami faces his greatest challenge yetโ€ฆmiddle school!

- Nue's Exorcist
Yajima has been able to see spirits since he was small. At his new school is a room that nobody else can see. And inside is a spirit who loves playing video games. A new modern exorcist saga now begins!

These are off the top of my head now. I might be forgetting a few here and there.​

Last edited:

We saw some through Vamola's flashback. If they are defeated or close to it, I do expect a little flashback on some or at least the most important member of the gang to see why and how they became what they are now.

So I am going to divide these into groups lol. You have seen Death Note and Code Geass right?

Yes to Death note, no to Code Geass. Death note got me into reading manga :)
Is CG worth it?

Completed series

- Monster - Probably the best manga out there. With the best villain in manga. Completed series. New high quality scans have just been uploaded to mangasee recently. 162 chapters. Around 25 pages per chapter.

This one seems quite interesting! will be on the top of my to-read list as it is completed.

Monster weaves the riveting story of brilliant Dr. Kenzo Tenma, a famous surgeon with a promising career at a leading hospital. Tenma risks his reputation and promising career to save the life of a critically wounded young boy. Unbeknownst to him, this child is destined for a terrible fate. A string of strange and mysterious murders begin to occur soon afterward, ones that professionally benefit Dr. Tenma, and he emerges as the primary suspect. Conspiracies, serial murders, and a scathing depiction of the underbelly of hospital politics are all masterfully woven together in this compelling manga thriller.

- Pandora Hearts - 104 chapters. Usual length somewhere around 40 plus pages.

Interesting, although I'm a little tired of "coming of age" stories, so probably will read when I have time for it

The air of celebration surrounding fifteen-year-old Oz Vessalius's coming-of-age ceremony quickly turns to horror when he is condemned for a sin about which he knows nothing. He is thrown into an eternal prison known as the Abyss, from which there is no escape. There, he meets a young girl named Alice, who is not what she seems. Now that the relentless cogs of fate have begun to turn, will they lead only to crushing despair for Oz, or is there some shred of hope for him to grasp on to?

- Yu Yu Hakusho. Togashi's, the author of HxH, first manga. 175 chapters. Typical weekly manga chapter length.

This one is on my to-read list as HxH was pretty damn cool!

Yusuke Urameshi was a tough teen delinquent until one selfless act changed his life... by ending it. When he died saving a little kid from a speeding car, the afterlife didn't know what to do with him, so it gave him a second chance at life. Now, Yusuke is a ghost with a mission, performing good deeds at the behest of Botan, the ferrywoman of the River Styx, and Koenma, the pacifier-sucking judge of the dead.

- Next. A bit of a controversial pick ngl. I've enjoyed it. But that's cuz I like that type of story and setting. Tokyo Revengers. 278 chapters. Typical weekly manga chapter length.

This one kinda reminds me of Re:Life, which is less dramatic and more on slice of life - romance - comedy side, but I quite enjoyed it

Watching the news, Takemichi Hanagaki learns that his girlfriend from way back in middle school, Hinata Tachibana, has died. The only girlfriend he ever had was just killed by a villainous group known as the Tokyo Manji Gang. He lives in a crappy apartment with thin walls, and his six-years-younger boss treats him like an idiot. Plus, he's a complete and total virgin รขโ‚ฌยฆ At the height of his rock-bottom life, he suddenly time-leaps twelve years back to his middle school days!! To save Hinata, and change the life he spent running away, hopeless part-timer Takemichi must aim for the top of Kanto's most sinister delinquent gang!!

- Another controversial pick. But if I tell you why I'd end up spoiling you lol. Attack on Titan. 139 chapters. 40+ pages a chapter.

I remember I started reading it when there were like 40 chapters or so and gave up because it wasn't finished, and I wasn't that impressed. Might give it another go!

In this post-apocalyptic sci-fi story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, whatโ€™s left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.

- Deadman Wonderland - 57 chapters. Usual length around 40+ pages.

I've read that one, a good pick.
The Great Tokyo Earthquake. Ten years ago, it destroyed lives as it tore buildings asunder. Among those who lived through the disaster was Ganta Igarashi, now a middle school student finally getting a footing in his own life... that is, until the day the 'Red Man' appears at his school and turns his world upside down again. Ganta's entire class is brutally murdered, and although innocent of the crime, Ganta is sentenced to death and sent to the bizarre prison known as 'Deadman Wonderland.' There, a brutal game of survival begins, where Ganta must discover the truth behind his classmates' murder. Can Ganta break out of Deadman Wonderland... or will it break him first?

- Jigokuraku. 127 chapters, typical weekly manga length of a chapter

Is it fantasy or more realistic?

Gabimaru the Empty, a former ninja assassin known feared as a heartless husk of a man, spends his days on death row wondering when an executioner skilled enough to so much as harm him will arrive, as he thinks nothing of seeing an end to his meaningless existence... Or so he thought. Then the lady executioner, Asaemon the Beheader, rekindles his hope with an astounding proposition. If he ever wishes to see his beloved wife again, he is, under the auspices of the shogunate, to embark on a perilous voyage to the mysterious mystic island said to house the elixir of immortality. Should he be the one among many rival death-row fiends and scoundrels to find the elixir, he'll earn a full exoneration, and, more importantly, a chance at an ordinary married life with the light of his life--the woman who made the world seem not so ugly. What awaits them is a journey like no other

- Hellsing. Or watch the Hellsing Ultimate. But be sure to pick Ultimate not the regular anime. The manga is in volumes. 10 volumes on mangasee.

Know that one, great pick!

Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, an organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing also has a few secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. Although he dislikes being a servant to the Hellsing family, he certainly enjoys his job as Hellsing's vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and a former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is still a valuable member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

- Shaman King. Around 300 chapters. Usual length.

This one hits me with nostalgia :) I've got hooked on anime thanks to Fox Kids Shaman King anime, later on I started reading the manga, it was on a hiatus at that time and then suddenly the serialisation resumed, oh the joy.

Hate the children spin-off though.

Yoh Asakura is a shaman--one of the gifted few who, thanks to training or natural talent, can channel spirits that most people can't even see. With the help of his fiance, Anna, Yoh is in training for the ultimate shaman sports event: the "Shaman Fight in Tokyo," the once-every-500-years tournament to see who can shape humanity's future and become the Shaman King. But unfortunately for Yoh, every shaman in the world is competing for the same prize...

- The Seven Princes of the Thousand-Year Labyrinth. Short and sweet. 21 chapters. 40ish pages typically. My type of manga.

Nice, I will probably bump it up in my to-read list because it's so short lol (and I do appreciate conciseness!)

The Thousand Years Labyrinth, a whirlpool of mystery and intrigue, Does it show despair or hope? One day, brilliant young men will be gathered at the Thousand Years Labyrinth. They thought that the ceremony to select the next emperor had started but...?

Ongoing series.

I am just gonna get two out of the way. I am a huge fan of Sherlock Holmes and detectives thus these 2 were a must for me.

SHERLOCK BROOOS!!

- Moriarty the Patriot.

Must read.

In the late 19th century, the British Empire has become a global power. Due to the strict class stratification, the average citizen has little chance of successfully rising up to the top, where the despicable nobility rules over them all.

William James Moriarty, the second son of the Moriarty household, is a young mathematics professor who has displayed great cunning and intellect since he was a child. Along with his brothers Albert and Louis, he lives the simple life of a noble. Outside of school, William is a well-known private consultant willing to solve the problems of anyone in need. However, his gentle demeanor belies his position as the head of a group prepared to wreak havoc in pursuit of its desireโ€”a new world built from the ashes of the old.

Yuukoku no Moriarty puts a new spin on Arthur Conan Doyle's original work by putting the spotlight on its main antagonist and exploring how he came to be the first and only "criminal consultant."

- Ron Kamonohashi Deranged Detective

I love the "rag tag team of misfits" setup. Seems fun!

This unusual duo brings the hidden truth into the light! Ron Kamonohashi, a private investigator with serious issues, and Totomaru Ishiki, a pure-hearted but dim police detective, team up to solve the most baffling mysteries! A thrilling detective story for a new generation from Akira Amano, creator of "Reborn!" and "Eldlive"!

- Bungo Stray Dogs

Reading this one now, it's quite enjoyable!

Nakajima Atsushi was kicked out of his orphanage, and now he has no place to go and no food. While he is standing by a river, on the brink of starvation, he rescues a man whimsically attempting suicide. That man is Dazai Osamu, and he and his partner Kunikida are members of a very special detective agency. They have supernatural powers, and deal with cases that are too dangerous for the police or the military. They're tracking down a tiger that has appeared in the area recently, around the time Atsushi came to the area. The tiger seems to have a connection to Atsushi, and by the time the case is solved, it is clear that Atsushi's future will involve much more of Dazai and the rest of the detectives!

- Vanitas no Carte

Not a fan of vampires, but could read if there's nothing else.

Paris, late 19th century. Vanitas is a human who works as a doctor for vampires and wishes to save them. He uses a magical book called The Vanitas Grimoire to dispel an evil curse that corrupts vampires and turns them into blood-sucking monsters. But...this very same book is rumoured to be the cursed tome that gives birth to vampires on nights when the blue moon is full. Noe is a vampire on the hunt for The Grimoire. Who, really, is Dr Vanitas? What are the secrets that he holds, and what fate do those secrets spell for the vampire species?

- D. Gray Man

I'm waiting for this to be finished. I've been reading it till the hiatus, and then with the art change it was quite difficult to recognise the characters and remember their deal :) I used to like it a lot, though

Set in a fictional 19th century England, D.Gray-man is the story of Allen Walker, a 15-year-old boy who roams the earth in search of Innocence. Washed away to unknown parts of the world after the Great Flood, Innocence is the mysterious substance used to create weapons that obliterate demons known as akuma.

Thousands of years ago, there existed those gifted with the power of God. Their mission: to destroy the ominous evils that lurk in the darkness known as "Akuma." Led by the Milenium Earl, Akuma seek to destroy fragments of "Innocence," the only weapons capable of harming the Earl and his army and bring about the Great Flood from a hundred years ago.

To prevent this tragedy from happening, the Black Order was formed as an organization dedicated to fighting the Earl. They recruit Exorcists, those with the inherent ability to accomodate Innocence, to fight against the Akuma.

In the late 19th century, Allen Walkerโ€”a white-haired boy armed with Innocence that takes the form of his entire left arm and a cursed eye that can see Akumaโ€”is sent to the Black Order. There, Allen meets various comrades from the Orderโ€”the mercurial Yuu Kanda, the kindhearted Lenalee Lee, and the cheerful yet mysterious Lavi. Despite their different personalities, they have one goal in mind: to bring salvation to the souls of Akuma and prevent the Earl from destroying the world.

- Black Butler

Heard a lot about it, is it that good?

Just a stone's throw from London lies the manor house of the illustrious Phantomhive earldom and its master, one Ciel Phantomhive. Earl Phantomhive is a giant in the world of commerce, Queen Victoria's faithful servant...and a slip of a twelve-year-old boy. Fortunately, his loyal butler, Sebastian, is ever at his side, ready to carry out the young master's wishes. And whether Sebastian is called to save a dinner party gone awry or probe the dark secrets of London's underbelly, there apparently is nothing Sebastian cannot do. In fact, one might even say Sebastian is too good to be true...or at least, too good to be human...

- Record of Ragnarok

Not sure of this one, but let's see, maybe I'll like it

The story begins when the gods call a conference to decide the whether to let humanity live or die, and settle on destroying humanity. But a lone valkyrie puts forward a suggestion to let the gods and humanity fight one last battle, as a last hope for humanity's continued survival. 13 gods will fight against 13 human champions in one-on-one battles to decide whether humanity lives or dies.

- Vinland Saga

I heard a lot of positives about this manga, need to add this to my list!

Thorfinn is son to one of the Viking's greatest warriors, but when his father is killed in battle by the mercenary leader Askeladd, he swears his intent to have revenge. Thorfinn joins Askeladd's group in order to challenge him to a duel, and ends up caught in the middle of a war for the crown of England.

Very new series

I will need to wait a little for them to pick up. I've started newest Aizawa's work, Yomi no Tsugai, and while it's quite interesting, I feel like I need the plot to build up :)

- Tenmaku Cinema
The exciting new series from the creators of Food Wars! Extreme movie-lover Hajime Shinichi and the ghost of the mysterious genius screenwriter Takihiko Tenmaku--their meeting will provide some serious plot twists! It's ready, set, action for this coming-of-age series!

- Kill Blue
The new series from the creator of Kuroko's Basketball! Can a legendary assassin redo his life as a middle schooler?!

A graduate from the school of hard knocks, hit man Ogami faces his greatest challenge yetโ€ฆmiddle school!

- Nue's Exorcist
Yajima has been able to see spirits since he was small. At his new school is a room that nobody else can see. And inside is a spirit who loves playing video games. A new modern exorcist saga now begins!

These are off the top of my head now. I might be forgetting a few here and there.​

Thank you for the goodies! Left my comments within the quote. You're the GOAT!!!

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž

Thank you for the goodies! Left my comments within the quote. You're the GOAT!!!

I'll go through them in a second.

Yes to Death note, no to Code Geass. Death note got me into reading manga :)
Huge W.

Is CG worth it?
Absolutely. This one is an anime original so go to the anime. 50 episodes. 2 seasons. Features one of the best protagonists in manga/anime, and a top 2 character of mine overall.

This one seems quite interesting! will be on the top of my to-read list as it is completed.
Good to hear. It's absolutely top tier.

Interesting, although I'm a little tired of "coming of age" stories, so probably will read when I have time for it
Understandable. It just vibed with me. A hidden gem.

This one is on my to-read list as HxH was pretty damn cool!
I've enjoyed both thoroughly. You're in for a treat.

This one kinda reminds me of Re:Life, which is less dramatic and more on slice of life - romance - comedy side, but I quite enjoyed it
I didn't see that one but this one isn't really a comedy or slice of life type.

I remember I started reading it when there were like 40 chapters or so and gave up because it wasn't finished, and I wasn't that impressed. Might give it another go!
The story gradually unfolds a lot and it gets really really good but.

Is it fantasy or more realistic?
Fantasy. They acquire special powers. You'll see if you give it a go.

I've read that one, a good pick.

Know that one, great pick!
W takes.

his one hits me with nostalgia :) I've got hooked on anime thanks to Fox Kids Shaman King anime, later on I started reading the manga, it was on a hiatus at that time and then suddenly the serialisation resumed, oh the joy.

Hate the children spin-off though.
I haven't touched the spin offs.

Nice, I will probably bump it up in my to-read list because it's so short lol (and I do appreciate conciseness!)
Sounds good. I just finished it a few days ago.

SHERLOCK BROOOS!!
Must read.

I love the "rag tag team of misfits" setup. Seems fun!
It deffo is. I've binged it and keeping up with it weekly now.

Reading this one now, it's quite enjoyable!
Hit me up when you finish.

Not a fan of vampires, but could read if there's nothing else.
That's understandable.

I'm waiting for this to be finished. I've been reading it till the hiatus, and then with the art change it was quite difficult to recognise the characters and remember their deal :) I used to like it a lot, though
Oh yeah. The art evolved so much. It's top tier all around now. Shame we only get like 3 or 4 chapters per year.

Heard a lot about it, is it that good?
Personally yes. It's just my type. Victorian era England, aristocracy, mysteries, supernatural things.

Not sure of this one, but let's see, maybe I'll like it
It's a battle one, but the characters are so good. The designs too ngl.

I heard a lot of positives about this manga, need to add this to my list!
Absolutely. It's more mature and darker. But definitely a top tier one.

I will need to wait a little for them to pick up. I've started newest Aizawa's work, Yomi no Tsugai, and while it's quite interesting, I feel like I need the plot to build up :)
FMA author? I should probably check it out then. Thanks.

Light D Lamperouge

โ€Ž