Versus Battle Darui vs Zabuza

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Here those two swordsmen fight each other :

Shippuden Darui with his own broad Cleaver Sword
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Cleaver_Sword

And Zabuza with his Decapitating Knife
https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Kubikiribōchō

Round 1 : only CQC sword battle no ninjutsu.

Round 2 : all out battle. No knowledge.

Round 3 : all out battle, full knowlegde.

They fight in the beach where Darui fought Ginkaku and Kinkaku.

@LuthonTheDragDown @Jiihad @Draco @Bogard @Seth @silverfire @Van @Shiroyru @Vlad D. Impaler @Yoshioka Seijuro @FloriGlori @Cinera @Enma @Seraphoenix @Marimo_420 @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @Sentinel @Ice devil slayer @comrade @HA001 @Haoshoku @Inflamed Haki @ShishioIsBack etc

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Darui seemed like an S rank shinobi, while IIRC Zabuza was only A rank? Either way, he appeared considerably stronger.

Darui should take all rounds handily I think.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
Darui seemed like an S rank shinobi, while IIRC Zabuza was only A rank? Either way, he appeared considerably stronger.
Zabuza was not ranked officially. He was a former ANBU of Kiri and one of the 7 swordsmen of the Mist. Kakashi became stronger during second part but he was already seen as a very powerful jonin during first part. And his fight with Zabuza was a difficult one.

And I have Kakashi better than Darui.

And dealing with the Mist is quite the pain.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
That's a massively more powerful version of Kakashi. He low diffs his Wave Arc version.
But Kakashi was still really strong during Part I. He was still a genius, jonin at extremely young age, ANBU captain during years, really smart, tons of jutsu and sharingan. People saw Kakashi becoming Kage even in part I and every strong ninja in the world knew him already. His jutsu copying is really a pain to deal with.

Darui is indeed strong too. Was also a division commander during the fourth war, was Raikage right hand man (weaker than Killer B but still) and he beat Kinkaku and Ginkaku during the war (they were Edo tensei and he won with the god tools hax but still). He became kage too after the manga.

I have Darui a little bit weaker than part I Kakashi mostly due to copying jutsu.

Darui seemed like an S rank shinobi
About Darui being a S rank shinobi I don't know.

The S Rank shinobi we know : Akatsuki members. I don't see Darui beating any of them except maybe Hidan in 1 vs 1 and even that is not totally a given.

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
Darui is an elite even among the jonin. His hype and portral out-classes Zabuzas even with whatever little focus he's received from Kishi.

The strongest of Raikages personal guard, Next in line for Raikage title, the only shinobi to inherit black lightning from the strongest Raikage. The fact that Kishi had him beat, even if barely, the people who molested Tobirama and Second Raikage should make it obvious he's way above Zabuza's pay-grade.

All this along with the fact that lightning > Water makes this a clear victory in Darui's favor.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Darui is an elite even among the jonin. His hype and portral out-classes Zabuzas even with whatever little focus he's received from Kishi.

The strongest of Raikages personal guard, Next in line for Raikage title, the only shinobi to inherit black lightning from the strongest Raikage. The fact that Kishi had him beat, even if barely, the people who molested Tobirama and Second Raikage should make it obvious he's way above Zabuza's pay-grade.

All this along with the fact that lightning > Water makes this a clear victory in Darui's favor.
@LuthonTheDragDown what's your reply to this?

I'd also like to hear from @Draco, @Bogard and @Marimo_420.

Only vague memories of Zabuza's skills and never cared for Darui, so from the back of my head I'd say Zabuza takes round one since he showed greater profiency in pure sword fighting, but Darui clears once he gets his array of Ninjutsu.
Post automatically merged:

That's a massively more powerful version of Kakashi. He low diffs his Wave Arc version.
Pretty much agree with Rayan on this one, there's nothing from Darui I remember Kakashi couldn't copy, plus having the CQC edge due to Sharingan. Lol, he even casually mastered Rasengan without ever using it. Kakashi hype and feats aren't to be disregarded, even back in part one. Thought his well-varied skillset was way more interesting pre Kamui hax. Kamui development should've stopped at Pain arc max imho.

Last edited:
Darui humiliates Zabuza imho. Zabuza was around the same level with Suigetsu and Suigetsu couldn't make Darui flinch even for once. He is someone chosen as the 1st divison commander for entire Shinobi army, that is above the level of 7 Ninja Swordsmen and at Akatsuki ballpark (He took down the brothers)

Jiihad

RIP Toriyama
Zabuza take tha first two rounds rather easily tbh, I think people are underestimating tha hidden most jutsu and how good zabuza was in silent killing. Kakashi had tha sharingan and still couldn’t see shit. Zabuza walks both first rounds

Last round could be tough since War Arc Shippuden went through tha roof in terms of power. So I think Darui wins tha last round

Zabuza take tha first two rounds rather easily tbh, I think people are underestimating tha hidden most jutsu and how good zabuza was in silent killing. Kakashi had tha sharingan and still couldn’t see shit. Zabuza walks both first rounds

Last round could be tough since War Arc Shippuden went through tha roof in terms of power. So I think Darui wins tha last round
What you are forgetting is that Darui is quite above Part 1 Kakashi in terms of power level. He is a Kekkei Genkai user, selected student of third Raikage and has more than enough chakra to use Sage of Six Paths’ tools (look at what happened to TenTen when she tried to use one of them only once). He shouldn’t be compared to Zabuza and is at least at the same ballpark with Mangetsu Hozuki (who is expected to be quite above Zabuza) (and I expect him to be stronger than Mangetsu too)

Darui wins but Zabuza will always be the winner in my heart :josad:
Zabuza's character developed while darui never did as he's just a minor character unlike zabuza who was the main villain of the land of waves arc.
His character was one of a demon but he had layers of complexity in his relation to haku which made him three dimensional and his care for her was shown as he hesitated to swing his blade when haku was in front of him plus zabuza also got more frantic with his attacks which is what allowed kakashi to win.
Later villains had no indication of that other side like gaara was a bloodthirsty monster and never showed an ounce of care for anyone but himself so when naruto talked to him, The change just seemed forced unlike with zabuza who hinted at care for her whenever they were on screen together