Anime Discussion Date a Live General Discussion - Season V

Mashiro Blue

𝓦𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝓾𝓹𝓸𝓷 𝓪 𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻 ✰
Solid 2nd ep. OP is very good and I really enjoyed it. Although as you've probably guessed it's full of spoilers lol

Still the ED >>. Might be my favourite ED this season.

First part was chill and second part was war prep. And so the battle starts against DEM. Next ep expecting a lot of CGI which I don't really like but we'll see.

As trivia, the system Maria and Nibelcole are characters that get the spotlight in DAL's 2nd VN -> Date a Live: Arusu Install, set in the Virtual World.

Mashiro Blue

What a great episode. The OST is just too good.

i don't really like CGI but it was bearable.

Mukuru appearing out of nowhere using Lataib on Artemisia :steef:

And the final scene. Finally she appears. This is getting better and better each ep. This season is like meth lol

Tbqh, for me, all CGI is horrendous. I simply don't like it.

For this series specifically I already knew this fight was gonna be in CGI so I overlook it as it didn't caught me by surprise.
There are anime with good CGI like Beastars, Land of the Lustrous and Trigun Stampede for example. Then again, we're talking about Studio Orange here which is renowned as the greatest CGI anime studio of all time.

And you got shit like Kingdom Season 1, 2016 Berserk, Ex-Arm whose CGI is so bad that I legit vomit more than once when I saw it the first time.

Mashiro Blue

There are anime with good CGI like Beastars, Land of the Lustrous and Trigun Stampede for example. Then again, we're talking about Studio Orange here which is renowned as the greatest CGI anime studio of all time.

And you got shit like Kingdom Season 1, 2016 Berserk, Ex-Arm whose CGI is so bad that I legit vomit more than once when I saw it the first time.
Yeah I understand that some CGI is better done than some others. For example I can see the difference in quality between when Sound! Euphonium does CGI (which is a very very small amount) and CGI like DAL or The Irregular at Magic School ep 2.

Still I find it ugly. Good CGI for me is when I don't or barely notice it's CGI. In other words, when CGI is like "normal" animation, because when I notice it's CGI, it's just bad imo.

Something like Frieren, The Apothecary Diaries, Sound! Euphonium, even Whisper Me a Love Song is much better imo. Too much CGI feels like I'm watching a Disney movie and not anime lol

Yeah I understand that some CGI is better done than some others. For example I can see the difference in quality between when Sound! Euphonium does CGI (which is a very very small amount) and CGI like DAL or The Irregular at Magic School ep 2.

Still I find it ugly. Good CGI for me is when I don't or barely notice it's CGI. In other words, when CGI is like "normal" animation, because when I notice it's CGI, it's just bad imo.

Something like Frieren, The Apothecary Diaries, Sound! Euphonium, even Whisper Me a Love Song is much better imo. Too much CGI feels like I'm watching a Disney movie and not anime lol
Fair enough. Non-noticable CGI is the best yeah.