DC & Marvel - Official Discussion Thread

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Use this thread to talk anything DC or Marvel related.

I'll kick off by introducing a general comparison between the two:

For starters DC heroes are usually portrayed as god-like beings, a top example is Dr. Manhattan, who chose to become an actual God. Also Superman is the strongest, Flash is the fastest, Batman the richest and so on. Marvel characters are usually quite less boundless powers wise, and that makes them more suited to realistic settings. The latter ones also feature more limitations and power flaws, which act as a balancer.

Speaking of settings, imaginary towns and places happen to be predominant in DC, just think about locations such as Gotham, Metropolis or Central City. Marvel locations are mainly set as our RL locations.

DC heroes are well-renowned for being top notch examples of good conduct and human qualities, Marvel ones strike as more mundane, like Fantastic Four or Tony Stark.

My last point affects the way DC and Marvel heroes and villains are portrayed as well.
The line of distinction between good and evil is quite well-marked and limpid in the DC series, not quite in the Marvel ones, where the line is more leaning towards the grey spectrum, just thinking about heroes like Ghost Rider, Venom, Wolverine, The Punisher, Nick Fury and so on.

Tagging a few users who might be interested: @Sentinel @Steven @Bogard @Natalija @Enma @RayanOO @Buusatan94 @Kiwipom @Cao Cao @HexBozoline @Dragomir @Jew D. Boy @Zoro D Goat @playa4321 @Dark Admiral @Dark Hound @Admiral Lee Hung @Albino 👑

I like both but I enjoy DC more than Marvel. I'm not big of a comic reader so my arguements mainly come from watching movies and series. lol
Injustice storyline has to be one of the best superhero story ever written. The fallout between the heroes is explored more vastly in it than the Marvel's Civil War (I've read both comics).
Batman is the Overall most well written/ developed masked superhero ever. IMO

edit: Thanks for creating this thread. Hope we get more interactions here.:cheers:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Not really a fan of either one, to be honest...never read DC or Marvel comics as a kid (or ever), and of the movies, I’ve only seen the Dark Knight series for DC, and the first Iron Man, first Avengers, and first Doctor Strange for Marvel. I’ve lived in America my entire life, but the only comics I’ve read with any regularity all came from Japan.

Yo, big comic book fan here. Favourite character is Batman, who has unfortunately been butchered in his last couple of film appearances.

I'm looking forward to Matt Reeve's upcoming Batman film since it taps into the oft overlooked detective aspect of the character, and also since it seems to be taking cues from the fantastic 'Long Halloween' by Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale.

Sucks that it would have been out by now if not for COVID
:kriwhat:
Post automatically merged:

Which one is Deadpool part of ? He's my favorite "super hero"
He's a marvel character

He is part of X-Men universe and isnt related to both Marvel and DC
That's not really true, only his film appearance rights were owned by Fox, which made the Xmen film series starring Jackman and co.
Now that Disney bought fox, Marvel has absorbed the deadpool series into the mcu and are looking to reboot the xmen as well.

In the comics, Xmen, Fantastic 4 and the avengers exist in the same universe, which is the marvel universe.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
That's not really true, only his film appearance rights were owned by Fox, which made the Xmen film series starring Jackman and co.
Now that Disney bought fox, Marvel has absorbed the deadpool series into the mcu and are looking to reboot the xmen as well.

In the comics, Xmen, Fantastic 4 and the avengers exist in the same universe, which is the marvel universe.
Ah okay thanks for the explanation

Fans of both Fandom but lets be real
last WW Movie isnt that good :josad:
I don't feel so.
It was not your classic OP Villain Vs Hero action movie but it had it's own different storytelling about mankind's true nature and how we should embrace what we have and love while we still can. The movie was deep and the W/W's speech at the end was epic. If you're into big CGI fight, the movie fails to satisfy you but as a movie lover it's a good movie. I'll give 8/10.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Which one is Deadpool part of ? He's my favorite "super hero"
Deadpool was published by Marvel Comics appearing in New Mutants and its creators took inspiration from Deathstroke, a DC character. Both anti-heroes happen to be mercenaries and sword masters.

DC tried to use Deadpool but made sure not to go too overboard in order to avoid being sued. The irony.

BangOO🍅

Pepebusi Spammer
I don't feel so.
It was not your classic OP Villain Vs Hero action movie but it had it's own different storytelling about mankind's true nature and how we should embrace what we have and love while we still can. The movie was deep and the W/W's speech at the end was epic. If you're into big CGI fight, the movie fails to satisfy you but as a movie lover it's a good movie. I'll give 8/10.
Yes im CGI fight fans and i hope Pattinson's Batman and Black Adam could hype up DC in the future

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy is the best, especially 'The Dark Knight', which is the best comic book movie of all times, largely because of Heath Ledger's Joker.

Joker is also my favourite comic book character, when I say comic book I am referring to Marvel, DC, not manga. Second favourite is Batman.

After the two of them I like a lot of characters from both verses.

Marvel movies on average are better, but DC, if we count the Nolanverse, has the best movie.