Anime Discussion Death Note thread

Who is your favourite character?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Light is definitely the smarter of the two
L had only one moment of brilliancy really, and that’s when he punked Kira on live TV the first couple episodes, but at that point Light didn’t even know whom he’s up against. From there L’s approach was based on instincts more so than actual reasoning. He was shocked at how smart Light is and for some reason wanted him to be the culprit.
Luck was on his side, and each time Light had to come up with drastic counters to win the war
-No one knows L’s name so there was no way he could be killed by Light
-Both happened to be the same age living in the same district, which made it easier for L to get close to Light
-Light’s gf fucking up the tape evidence
-L going full schizo on Light without evidence

Social skills come into play here too, Light understands people and knows how to manipulate them
Yeah L wanted Light to be the culprit. According to L himself there was only a 5% chance that Light is Kira but he decided to focus on him, for reasons outside of logic or evidence.

Yeah L wanted Light to be the culprit. According to L himself there was only a 5% chance that Light is Kira but he decided to focus on him, for reasons outside of logic or evidence.
Maybe L was just jealous of Light
Light took their rivalry personal because he himself is Kira
L took it personal because its Yagami Light, not because its Kira

That’s the major difference I’d say

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
Maybe L was just jealous of Light
Light took their rivalry personal because he himself is Kira
L took it personal because its Yagami Light, not because its Kira

That’s the major difference I’d say
I think it boils down to the fact that L knew Light was brilliant and the only one that could give him a real challenge. If Light weren't Kira it wouldn't be exciting for L. Well that's how I interpret L's actions at least.

You should sign up for this btw
https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/best-cover-page-tournament-signup-thread.51215/