Debate Versus On Power Level Section

So I used to be on a forum back in the days where we set up objective debates between two people would occur with a judge system. Of course, either person representing their chosen character to defend on who would win and after a set amount of replies or days, would end and then people can then comment afterward with the over all decision being made by the judges.

Essentially argue why certain feats and portrayals (Within reason) trump the other character.

Not sure if you'd have an extra incentive to participate but I think a civil debate could be good for the community.

The forum in question that I was referring to was call NarutoBase and there was a heavy bias towards a lot of characters I.e. Itachi. Somehow it worked but I do get why the dynamic here would make it difficult

So I used to be on a forum back in the days where we set up objective debates between two people would occur with a judge system. Of course, either person representing their chosen character to defend on who would win and after a set amount of replies or days, would end and then people can then comment afterward with the over all decision being made by the judges.

Essentially argue why certain feats and portrayals (Within reason) trump the other character.

Not sure if you'd have an extra incentive to participate but I think a civil debate could be good for the community.
I would honestly love this
Post automatically merged:

Indeed too many poorly knowledgeable or biased folks would ruin it unless they were accurately but also fairly chosen.
Meaning you. Quite literally you. You're talking about yourself.

I would like this tbh, though Judges need to judge based only on the comments and with no input of their own. And the judges need to explain themselves at the end on why they chose who they chose based.

Although I am new here, I can judge. I have judged debates previously irl and on other platforms

My suggestion is to let both participants
1 Post for their take on character (in detail)
1 post for argument on other players take (in detail , they should summer up all points they want to make)
1 post for counter argument (summer up everything they wants to counter)
1 post for second counter to first counter .
1 post for conclusion (here they will accept and decline , if they have changed view will mention that. Their summary about this debate)

So total 5 posts from each player. Keep it simple and short. Otherwise these arguments will never end due to possible ego problem and pre determined views.

Add function to give stars (like was in gallery section) for that argument.
Other players will give stars for that argument and will give their feedback . One member can give only 1 feedback.

Overall I liked debate concept over power scaling. Where majority over powered others and have pre determined views on other characters

My suggestion is to let both participants
1 Post for their take on character (in detail)
1 post for argument on other players take (in detail , they should summer up all points they want to make)
1 post for counter argument (summer up everything they wants to counter)
1 post for second counter to first counter .
1 post for conclusion (here they will accept and decline , if they have changed view will mention that. Their summary about this debate)

So total 5 posts from each player. Keep it simple and short. Otherwise these arguments will never end due to possible ego problem and pre determined views.

Add function to give stars (like was in gallery section) for that argument.
Other players will give stars for that argument and will give their feedback . One member can give only 1 feedback.

Overall I liked debate concept over power scaling. Where majority over powered others and have pre determined views on other characters
2nd and 5th points that you mention are pretty unnecessary.

The counters would include what they think about the other person's presented fact.

As for the 5th, no one will accept what the other says in a debate. Also don't think people would want to make this post, it's just additional work that will become a chore for debaters.

One starter and 2 or 3 posts for counters depending on how much debaters want to go for.

I agree with mostly everything else. 4 posts for each participant is more than enough.

Also, I don't agree with the star system, judges' votes should be the only thing, the number of starts would sway people's opinions and can demotivate one of the participants. So I don't think that should be a thing. But I am open to hearing more arguments for it

Also, I don't agree with the star system, judges' votes should be the only thing, the number of starts would sway people's opinions and can demotivate one of the participants. So I don't think that should be a thing. But I am open to hearing more arguments for it
Star is for entire debate. To motivate and appreciate both participants. In comment they can express their view on topic and overall debate.