Chapter Discussion Did 1046 include a last minute decision by Oda?

It seemed to me like Oda was actively trying a little bit too much to tell us that Luffy is still Luffy and not Joy Boy's reincarnation or something.First with Zunisha and then with Kaido's weird question.
Could it be that he felt the need to clarify the situation because of people hating the potential reincarnation in the previous chapters? I am not implying he changed his plans about Luffy in the last minute, but just added convo/panels to make it more clear.

I think Oda has made it clear by now that he writes out his ass every chapter, where majority of things are not planned: Marco's note, Yamato's random introduction, Nikka's random introduction, Big Mom, AdvCoC, random bomb plot included in the last minute, Denjiro, list goes on. So him changing a decision isn't a surprise.

No, Oda isn't going to change things because some people don't like it, if he did that Wano would be far different to how it currently is.

Also, the majority didn't dislike the Luffy/JoyBoy thing, it might seem that way here but this is a Zoro wank centric forum, the opinions here don't reflect the general opinion at all and in fact it's typically the opposite.

It seemed to me like Oda was actively trying a little bit too much to tell us that Luffy is still Luffy and not Joy Boy's reincarnation or something.First with Zunisha and then with Kaido's weird question.
Could it be that he felt the need to clarify the situation because of people hating the potential reincarnation in the previous chapters? I am not implying he changed his plans about Luffy in the last minute, but just added convo/panels to make it more clear.
It looked quite the opposite to me. With zunisha's comment, it looked like we are gonna see this matter again later and will understand of how the awakened Nika "Joyboy" affects Luffy.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I'm glad if he did

:josad:

I always did bet on Luffy still being Luffy since forever but not everyone can foresee that easily

For me Kaido was asking, whether Luffy lost to the will of his Zoan DF after awakening. We saw what happened to the Impel Down Guards, who had a weak will and lost their consciousness because of their awakened Zoan.

The same nearly happened to Luffy, as he turned into this laughing boy. He toyed around the last 2 chapters, but managed to regain more control in this chapter, so getting more serious again. Would he have a weaker mind, he for sure would have ended like the Impel Down guards.

The only difference: His Zoan isn't a wild animal, but a nika, so he would have ended up being this toying boy for ever.

For me Kaido was asking, whether Luffy lost to the will of his Zoan DF after awakening. We saw what happened to the Impel Down Guards, who had a weak will and lost their consciousness because of their awakened Zoan.

The same nearly happened to Luffy, as he turned into this laughing boy. He toyed around the last 2 chapters, but managed to regain more control in this chapter, so getting more serious again. Would he have a weaker mind, he for sure would have ended like the Impel Down guards.

The only difference: His Zoan isn't a wild animal, but a nika, so he would have ended up being this toying boy for ever.
Safe to assume that First Joyboy can't resist "Nika will" and go fuck up world during void century.