Powers & Abilities Did Akainu hold back against Aokiji?

No Akainu didn't hold back. You're reading two piece if you think that.

I want to address this DF matchup misconception people have on Akainu v Aokiji
Aokiji's DF if im not mistaken, is the Cold-Cold fruit not the Ice-Ice fruit. Meaning he can super cool objects to the point they get turned to ice

Akainu is magma, which when super cooled gets turned to solid crystal like substances depending on the rate of cooling. Meaning akainu would get turned to solid at cold temperatures which would make him vulnerable to critical hits, add Haki on those attacks and it becomes even more dangerous.
But Akainu can generate even more Magma which will help him counter it meaning he remains in logia form continuously.

There was no disadvantage for Aokiji in this matchup. Both fruits were equal here.

P.S pls dont blame me if there is some incorrect scientific logic here, i found this shit on google
Your logic is correct but in one piece , things work differently.

Akainu's DF is superior to fire DF. Plain and simple where ace's attack was equally cancelled by aokiji's.

So akainu does have an advantage against aokiji.

Also aokiji can't freeze akainu due to him being magma man but akainu can coat haki with his punches which can damage aokiji.

Basically akainu indeed had an advantage. Not big one but it's still there.

Your logic is correct but in one piece , things work differently.

Akainu's DF is superior to fire DF. Plain and simple where ace's attack was equally cancelled by aokiji's.

So akainu does have an advantage against aokiji.

Also aokiji can't freeze akainu due to him being magma man but akainu can coat haki with his punches which can damage aokiji.

Basically akainu indeed had an advantage. Not big one but it's still there.
Honestly i also don't like to use real world scientific logic when debating one piece, but i think it makes sense here.

Aokiji generally starts his fights by freezing his opponents, so i definitely think aokiji can possibly cool down akainu's magma, but akainu can keep generating magma continuously to counter it.

I think both fruits were portrayed equally during their fights, Punk Hazard is the clear depiction of that.

I'm going with my headcanon they where equal when the fight started, but after 10 days of fighting Akainu finally unlocked the power no one ever did before him, awakening a logia, this gave him the advantage to win the fight.

This would also put him above the other admirals with a fair margin, making him still a relevant battle strenght wise against Luffy

H

Herrera95

Aokiji let Saul live. Garp said he was taking easy on him.

More likely Aokiji hold back against Akainu that never shown to hold back with anyone.
Post automatically merged:

They were equals in the beginning and as everyone gets stronger during the war Akainu get stronger
akainu=100
aokiji=92-93
I like aokiji more but I think this is fair:kayneshrug:
Aokiji is stronger. He had DF disadvantage and still hold a 10 days fight.

Aokiji does not have any element disadvantage lol.
Otherwise PH wouldn't be Half Ice and Half Magma.

Ice cools Magma, Magma melts Ice.
The only disadvantages we know in the manga are what Oda told us.

Akainu did not went easy on Aokiji, he took his leg.