Powers & Abilities Did King use CoC?

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha

I don’t really know what this page is meant to show, otherwise. The focus seems to be on that the two aren’t touching, we’ve got bits of the lightning and the sfx is one that’s often used for CoC clashes, it‘s slihlty different from the usual “don” sfx.

(Top left for this one, no the first clash).

I think it looks like he did, but it’s strange that there’s absolutely no acknowledgement. Could have had some of the fodder around to get knocked out. But again, if it’s not CoC, I don’t know what’s meant to be happening here.

Might need some secondary sources to confirm, be that Vivre Cards, the anime, SBS, whatever.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Their swords touched before the panel and then Zoro said he won't let him take his swords again. Zoro pushed him away with his CoC.
This could be possible, but when Zoro uses ACoC in this very chapter; there were two things that were always consistent - there was always the haki leaking out of the swords and there were smoke around the swords.

Both of which were not present in that panel. I'm not saying that it was a CoC clash for sure, but it could very well be a case where Zoro pulls the sword out of the trick mechanism using his physical strength and then has a basic CoC clash briefly with King. The panel is unclear.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
This could be possible, but when Zoro uses ACoC in this very chapter; there were two things that were always consistent - there was always the haki leaking out of the swords and there were smoke around the swords.

Both of which were not present in that panel. I'm not saying that it was a CoC clash for sure, but it could very well be a case where Zoro pulls the sword out of the trick mechanism using his physical strength and then has a basic CoC clash briefly with King. The panel is unclear.
If King had used COC or adCOC it would have been a bigger deal and a stronger clash than what we had.

Either Zoro used his own CoC to push back King (likely).
Or it’s just normal haki effect

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
If King had used COC or adCOC it would have been a big deal and a stronger clash than what we had.

Either Zoro used his own CoC to push back King (likely).
Or it’s just normal haki effect
I'm not saying King used ACoC.

I said there could be a possibility that Zoro freed himself using his physical strength and then had a basic, fodder cleansing CoC clash with King. In every scan Garp posted, you can see the emphasis on the eyes of the two combatants before they clash. You can also see the same happening here.

The panel is pretty unclear.

Yeah, I’m not really seeing any pushing back going on, if anything, the emphasis is on Zoro then being the one to move, since he’s rolling away in the next panel. If it’s all Zoro using some sort of barrier, I’d think the focus would then be on how that effects King.

And the sfx used is one Oda uses for a clash, which implies both characters doing something, not for only one character to be pushing the other away. Also the lightning isn’t all coming from Zoro’s side.

The scene itself- black lightning, big gap between the two characters, sfx- is what a CoC clash would look like… but we just don’t have anyone saying it is.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
I'm not saying King used ACoC.

I said there could be a possibility that Zoro freed himself using his physical strength and then had a basic, fodder cleansing CoC clash with King. In every scan Garp posted, you can see the emphasis on the eyes of the two combatants before they clash. You can also see the same happening here.

The panel is pretty unclear.
It would be really weird if King used CoC here without anyone saying it or notice it.

Especially given the whole movement : Zoro and King sword collided then King tried to grab Zoro swords then They ended up 2 meters apart.
Normal CoC don’t do that, and it was Zoro who wanted to push King back and free his sword : so the movement was his.

I don’t think this show King CoC

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
It would be really weird if King used CoC here without anyone saying it or notice it.

Especially given the whole movement : Zoro and King sword collided then King tried to grab Zoro swords then They ended up 2 meters apart.
Normal CoC don’t do that, and it was Zoro who wanted to push King back and free his sword : so the movement was his.

I don’t think this show King CoC
I don't think this is confirmation either. I only said that the panel is weird.

But the distance reasoning is wrong imo. The clash was when both Zoro and King are mid air, so ofcourse once Zoro frees his sword from the trick mechanism - he is bound to fall. So the distance will be created.

I don’t really know what this page is meant to show, otherwise. The focus seems to be on that the two aren’t touching, we’ve got bits of the lightning and the sfx is one that’s often used for CoC clashes, it‘s slihlty different from the usual “don” sfx.

(Top left for this one, no the first clash).

I think it looks like he did, but it’s strange that there’s absolutely no acknowledgement. Could have had some of the fodder around to get knocked out. But again, if it’s not CoC, I don’t know what’s meant to be happening here.

Might need some secondary sources to confirm, be that Vivre Cards, the anime, SBS, whatever.
It is. The black lightning is even going both ways. I haven't seen a panel of a single character using COC alone with the lightning going both ways

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
It's not atleast not clear enough to make a case for it.

King was trying to snatch all of Zoro's swords. All of this three blades were almost about to be grabbed.

Zoro then blasted CoC (Zoro eyes) which surprised King (Thus the look in his eyes).

This blast was powerful enough to push zoro considerably backward.

The only point which goes against this is that CoC is oozing out from a point which is in between king and zoro and not directly from Zoro.

I reached to the conclusion that it's just a different application of AdCoC which we saw here from Zoro but as there was no comment on it so we don't know what it is