Powers & Abilities Did Vegapunk make Kuma weaker?

We know that vegapunk was the person who was slowly turning kuma into a cyborg but did the process really make him weaker?
Even in marineford when he was "dead" once his memories and personality were taken out it was never stated he lost his power as well. Still able to to use all the same abilities as before and protect the sunny for 2 years

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
You mean currently?

I guess not necessarily, though he might be less general intelligent unless Vegapunk can replicate human intelligence in cyborgs.

Yes, ofc.
First of all, his durability went to a Pacifista lvl (though he magically tanked Ivankov attacks, which obviously was for the sake of portrayal only, "they are equals").
Second, he couldn't use his DF like in his "human form". A programmed robot won't be able to fight as well as an experimented fighter like Kuma.

He only gained "hardness", which is pretty much useless in OP world in normal situations.

Yes, possibly. Since making him a full cyborg means he can no longer use haki.

Considering he gained the title "Tyrant", which is given to a ruler, he might've had the chances to awaken COC as well.

Based on his hype I would think anything given to you by Vegapunk should be an improvement. Who’s to even say Kuma had haki to begin w, does having haki just instantly make you better than being a cyborg? I couldn’t tell you but science is a very underrated power in this series, I’m gonna bet on Kuma being improved.

I think Vegapunk probably wished to control Kuma after his strange movements so he removed his brain turning him weaker but also supervised.

Hard to say, because Vegapunk is one of the most mysterious characters out there. He's been associated with terrible peoples (the WG, Judge, Caesar, Queen) for a very long time but is considered to be someone really gentle on his native island. And he also allowed Kuma to have a specific mission even after he went full robot which was against the interests of the WG.

I have the feeling that whatever changes he made to Kuma were probably ordered by the WG and he hadn't much choices in them... and he could very possibly have planted some sort of device or fail switch to turn his creations on the WG if needs be.

Or he could be a complete bastard.

I would say yes. Not having his intelligence and more than likely his haki since he doesn’t have a will should surely result in making Kuma weaker.
Yeah I think he is still intelligent but it's a machine kind of intelligence, perhaps some neural network-like system embedded in the cyborg 🤔 so that he can make sense of his surrounding, but his general intelligence seems lacking.

Yeah I think he is still intelligent but it's a machine kind of intelligence, perhaps some neural network-like system embedded in the cyborg 🤔 so that he can make sense of his surrounding, but his general intelligence seems lacking.
Yeah, but nothing like a human intelligence right? I can’t think of Kuma being able of using the most of his abilities against various fighters depending on their fighting style, powers, DF abilities and how he can counter them using his own. It’s too much for a machine especially one made two years ago and now a slave.