General & Others Did Zoro have a training wheel for Enma?

M

MD Zolo

Huh?

Are you asking what Wado actually does to help Zoro use Enma?

Well it does nothing.

Zoro is the one who does it. Zoro is the one who got familiar with a sword that was similar to Enma. So Wado Ichimonji is not DOING anything. It's just a sword that happened to be quite similar to another sword.

I don't know if I've answered your question. To be honest I have no idea what you were asking.
I got the answer I knew you would give.

Now, tell me then, did Oda waste 60 chapters of build up for that useless info? Or is there something more to the buildup?

Because you were adamant on the SBS thread that Sunachi and others were buildup for the swords and not anything related to Zoro.

The main reason Zoro was able to tame Enma so fast was, he’s dealt with cursed swords before and he had experience using another sword made by the same sword-smith.

Zoro having strong will and being a top level swordsman was just a bonus so it helped.
But doesn't "dealing with cursed swords" itself make you strong?

Remember Tenguyama literally says this to Zoro "Enma much like a cursed sword cannot used by the weak"

So it seems more like When Zoro starts using these swords he's weak and the swords remain too difficult to use. Then Zoro trains himself until he can get the swords under control. Then Zoro is stronger from training.

This is basically what happened with Wado Ichimonji right? Zoro spent 10 years with that sword and only managed to actually master the sword in Alabasta.

zoro has always mastered his swords fast
I don't think so. He had Wado Ichimonji for 10 yeas and never mastered it. And he didn't master Shusui until some time during the two year time skip.

Of course as Zoro gets stronger he master's swords faster such Enma will be mastered before the arc ends but this wasn't always how he was. You can't be weak and tame high level swords easily

I got the answer I knew you would give.

Now, tell me then, did Oda waste 60 chapters of build up for that useless info? Or is there something more to the buildup?

Because you were adamant on the SBS thread that Sunachi and others were buildup for the swords and not anything related to Zoro.
Oh. But Zoro's swords ARE RELATED TO ZORO.

Like the primary drive Zoro has had for the last sixty chapters was just his swords.

It's not useless info. It's very useful info because it's about things ZORO CARES ABOUT.

Unfortunately Zoro doesnt care about family drama so that right there is useless information and that's why Oda won't waste our time with that

M

MD Zolo

Oh. But Zoro's swords ARE RELATED TO ZORO.

Like the primary drive Zoro has had for the last sixty chapters was just his swords.

It's not useless info. It's very useful info becasude it's about things ZORO CARES ABOUT.

Unfortunately Zoro doesnt care about family drama so that right there is useless information and that's why Oda won't waste our time with that
According to you, the buildup was for Tenguyama to deliver the information that Zoro is easily able to handle Enma because he is already using another sword made by the same blacksmith.

But we agree that the information is not correct.

So, why do you think Oda would go all the way to deliver some unimportant info? Then it means:
  1. The info is not false and Wado really does act as an training wheel for Enma (which I disagree with)
  2. Or that the build up is for something else.

But we agree that the information is not correct.
I don't disagree with the information

Tenguyama isn't lying.

Let's get the exact wording

He's talking about Zoro handling Enma easily because he has experience with a similar sword.

As in Zoro has ALREADY GOTTEN THE EXPERIENCE FROM WADO ICHIMONJI.

Like the moment Zoro mastered Wado Ichimonji after 10 years of using it in Alabasta, Zoro had gained the experience of mastering a sword similar to Enma.

When I replied initially talking about Kin'emon I said it's hard for you to conflate Zoro and Kin'emon since its possible Kin'emon required 20 years instead of Zoro's 10 years to reach the level Zoro was at in Alabasta with Wado Ichimonji.

Then I said "Wado Ichimonji does nothing. It's Zoro who does things".. As in Zoro right now has the experience from mastering Wado 2 years ago. He doesn't lose the experience when Wado Ichimonji is taken away from him so Wado Ichimonji is not doing anything. It just happened to be similar to Enma.

M

MD Zolo

@MD Zolo This question is a little side tracked of the current subject at hand but related to Enma. Like Tenguyama mentioned Do you believe part of the reason Hiyori gave Zoro Enma because she recognized the Wado?
No. Wado left Wano long before Hiyori was born, so it is unlikely that she would know it (other than from a book).

And I don't think Hiyori is that smart to be able to recognize Wado from a page of a book and then put 2 and 2 together that Enma would be befitting for Zoro.

I don't think so. He had Wado Ichimonji for 10 yeas and never mastered it. And he didn't master Shusui until some time during the two year time skip.

Of course as Zoro gets stronger he master's swords faster such Enma will be mastered before the arc ends but this wasn't always how he was. You can't be weak and tame high level swords easily
I dont think in Alabasta was where Zoro mastered Wado (as in getting used to the actual sword itself) he mastered wado while training at the dojo at some point. He was relying on strength and power to cut things down and then during the battle with Mr 1, he understood the breath of all things for his swords and was able to cut steel thus it took all that time for him to improve as a swordsman and then trained afterwards to be able to work on awakening that ability down the line at will

How

How didn't he master wado? Sandai he mastered days, yabashiri he mastered days, and shushi he mastered before he got to SA. Not to mention he's picked up random swords and used them expertly right away. Zoro's always mastered sword quickly enma will be no different.

How

How didn't he master wado? Sandai he mastered days, yabashiri he mastered days, and shushi he mastered before he got to SA. Not to mention he's picked up random swords and used them expertly right away. Zoro's always mastered sword quickly enma will be no different.
His mini interaction with Sanji the day before the war show me at that point he mastered enma IMO, when he called it out before slashing another part of the cliff

His mini interaction with Sanji the day before the war show me at that point he mastered enma IMO, when he called it out before slashing another part of the cliff
I mean he was cutting paper and training with momo without enma affecting him at all. By the time zoro fights who ever he's gonna fight enma will be mostly if not fully mastered. Zoro's never struggled to master a sword.

But doesn't "dealing with cursed swords" itself make you strong?

Remember Tenguyama literally says this to Zoro "Enma much like a cursed sword cannot used by the weak"

So it seems more like When Zoro starts using these swords he's weak and the swords remain too difficult to use. Then Zoro trains himself until he can get the swords under control. Then Zoro is stronger from training.

This is basically what happened with Wado Ichimonji right? Zoro spent 10 years with that sword and only managed to actually master the sword in Alabasta.
No Zoro being able to use the swords are what shows he’s a top level swordsman. But him being a top level swordsman wasn’t the reason he tamed Enma so fast.

As said by someone else:

-Zoro being able to tame Enma is thanks of his haki’s mastery.
-Zoro being able to master Enma this fast is thanks of his strength and the fact that he used Wado Ichimonji.

So no, even if Kinemon was weilding the Wado for 10 years he would not be able to master Enma because he would not be able to tame it in the first place.