Character Discussion Do you agree with the disappointment people have regarding Eustass Kid?

A part of me thinks there would be fewer complaints about Kid if only his attacks looked cooler. It could be the same battle, same situation, but a really badass moveset would probably get a lot of people to like him more, just based on the rule of cool alone. Because at the end of the day, it's not only about what feats a character accomplishes, but how they accomplish them.
Yh. Assign was decent and many of us tried to add complexity to his power by stating that the metal itself wasn't what hurt big mom but rather the magnetic field surrounding the metal that hurt her -being metal the channel he can use to control this magnetic field. However this chapter feels like we were proved wrong... I didn't even know what the attack was, it looked messy, I only knew it was a bull because afterwards the ramdo said because if not... Hopefully he gets some cool feats, I want my boy Monkey D Theories to be happy

I'm going to be honest, Oda deadass ruined Kid by portraying haki as the most integral skill in one piece and by portraying internal damage as essential to hurt the yonko, and then just not giving Kid any form of advanced haki or internal damage.

Yes, I get what Oda was going for. That Kid's attacks are just so powerful that they hurt the emperors, but its portrayed so fucking poorly that it turned Kid into a laughing stock within the community over the past year. I tried to defend this shit but I just can't.

On the rooftop:
  • Luffy had internal destruction CoA
  • Zoro had enma
  • Law used internal destruction via the ope ope no mi
  • Killer used internal destruction via his scythes
  • The scabbards all had ACoA
Kid had fucking nothing. Oda can't just portray blunt attacks as useless against the emperors, portray haki as essential against the emperors, and then have kid use attacks that are seemingly hakiless blunt attacks. How are we supposed to be satisfied with kid slamming kaido or big mom when we were shown over and over that these attacks don't work?
Why was it such a common opinion that Kid had the worst rooftop portrayal? Why were people more impressed by Killer than by Kid on the rooftop? Because Oda fucking dropped the ball.
He didn't want to give Kid even scabbard tier ACoA because it would take away from how special zoro and luffy should have been(despite them getting ACoC, which is a level above ACoA).

I remember before the rooftop having so many theories on how Kid could hurt kaido. Maybe he would use induction to hurt them via powerful electrical currents. Maybe he would manipulate the iron in their blood or create magnetic fields so strong that it did internal damage.

And I legitimately cannot understand why Oda's answer was less creative and more pathetic than the theories.
Post automatically merged:

It can't just be because of powerlevels, because Oda gave characters that are far weaker than Kid, like kinemon and killer, good portrayal against the emperors.

Imo it is because Oda was simply being lazy. He wanted to make it to where Kid's attacks were so strong they could bypass an emperor's defense with strength alone, but didn't even put in the tiniest bit of effort to portray kid's attack strength being this strong(which he could have EASILY done by having him, say, ragdoll a calamity like G4 luffy can). So to a lot of fans, it looks like Kid's attacks are basically useless.

Honestly, it would have cost Oda literally nothing to give Kid scabbard tier ACoA and have him make Kaido bleed. If Oda did just that much, Kid wouldn't be memed nearly as much

but Oda is a lazy hack, so what more can I really expect

"Even water droplets can carve stone, given enough time." Even Kidd believes his attacks are unimpressive by themselves, akin to water droplets. With enough time and repetition Big Mom has started to feel them though. So yes she is being affected, but no it's not even close to what Law is doing to her, that wouldn't even make any sense given Law is destroying her from the inside ignoring her strongest stat (durability) altogether.

0 damage is an exaggeration, but against a fresh Big Mom it's not all that far off. That same attack would be inconsequential by itself.
Kid did half damage of all the damage Big Mom is taking.

1. He didn't blitz. She took damage from law, and got up still damaged and then she stood still taking kidds attacks

2. You might want to wait until next chapterr before saying he over power her lol. And even if he did franky already did the same on his bike lol.

3. His awakening is assigning metal to her. He that and it failed so now as usual he is only assigning metal to himself. His awakening isnt great honestly

Stop the bullshit. It's flat out common sense " exterior attacks will work more affectively is your damage that same person internally" since they at that moment won't be able to put up that strong of a exterior defense.

This is why all the hits we see kidd get on bigmom is AFTER law damages her internally lol
Sorry, I don't feed you. block

and anyone who has a shitty opinion about Kid not harming Big Mom, don't quote me.

Last edited: