Do You Guys Think People Here Have Anger Problems?

I would say yeah. Tons of people argue angrily without much reason to really be angry.
Anonymity, or relative anonymity can bring the worst out of people because it's much harder to be held accountable, and people interact with others who they never would go anywhere near in real life for a whole host of reasons whether it's general dislike, cultural incompatibilities or incompatibilities in politics/religion etc. Whether it's anger, toxicity or just being generally unpleasant. I have to admit I very much used to be like this myself, took some time away, worked on myself and reflected on this. I like to think I'm far less toxic than I used to be but I can absolutely see how people become and behave the way they do on here.

You should never be surprised if people are assholes online - it's a pervasive issue and not just on WorstGen and it's very easy to get annoyed with the sheer amount of trolling and the amount of people who are generally unpleasant themselves. It is what it is, only way to improve it is stronger enforcement of better rules by those that can.

Addendum:
Worst part is there's some that genuinely think their opinion defines an innate superiority over somebody else when discussing things. Not naming names but there's a user here who frequently says that anyone that holds a specific opinion is a failure in life (yeah, ridiculous right?). Imagine saying this in a real life conversation. You just wouldn't. Not least because you'd probably get throttled by someone else for being a dick (something else you don't have to worry about online).

If you were to have the same discussions in person, the majority of people would be more tactful and respectful. Not everyone of course, some people are generally devoid of human interaction and don't know how to behave (and I have a good idea of which users those are), but most people in real life would just respectfully disagree. On here, they don't have to.

Last edited:
Anonymity, or relative anonymity can bring the worst out of people because it's much harder to be held accountable, and people interact with others who they never would go anywhere near in real life for a whole host of reasons whether it's general dislike, cultural incompatibilities or incompatibilities in politics/religion etc. Whether it's anger, toxicity or just being generally unpleasant. I have to admit I very much used to be like this myself, took some time away, worked on myself and reflected on this. I like to think I'm far less toxic than I used to be but I can absolutely see how people become and behave the way they do on here.

You should never be surprised if people are assholes online - it's a pervasive issue and not just on WorstGen and it's very easy to get annoyed with the sheer amount of trolling and the amount of people who are generally unpleasant themselves. It is what it is, only way to improve it is stronger enforcement of better rules by those that can.
^^

Anonymity, or relative anonymity can bring the worst out of people because it's much harder to be held accountable, and people interact with others who they never would go anywhere near in real life for a whole host of reasons whether it's general dislike, cultural incompatibilities or incompatibilities in politics/religion etc. Whether it's anger, toxicity or just being generally unpleasant. I have to admit I very much used to be like this myself, took some time away, worked on myself and reflected on this. I like to think I'm far less toxic than I used to be but I can absolutely see how people become and behave the way they do on here. You should never be surprised if people are assholes online - it's a pervasive issue and not just on WorstGen and it's very easy to get annoyed with the sheer amount of trolling and the amount of people who are generally unpleasant themselves. It is what it is, only way to improve it is stronger enforcement of better rules by those that can.
What my guy is trying to say is
stfu kid
gtfo

I do not know where you guys usually spend your time on the fandom internet. This forum is one of the most non-toxic places in the fandom.
Depends on the thread and the discussion
Previous nakama thread had some memetic shit throwing
Any Sanji vs Zoro thread is eventually filled with unconstructive "you clown" "no you"
But overall WG isn't that bad, otherwise I wouldn't hang out here

I would say yeah. Tons of people argue angrily without much reason to really be angry.
This forum could be a cool place but the reality is that it is an echo chamber of hatred and toxicity.

The reasons behind this problem is structural.

If instead of pushing and rewarding people to create hate against the material and other poster, positivity was rewarded, then we would be able to transform toxicity into creativity. People would be less frustrated and constructive threads would flourish.

The anger here is just a symptom of our unwillingness to fight this phenomenon