Speculations Do you have hope for the future of one piece?

My hope used to be the size of an ocean. Now it's the size of a puddle. I still think that a few moments in the future will allow me to feel joy. But it will be much worse than what I fantasized about a few years ago.
Post automatically merged:

I am a One Piece fan, Luffy is just the avatar I chose, but I enjoy each crew members the same. It is not one member that makes this series, the whole crew brings their own element to make this series enjoyable.

Now, I did not say to delete your post, just changed the title to what you really want to know about, Usopp. Title makes it seem like One Piece is heading for failure when the manga is at it's peak and about to conclude in the very near future; that is kind of confusing.

And I did not mean any of my posts to be in offense to you, so take it easy.
What are you talking about? Anyone who likes strawhats couldn't say that. They literally mean nothing. Oda turned them into decorations and just humiliates them.

One Piece is like an abusive relationship. You realize that it would be wiser to leave and live the remaining years happily, but you stay because you feel sorry for the years you spent. The logic of a traumatized person, lol. "Have I suffered for nothing all this time? I will suffer as much more."

He also lost mine, but I have a tiny amount of hope for the story and Usopp that won't go away
In fact, Usopp has a much better chance of great moments in the future than half the crew. I won't elaborate. This is the type of character that is most revealed in the finale.

Last edited:
Series is ass imo, we focus on one character or some plot element and move to a different one over and over again. Last time we focused on one plot element without jumping around was Kumas 9 chapter flashback, plus the treatment of a lot of the straw hats is absolutely despicable. You guys may be cool with Oda abandoning the main cast for Nika wanking but I'm definitely not
Well, it's a subjective thing so I understand. I agree that most of the straw hats have been somewhat neglected pts, but that doesn't mean it's ass IMO. I do have hope that Elbaf will be a straw hat centric arc, but we'll have to wait and see.

If one piece is at its peak why did it lose its number one spot in 2019 and never regained it since, it's been 5 years, end game, gorosei are here, etc
sales have been very strong regardless. You might be disappointed, but saying that only "nostalgia" is carrying sales is just not true. People are still invested in the plot and the fandom has grown considerably outside of Japan in the last 5 years. Internationally, One Piece has never been bigger.

Well, it's a subjective thing so I understand. I agree that most of the straw hats have been somewhat neglected pts, but that doesn't mean it's ass IMO. I do have hope that Elbaf will be a straw hat centric arc, but we'll have to wait and see.

sales have been very strong regardless. You might be disappointed, but saying that only "nostalgia" is carrying sales is just not true. People are still invested in the plot and the fandom has grown considerably outside of Japan in the last 5 years. Internationally, One Piece has never been bigger.
Fair

One where Usopp gets something good
Elbaf will feed families

If one piece is at its peak why did it lose its number one spot in 2019 and never regained it since, it's been 5 years, end game, gorosei are here, etc
Because it sells less volumes if you look at the best selling volumes every year OP is #1. On average OP volumes sell the most but only 2 or 3 come out compared to 4 or 5 from other series.

The story is great but i think all these breaks and the lack of spoilers leaking is damaging the manga in its "online" life. Media nowadays rely very much on social media hype,trending on X etc. and though One Piece sometimes trends it too,it does it less often than JJK or MHA. Why so? Well,because chapters barely comes out anymore,with many many breaks,and also,spoilers now gets leaked only a few hours before the chapter comes out so,there is not even time to discuss,its all quick: spoilers,chapters and discussion in a little more than 24 hours,then it starts the wait for the next chapter..2 weeks later! So this is penalizing One Piece's popularity imho.