Controversial Do you have social media ?

Do you have social ?

• Total voters
Do you have/use social ?
I participated in the earliest iterations of social media. Even before mySpace. mostly local stuff in my area.
I figured out very early on that it was not for me. It was 95% fakeness. People posting pictures of how much "fun" they had at a party and how many people they "knew" etc. I was at the same parties. I knew those people. And I also knew that the party sucked, the people were shitface drunk and half of them hardly knew where they were and that the other guys in the pictures were not really friends, but some guys they barely knew or interacted with.
Its not that I did not do the same stuff back then. I did. I just noticed how fake and pointless it all was.
So I slowly backed off from this and never gotten back on.
How many hours do you spend daily ?
Depends on how you define social media.
I do use yt sometimes or twitter. Mostly for news or (honest) reviews. Maybe 1h a day, if even that.
Did they affect your life for better or worse?
When I used it regularly it definitely affected it for the worse. Now? idk really. As long as you do it in moderation it has potential to be good I guess.
Twitter is cool because you are not dependant on biased news outlets and can get information directly from other people. Regular guys become journalists so to say. I very much prefer that over news sources that only do corporations or governments bidding.
yt is hit and miss. If you manage to find a good channel then it can be great. Most of it is a clickbait cesspool.

In general I would say that social media is a mind rotting desaster. It shows people a very skewed reality and is highly addictive. It amplyfies extremely harmful worldviews by promoting what sounds good instead of what is actually good.
A post that says "You are on your own. No one loves you just for existing. No one will save you. You need to put in effort yourself." is never going to get the same traction or positive feedback loop than "We all deserve a piece of the cake no matter what!". Its why so many young people are hooked up to the communist pipedream these days. The ideas sound good online.

To be honest, it should be banned entirely for the sake of humanity. I am not even kidding here. Its THIS bad.