Character Discussion Do you really like Shanks and why

I don't like him BUT I think him being a snitch could be one of the greatest twists/plots in one piece.

Tbh the part of me that is a slut for good writing:
likes what shanks could be

The part of me that likes feats and panel time etc: dislikes shanks as a an apparent "top tier"

the part of me that thinks oda is a fucking hack: assumes oda is going to destroy the idea that shanks is worth jack shit

One of the reasons i like him so much is his role in the narrative. Being Luffy's spark of inspiration, his absurdly peaceful (or passive? A long-term strategy? A hidden enigmatic purpose?) stance for an Emperor which raise up questions, his relationship to Sengoku (Marines), even him having political position alongside (or against?) Gorosei themselves, and of course his cold enmity with Blackbeard which may get finality in upcoming future.

As if it's not enough, Shanks also has extreme individual power moments. Shanks is the very first man who showed us The Conqueror's Walk in Moby Dick. Then, the first Skysplitter Dance together with WSM. The next moment, he preached while showing Akainu being affected by his basic Conqueror Blast, an utterly impossible situation that Oda portrayed in SBS as the reflection of strength difference. He is also stated by WSC himself as the only person left in the world capable of matching him.

But even his power moments are not complete without the small nuances about him, which is his expression. Shanks is always very expressive. His face is always clear, whether he becomes idiotically unaware or surprised, clumsy, in the mood for party, getting annoyed by a challenger, and it's also clear...whenever he's getting all enigmatic in his preparation, planning and manuvers.

I started to dislike when Oda started to madly wank him, he's treating like shanks is the ultrachad of OP

I wish Kidd could be able to give him a beating :josad:

The Walking Muscle, Plot-armor and Boobs Trio
I like the version of Shanks we got before he got the Yonkou reveal. He was a really fun mentor dude. Kinda like Urahara from Bleach.

Now, he is just annoying.

hes boring to me, just a peacekeeper that wants to stop everyone from fighting, that doesnt interest me at all. Mr nice guy that oda wants everyone to love