Questions & Mysteries Does any shonen manga have WORSE worldbuilding than One Piece?

Oda copied JJK and Mob Psycho. And yet those mangas revealed it in chapter fucking 1 whereas One Piece revealed it 1000+ chapters lmao and with One Piece that explanation doesn't make a lick of sense. When have we ever seen any one piece character wish for powers in the 1000+ chapters.

One piece as a whole in my opinion has the worst world building of any manga i have read. The worldbuilding get exposed more because of the bloatness and the slow pace of one piece. I'd never recommend anyone to read or watch one piece post time skip. Its been 11 years since post time skip started and the story has made as much progress to when luffy beat lucci in enies lobby.

it is lazy, but not necessarily bad, the Jungian power in this case is something that’s being passed on, like a will, which is romantic.
Then you remember that zoan have a will of their own, and the concept goes to shit.
I will, however take a stab at Bleach, and say that One Piece has it beat there. When characters die in Bleach, excluding the novels, who aren’t written by Kubo, it’s like that character exits a show and nobody mentions them again.
Like really, Barragan, the guy who ruled HM for a long time only gets a passing mention by Nel, nothing by Grimmjow, who basically wanted his title, or Yhwach, head of the quincies who hate hollows and raided the place.

Last edited:
Haki is the Manifestation of Will.... Never had a problem with that explanation , did ya? :seriously:

Desire and will go hand in hand. Desire is something you want but don't have, while will is the determination to go after it.

There honestly couldn't have been a more perfectly suited explanation for Devil Fruits, as it literally ties into why Haki is effective against it.

What would your big brained idea of what Devil Fruits are, would have been? A magical tree, that shits out devil fruits that for some reason turns people into jackets, and wash humans, and 100 other things that wouldn't make any god damn sense to have come from a natural source?

dude what did oda do to your family? holy shit
He ruin my favorite manga and he didn't even care about it
All he care just about money and marketing
He hyped me and then he lied and you know what the worst part is? the blind fans is still cheering for him like nothing ever happened

Look oda is a mess
He need someone to replace him
Or otherwise One piece will fallin more

Last edited:
He ruin my favorite manga and he didn't even care about it
All he care just about money and marketing
He hyped me and then he lied and you know what the worst part is? the blind fans is still cheering for him like nothing ever happened

Look oda is a mess
He need someone to replace him
Or otherwise One piece will fallin more
The only one who is ruining your manga right now, is you.