Questions & Mysteries Does the end of One Piece look closer now?

ending closer...

• yes

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
S

stealthblack

Pre ts it was hard to see it since they were far from the top, even early post ts before cake island. But with luffy becoming 5th yonkou, getting 1,5 b Bounty, beating veteran top commanders like katakuri and cracker, fighting strongest pirate kaidou and learning the bounties of yonkous and gold roger the ending looks closer now.

Imu = God = 1
Zoro & Ryuuma = Sword Gods = 2
Roger & Luffy & Whitebeard = PKs = 3
Yonko = 4

the higher you get, the lower the number

M

MD Zolo

Imu = God = 1
Zoro & Ryuuma = Sword Gods = 2
Roger & Luffy & Whitebeard = PKs = 3
Yonko = 4

the higher you get, the lower the number
I am an avid Zoro fan, but I don't agree with this. If such an hierarchy is to exist, it should be:

Imu = 1
Roger, Blackbeard and Luffy = 3
Zoro, Ryuuma and Mihawk = 3
Yonkou = 4

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
We’re definitely (finally?) hurtling towards a climax and denouement much faster than we have for the last two decades. I’d say Reverie, with the introduction of Imu and everything else that happened, was probably the inflection point, and now things are really heating up in Wano...

Oda has always been a man of extremes when it comes to pacing - several action- or info- packed chapters followed by a slower burn for any given arc’s non-fighting scenes - but the last year or so has felt different, like the bigger chapters were building to something with further reaching consequences than even, say, the Post Enies Lobby arc. That set up the entire New World, but now, it’s clearly setting up the Final War, Raftel, etc.

It’s bittersweet to think that this long, fascinating epic of a tale might actually be inching towards its end, but at least it looks like we’ll get the satisfying ending we all want/deserve. Whatever happens in Wano with the Yonko alliance will invariably lead to resolution for a lot of long running plot points, clearing the way for others (Blackbeard, WG, Celestial Dragons) to finally take center stage after years mostly spent on the periphery. Seeing as the aforementioned hold most of the secrets that have been teased throughout the series, I can’t imagine we’ll spend much more time seeing arcs/events/characters not related to the central ethos.

I think One Piece will end for the 30th anniversary of the manga. 2027.

IMO Wano will be finished in 2021 (very beginning 2022 max). Then I see 1 or 2 years (max) before they heading towards Raftel. And then we conclude everything with the discovery of the One Piece+ BB battle (if there are no surprise. It would be surprising if Shanks is in fact the true enemy) + the final war against the WG (and captain Rocks ?).

G

Gran D. Master

I think One Piece will end for the 30th anniversary of the manga. 2027.

IMO Wano will be finished in 2021 (very beginning 2022 max). Then I see 1 or 2 years (max) before they heading towards Raftel. And then we conclude everything with the discovery of the One Piece+ BB battle (if there are no surprise. It would be surprising if Shanks is in fact the true enemy) + the final war against the WG (and captain Rocks ?).
No I hope Oda doesn't try to end OP on a certain number because that would affect the pacing and overall story. If it ends before 30 years that's absolutely fine as long as Oda shows everything he needed to show

It's kind of getting there, but there's still a lot of mysteries and stuff to get to. Heck, we still don't know what Vegapunk looks like. I also expect the remaining major arcs to be quite long. So we probably got a good 6+ years left if I had to guess.

It's kind of getting there, but there's still a lot of mysteries and stuff to get to. Heck, we still don't know what Vegapunk looks like. I also expect the remaining major arcs to be quite long. So we probably got a good 6+ years left if I had to guess.
If they are as long as WCI push it up to 10... WCI was around two years alone, this one is going in the same direction or even longer, and I suspect that there should be around 5 or 6 arcs more. Tho I will said the feeling of an endless adventure that I felt back on the first half of the New World is completely lost. The end is each time more clear

I

Inspector_Mu

There is only BB and Navy left
If BM doesnt fall here... then Lufy might fight BM next arc quickly in a mini elbaf/god valley arc.

This war in wano will be the greatest war ever ...