General & Others Does Wano have the worst arc ending in One Piece?

Is this the worst ending to an arc in One Piece?

• Total voters
Tbh, out of all the bs at the end of Wano this was the least problematic.

It was just an obvious pun that triggered some sensitive people in the Western World.

The inconsistencies, useless "promotion moments" (looking at you Shanks and Greenbull), abandoned plot points (where do I even begin) and totally rushed conclusion were much more problematic.
The Red plug was funny, but I don't think it was poorly executed. Really it's the kind of marketing savvy his peers wish they had.

Greenbull, I'm not sure if there was more sense to him than shoving a shoe up the asses of those who expected Yamato to join. It showed off a likable character with interesting powers, but it also put a spotlight not only on the weakness of the country (Wano is Wano because they assume it's strong) but also on the WTF nature of the conclusion. Where tf are the tobbi roppo, the headliners, Jack, etc? What's the fucking deal with Udon and all of its accessories? The further attack on the country, Zunisha, Pluton, and the borders opening up can be a future plot but it makes it hard to believe the series won't end the same way Wano did, with a bunch of shit just jammed in and half shown. "Maybe it'll matter someday" is the biggest problem with Oda.

And that's not even talking about the bullshit of Momo burning him, which is half of the Kozuki pair's problem. He's a shitty character who entirely stands in for the same tropes that ruin shonen at best and undoes the point about people like Chalross at worst. He spends all of his time being a clueless little booger... only eight years old and hasn't spent all of his life in Wano, gone for twenty years, and blindly served with the minimum of personal merit. His sister is probably worse because she had one fucking job, and no, I don't mean laying on her back. Her inclusion in the final battle was inexplicable and built around the fact that despite there being an Ame sword, thr Kozuki didn't inherit any ability to actually handle the fight personally. Saved by a vassal from a guy who couldn't even fight, that was the culmination of those twenty years.

And yeah, "who you were born as means you lose" is a little triggering for a protagonist speech 🙃 Literally the entire plot of Wano began with them doing this bullshit.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I’m going to say everything here. I will die on this hill If I have to.

Oda got too impatient and wanted to end the insufferably long arc and introduced a million plot holes and too much focus on the frickin’ Scabbards which I stopped caring about after awhile. If anything it told me that Oda absolutely cannot kill off an important character unless he feels he absolutely needs to. Don’t tell me Kin’emon and Kiku should’ve lived after the blows they took. :parkcry:

Yamato’s character served almost no purpose in the story that if you were to get rid of every panel she was in, I bet the story would‘ve been mostly unaffected.

What was she, a fan service character? What was the point of her existing if she wasn’t going to join the Straw Hats? She hinted towards it several times, knew Ace (What?!) and supposedly had this “dream” to explore the sea like a certain other popular character that got a terrible ending (Consider it a death. They both might as well be dead anyway.)

Her Oden obsession made me lost interest in her completely! She didn’t get any character development whatsoever and she proved this in her last panel when the Straw Hats set sail. Nobody cares if you’re “Oden”, okay?!

What an insult to his character to be impersonated this way. Maybe she should‘ve been boiled like Oden and see how she likes it? I bet she wouldn’t want to be Oden then, or maybe she’d enjoy it because she’d be EXPERIENCING IT FIRSTHAND?!

I’m getting heated here, but that’s just how much I DISLIKE her character. No character should be on the side of good and be this bad. Somehow Kaido seems a bit more likable?! KAIDO. Atleast he was entertaining! :lawsigh:

And what was the point of introducing Greenbull, anyway? He was written off as a coward from what I can tell after coincidentally bumping into Shanks who just happened to be at Wano at exactly the right time.

Was this just a tie-in for the movie? Why?! This didn’t NEED to happen the way it did! I would rather wait until Shanks has an appropriate reason to be shown then thrown into Wano out of nowhere just because it was convenient.

And Hiyori was… what was she even? That chapter where she said the Kurozumi were born to burn did not sit well with me. Isn’t Otama apparently a Kurozumi?! Her parent’s graves apparently have that name, so I don’t see why this wouldn’t be true.

Oda could’ve handled that speech differently, but now we’re continuing the cycle of hate just like Oden totally wanted. :kaidowhat:

Good job, Hiyori! :emohiyo::sweat:

I was hoping Oda would polish the story a bit afterward and introduce some flashbacks for Ryuma’s Grave and a proper Carrot farewell, but seeing as how we’re 4 chapters (THAT’S ALL?!:luchosop:) into the new arc it seems clear to me that the focus will be on Law vs. Blackbeard and Egghead Island. I get that Oda was excited to get into the Final Saga, but perhaps a month or two would’ve been enough to come up with a better ending than the one we got? That was just disappointing to read.

And now we’re getting even more mysteries revealed in the latest chapter. Ancient robots? You’re supposed to be revealing the world’s mysteries, NOT CREATING MORE OF THEM!!!

Hopefully this won’t be an issue. Oda doesn’t always keep things a secret, so we might be fine… for now. :kidsmile:

I’m hoping this arc will be better than the dumpster fire ending we just got through. Perhaps Oda learned a lesson to not drag things out for too long because 4 years was absurd for an arc that didn’t seem to have any great effect outside of Wano. Luffy’s Yonko status had like, no real reactions?? Even Buggy got more during Marineford and we don’t even need to talk about that. :josad:

TL;DR - WANO‘S ENDING WAS BAD, THERE WERE TOO MANY PLOT HOLES AND THE ARC WAS TOO LONG

GREENBULL HAD NO REASON TO BE AT WANO AND NEITHER DID SHANKS

YAMATO SUCKS AS A CHARACTER AND CARROT DIED A TERRIBLE DEATH

THE KUROZUMI WERE BORN TO BURN?! WHY ODA, WHY

I DON’T WANT TO DIE OF OLD AGE BEFORE ONE PIECE ENDS

Thanks for coming to my rant TED Talk. :cheers:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I’m going to say everything here. I will die on this hill If I have to.

Oda got too impatient and wanted to end the insufferably long arc and introduced a million plot holes and too much focus on the frickin’ Scabbards which I stopped caring about after awhile. If anything it told me that Oda absolutely cannot kill off an important character unless he feels he absolutely needs to. Don’t tell me Kin’emon and Kiku should’ve lived after the blows they took. :parkcry:

Yamato’s character served almost no purpose in the story that if you were to get rid of every panel she was in, I bet the story would‘ve been mostly unaffected.

What was she, a fan service character? What was the point of her existing if she wasn’t going to join the Straw Hats? She hinted towards it several times, knew Ace (What?!) and supposedly had this “dream” to explore the sea like a certain other popular character that got a terrible ending (Consider it a death. They both might as well be dead anyway.)

Her Oden obsession made me lost interest in her completely! She didn’t get any character development whatsoever and she proved this in her last panel when the Straw Hats set sail. Nobody cares if you’re “Oden”, okay?!

What an insult to his character to be impersonated this way. Maybe she should‘ve been boiled like Oden and see how she likes it? I bet she wouldn’t want to be Oden then, or maybe she’d enjoy it because she’d be EXPERIENCING IT FIRSTHAND?!

I’m getting heated here, but that’s just how much I DISLIKE her character. No character should be on the side of good and be this bad. Somehow Kaido seems a bit more likable?! KAIDO. Atleast he was entertaining! :lawsigh:

And what was the point of introducing Greenbull, anyway? He was written off as a coward from what I can tell after coincidentally bumping into Shanks who just happened to be at Wano at exactly the right time.

Was this just a tie-in for the movie? Why?! This didn’t NEED to happen the way it did! I would rather wait until Shanks has an appropriate reason to be shown then thrown into Wano out of nowhere just because it was convenient.

And Hiyori was… what was she even? That chapter where she said the Kurozumi were born to burn did not sit well with me. Isn’t Otama apparently a Kurozumi?! Her parent’s graves apparently have that name, so I don’t see why this wouldn’t be true.

Oda could’ve handled that speech differently, but now we’re continuing the cycle of hate just like Oden totally wanted. :kaidowhat:

Good job, Hiyori! :emohiyo::sweat:

I was hoping Oda would polish the story a bit afterward and introduce some flashbacks for Ryuma’s Grave and a proper Carrot farewell, but seeing as how we’re 4 chapters (THAT’S ALL?!:luchosop:) into the new arc it seems clear to me that the focus will be on Law vs. Blackbeard and Egghead Island. I get that Oda was excited to get into the Final Saga, but perhaps a month or two would’ve been enough to come up with a better ending than the one we got? That was just disappointing to read.

And now we’re getting even more mysteries revealed in the latest chapter. Ancient robots? You’re supposed to be revealing the world’s mysteries, NOT CREATING MORE OF THEM!!!

Hopefully this won’t be an issue. Oda doesn’t always keep things a secret, so we might be fine… for now. :kidsmile:

I’m hoping this arc will be better than the dumpster fire ending we just got through. Perhaps Oda learned a lesson to not drag things out for too long because 4 years was absurd for an arc that didn’t seem to have any great effect outside of Wano. Luffy’s Yonko status had like, no real reactions?? Even Buggy got more during Marineford and we don’t even need to talk about that. :josad:

TL;DR - WANO‘S ENDING WAS BAD, THERE WERE TOO MANY PLOT HOLES AND THE ARC WAS TOO LONG

GREENBULL HAD NO REASON TO BE AT WANO AND NEITHER DID SHANKS

YAMATO SUCKS AS A CHARACTER AND CARROT DIED A TERRIBLE DEATH

THE KUROZUMI WERE BORN TO BURN?! WHY ODA, WHY

I DON’T WANT TO DIE OF OLD AGE BEFORE ONE PIECE ENDS

Thanks for coming to my rant TED Talk. :cheers:
Very true. Can you give me some sloppy btw? :myman:

Totally yes i just didnt like how both yonkos gets killed in lava . I wanted kaido to die in epic way and big mom was meh but wanted her redemption with caramel stuff.

It does feel like oda needed a way to remove both the yonkos and he failed in epic way.

Wano is 6/10 .

Ending??? The Whole Wano Arc was Shitty, even Loda know it. also what happen to the Lurking Legend fool was talking about?
the arc is trash they needed to make baits like editors crying reading some chapters, lurking legends and shit LOL
Lurking legend was rocks that was addressed.
Post automatically merged:

Tbh, out of all the bs at the end of Wano this was the least problematic.

It was just an obvious pun that triggered some sensitive people in the Western World.

The inconsistencies, useless "promotion moments" (looking at you Shanks and Greenbull), abandoned plot points (where do I even begin) and totally rushed conclusion were much more problematic.
I never understood why shanks came to wano ?? Its just dumb moment.

Maybe Wano being so shitty was a blessing in disguise. I find myself not hung up on the narrative anymore. Furries from the moon, ninjas, time travel, robots, cyborgs, mutants, power rangers... okay sure. Shanks is a government tool raised from birth by Roger? Sure okay. The series finale is a fucking clone war with laser cannons? Nice.

At this point Luffy might as well be a clone of Joyboy, for all the chosen one shit we're forced to swallow.

It has one of if not the best ending for an arc in One Piece, Oda really went above and beyond when writing it.

Can hardly imagine any following arcs doing better

Hiyori fanning the flames of hatred

Carrot being talked about as ruler as if according to Pedro’s will, even though Pedro never talked about Carrot being ruler

An admiral being introduced just to be scared off by Shanks

Yamato’s interest in defending Wano not being made known earlier

Momo’s constant crybaby temper tantrums emphasized in light of wanting to be a strong shogun

Shimotsuki heritage not being explored even though Zoro was compared to Ryuma and said he’d visit Ryuma’s grave

Kaido’s emotionless backstory

Not much for me to like about this ending.

Last edited: