Theory Dragon, Sakazuki and Borsalino were friends/acquaintances during their youth.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Pretty simple theory, but we know from Volume 1000 /Volume Z that Borsalino and Sakazuki joined the marines at the same time. (This information is non-canon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case in the manga itself).

Sakazuki seems to be familiar with Dragon, and the two of them are also the exact same age.

It's very likely that Dragon was either an ex marine or some sort of Government agent, and he likely joined around the same time as Borsalino and Sakazuki too. Considering their talent and power, I can see them being "Marine Supernovas" basically and grouping together.

They were probably a trio like Garp, Sengoku and Tsuru. The reason I'm excluding Kuzan is because he's 7 years younger than Dragon/Sakazuki and 9 years younger than Borsalino, I feel like he joined at a much later date.

If this theory is true, I can see one of the reasons Dragon started the Revolutionary Army being that he was horrified by Sakazuki slaughtering people or something, idk.

Also, Borsalino seems to have some sort of connection to Vegapunk, who experimented on Dragon's former right-hand, Kuma.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Pretty simple theory, but we know from Volume 1000 /Volume Z that Borsalino and Sakazuki joined the marines at the same time. (This information is non-canon, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the case in the manga itself).

Sakazuki seems to be familiar with Dragon, and the two of them are also the exact same age.

It's very likely that Dragon was either an ex marine or some sort of Government agent, and he likely joined around the same time as Borsalino and Sakazuki too. Considering their talent and power, I can see them being "Marine Supernovas" basically and grouping together.

They were probably a trio like Garp, Sengoku and Tsuru. The reason I'm excluding Kuzan is because he's 7 years younger than Dragon/Sakazuki and 9 years younger than Borsalino, I feel like he joined at a much later date.

If this theory is true, I can see one of the reasons Dragon started the Revolutionary Army being that he was horrified by Sakazuki slaughtering people or something, idk.

Also, Borsalino seems to have some sort of connection to Vegapunk, who experimented on Dragon's former right-hand, Kuma.
Liking this theory quite a bit, my dear TKOTS…I know the true lineage of the Monkey family has been an odd point of contention in the past, but I’ve always liked the notion that Dragon IS Garp’s biological son and not an in-law, and the latter forced the former to join the Marines and follow in his footsteps, but the son became disillusioned in ways that the father did not until much later, and therefore broke away to start his insurrection…based on what we know about the current fleet admiral, Sakazuki indirectly being the one to show Dragon why revolution is necessary works just as well as anything else I’ve seen :datas:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
If Dragon was a formar Marine, his full name and the fact that he is Garp son wouldnt be a surprise to the marines.
Vergo infiltrated the Marines and rose through the ranks as a double agent for Doflamingo, who said that the former was NOT the only spy he had in that organization; furthermore, SWORD exists but is only known to a handful of people…it’s not only possible that the naval arm of the WG doesn’t know everything going on under their own nose, it’s seemingly more likely than not.

Good theory, I've been thinking something similar for years.
It is canon that Akainu/Kizaru joined the marines 32 years ago aged 23 and 26 respectively while Kuzan joined 30 years ago aged 19

Said in volume 1000 and later reconfirmed in OP magazine

They were all said to be MONSTERS from the get go
What? B-but Leraphoenix said only yonkou are considered to be monsters:suresure:

If Dragon was a formar Marine, his full name and the fact that he is Garp son wouldnt be a surprise to the marines.
I agree with this. However i also like the idea that he was working for the Wg, maybe not as a marine but a cp agent. I mean he is far too calculative for a Monkey D. family as we know that Garp and Luffy are so carefree.
Maybe him being careful in his doing was a result in his training when he was still working under the wg.

B

Ballel

Vergo infiltrated the Marines and rose through the ranks as a double agent for Doflamingo, who said that the former was NOT the only spy he had in that organization; furthermore, SWORD exists but is only known to a handful of people…it’s not only possible that the naval arm of the WG doesn’t know everything going on under their own nose, it’s seemingly more likely than not.
The Marines don't reveal to the low ranking members and there are even things only sengoku knows and didn't tell the admirals.