Break Week Dropped Plot Points

Considering how long and complex One Piece is, it is inevitable that some topics/plot points have been brought up and either dropped completely, or otherwise left dormant for lengthy periods of time. Wano seems especially guilty of this.

One example that made an impression on me was the fate of the users of the failed SMILEs. Enough of Kaido's army had eaten failed SMILEs that they even had a term for them--the Pleasures. Add to this the suffering of the residents of Ebisu town, as well as Killer having to deal with the effects of his SMILE.

Then, Wano ended, and the SMILE situation was not addressed in any way. Even though you had Chopper (whose dream is to be able to cure any disease), Law, and Marco at Wano, not a word was said about anyone trying to cure it--not even a throwaway line. This was especially strange after Punk Hazard, and the focus it had on helping the children held there. It was later addressed briefly by Oda in an SBS, saying that it couldn't be cured, which, again, is strange since it's Chopper's dream to cure anything.

What are some plot points/topics you wish had been resolved that weren't? Also, are there any from the past that you still hope will be addressed in the future?

It seems incredibly obvious that there was a plot point with Weevil and Marco planned that was skipped right over.
True, though this may still be dealt with, if Marco goes to save Weevil. There's the risk of it being offscreened, like so much has been lately.

Nidai Kitetsu.
Zoro visiting Ryuma's Grave.

How Oda ended Zoro's storylines in Wano was criminal.
Absolutely! Wano seemed like it was going to be focused on Zoro, with the samurai, him looking like Ushimaru, his history with Ryuma, Tonoyasu, etc. It was so disappointing that all the setup kind of evaporated once the raid started.

Nami's dream too. Has it been mentioned at all since pre time skip?
A lot of the crew's dreams have been ignored for a while. They might have to be stuffed in at the end, or relegated to the epilogue.

Zoro's Grim Reaper, Yamato's character development, BMP's role in Wano. All of which was pointless.

I think Oda said that he rushed Wano ending for Film Red or something like that.
He didn't need to say it, the fact that a lot of stuff goes ignored and the Shanks chapter timing coincide with Red is obvious proof that he rushed Wano ending.

The most obvious is Yamato stuff, Oda wrote about it during the journey to Egghead (post Wano).

- Why Big Mom forgot to use acoc vs Law/Kid
This made their victory somewhat hollow. I know the fight was supposed to show off their awakenings, but Big Mom had been a power player for decades. It would have been neat to see her use ACoC, and it could have been an opportunity to see Kid use his CoC.

I think Oda said that he rushed Wano ending for Film Red or something like that.
Wano's end was rushed so much because of this, which is strange because it the whole arc went on for so long. I guess pivoting to promotion for Film Red ended up working out for the franchise financially, but the arc that had been hyped up for so long ended with a whimper.

Considering how long and complex One Piece is, it is inevitable that some topics/plot points have been brought up and either dropped completely, or otherwise left dormant for lengthy periods of time. Wano seems especially guilty of this.

One example that made an impression on me was the fate of the users of the failed SMILEs. Enough of Kaido's army had eaten failed SMILEs that they even had a term for them--the Pleasures. Add to this the suffering of the residents of Ebisu town, as well as Killer having to deal with the effects of his SMILE.

Then, Wano ended, and the SMILE situation was not addressed in any way. Even though you had Chopper (whose dream is to be able to cure any disease), Law, and Marco at Wano, not a word was said about anyone trying to cure it--not even a throwaway line. This was especially strange after Punk Hazard, and the focus it had on helping the children held there. It was later addressed briefly by Oda in an SBS, saying that it couldn't be cured, which, again, is strange since it's Chopper's dream to cure anything.

What are some plot points/topics you wish had been resolved that weren't? Also, are there any from the past that you still hope will be addressed in the future?
Only vegapunk can reverse smile effect its npt really important right now.

Choper is nowhere near kureha's level to cure anything .
Post automatically merged:

Nidai Kitetsu.
Zoro visiting Ryuma's Grave.

How Oda ended Zoro's storylines in Wano was criminal.
Zoro visiting ryuma's grave what do you expect zoro to think about him.

Since people have said

I expect Weevil’s plot to continue

What I think was clearly skipped was the stage from where Weevil goes from destroying random villages and hunting Whitebeard Pirates because his mother tells him to becoming the nice guardian of Sphinx Island.

Add that to Marco’s whole “I can’t come to Wano, I’m worried about Weevil, send Luffy this note” turning into ”oh, the note just says I‘ll be late, can throw that away lol” just screams dropped or skipped plotline.

Add that to Marco’s whole “I can’t come to Wano, I’m worried about Weevil, send Luffy this note” turning into ”oh, the note just says I‘ll be late, can throw that away lol” just screams dropped or skipped plotline.
I had forgotten about this. Considering how strangely it was executed, it seemed like it was a sudden change. I wonder what the original plan was. Did Marco take someone else's place in the arc? It would be interesting if Oda releases more of his notes for Wano, so we can see how much was changed/moved around.

Zoro's Grim Reaper, Yamato's character development, BMP's role in Wano. All of which was pointless.

The Grim Reaper doesn't have to be addressed in Wano.. I mean look at Sanji's transformation plotline. Its still going. The Death part could be something that Oda setup to explain something later.