Future Events Enel WILL Return, As An Ally

Will Enel Return?

• Total voters
Yeah but the same was for Crocodile pre-timeskip , if Enel return he most likely to get some buff like Croccoboy
Croco was a NW veteran and on top of that a smart one and his absence of haki can be due to pre ts plot reasons or because he lost his true ambition, while Enel already had CoO & his god complex syndrome due to his logia. Sure he can come back with some CoA but i cant imagine he would be a threat to any top tier.

Croco was a NW veteran and on top of that a smart one and his absence of haki can be due to pre ts plot reasons or because he lost his true ambition, while Enel already had CoO & his god complex syndrome due to his logia. Sure he can come back with some CoA but i cant imagine he would be a threat to any top tier.
I am pretty sure that Enel can be a problem to everyone , he doesn't really need top tier haki to be a threat

With the maxim he can literally erase islands from the map just like Imu did , and his lighting would be pretty devastating on the sea ecosystem and people in general

What Enel really need is some physical buff in strength and resistance, just like the one Crocodile got after impel down

Everyone will return except Foxy (and maybe some East Blue villains).

Enel has the perfect world noble mindset. And I doubt he was sent to the moon to get his character's psychology developed. Seeing him back as an ally would be weird.

But I don't wanna see him be treated like Rob Lucci. Being back for a mere round 2 is lame af.

Hello everyone,

Today I just wanted to make a small post about One Piece’s best God wannabe:

Enel is a character who many people question whether or not he’ll ever get involved in the story again in any real way. Current events with Imu have brought Enel into the discussion once more, and got me thinking about what he and Imu have in common.

Both Enel and Imu were/are obviously false gods respectively, and this is such an important and distinct commonality that there is no way Oda will not bring Enel back when the conflict with Imu arises. Not only that, but both Enel and Imu are godlike beings who’s existence is completely unknown to the majority of the OP World. In fact, not just Imu, but all of the Celestial Dragons think of themselves as Gods.

Now, this opens up a really nice narrative opportunity for Oda. You see, some may consider this an obvious point to make, but manga writers often focus on narrative foils to write conflict between heroes and villains. Fuck, I guess I should explain what I mean by this, feel free to skip this spoiler tag if this feels like I’m explaining something obvious:

Foils are characters who are conceptually similar and yet also opposite to our heroes. They will have something major in common with our hero but will also be complete opposites in other ways. This is a trope that Oda himself utilizes all the time. Just for some brief examples:

Luffy and Arlong: both wanted Nami to be in their crew, but both went about that objective in completely opposite ways.

Luffy and Lucci: both were trying to “obtain” Robin, both going about it in completely opposite ways.

Luffy and Kaido both had that “is he Joyboy ?” Theme going on for a while but had many other opposing traits…I’ll stop here. Hopefully most already understand foils as a concept.

So in what way is Enel an opportunity for Oda? Well, with the Celestial Dragons and Imu being upcoming antagonists who consider themselves gods/try to act as gods, the door is now open for Oda to introduce a character who once thought of themselves as a god, but now knows that they are not a god. This character would be a conduit that allows Oda to more fully explore this theme, and would also be a great foil to the Celestial Dragons.

So with that said, I think Enel is the perfect opportunity for Oda to do this. I think Enel will come back as an explicit ally and will help us fight against the Celestials and Imu.

But Lee, how would Enel come back as an ally? How would that work exactly?

Well, you see, Oda has already utilized the “former enemy turned ally” card before, from Crocodile to Bon Clay to Buggy, but the character who I think will best illustrate my point is this guy:

And hey, Bellamy and Enel are characters from the same saga…coincidence? Lol

Anyway, Bellamy actually has one of the better character arcs Oda has written. Pre timeskip he was a young shithead who overestimated himself and thought believing in Sky Island was for idiots,

And post timeskip he had actually visited Sky Island himself and was extremely humbled by his pre timeskip humiliation.

Enel from what we know, actually has a very similar character arc to Bellamy. He overestimated his own power, got epically humbled, and then went on a journey to the moon, probably realizing how small he is in the grand scheme of things, I think.

I think Enel will return, humbled, and will explicitly be an ally in the final war. I also think Oda will just by necessity want to bring Enel back since he is a classic character, and Oda wants as many classic characters to return from a marketing perspective.

Now wait a minute, why would Enel want to fight against the World Government? And to this I confess, I have no idea lol. Although Oda could easily say that Enel learned some shit up on the moon or something that caused him to learn of the Government’s evil and/or want to fight them. It would be very easy for Oda to come up with a reason for Enel to become an ally.

And that’s really all I’ve got for today. Share your thoughts :)

@Den_Den_Mushi @Owl Ki @Blackbeard @ShishioIsBack @HA001 @Cinera @MarineHQ @comrade @Sentinel @Playa4321 @Plex @Veku @TokOO @God Buggy @SakazOuki etc…
Plz Oda make this come true somehow. Not sure about the Ally part,but i want to see him back.
Post automatically merged:

Everyone will return except Foxy (and maybe some East Blue villains).

Enel has the perfect world noble mindset. And I doubt he was sent to the moon to get his character's psychology developed. Seeing him back as an ally would be weird.

But I don't wanna see him be treated like Rob Lucci. Being back for a mere round 2 is lame af.
He will probably return as a side antagonist and maybe Jinbe or some other straw hat fights him.

He will probably return as a side antagonist and maybe Jinbe or some other straw hat fights him.
Please no. I mean, this depends on how it's treated. I always cringe when I see Rob Lucci back on panel with nothing different in his character but only more power-level. Enel has many possibilities thanks to the history he read on the moon though.

Side antagonist is cool, but it's either happening in Elbaf or never. The world will soon split into good (Luffy) vs bad (Imu).

For instance, Bellamy's character development was "good"