Escanor vs Acqua of the Back

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
By arguing power levels man
Yeah I said that Escanor's pl is hundreds of times superior to Meliodas'. I didn't say to multiply Meliodas' feat by 100 to get it. Characters who are around 30, 40, 50K pl in NNT are already mountain level, or more.

Yeah I said that Escanor's pl is hundreds of times superior to Meliodas'. I didn't say to multiply Meliodas' feat by 100 to get it. Characters who are around 30, 40, 50K pl in NNT are already mountain level, or more.
I did several hundred and not sure why since 142,000 is only about 47 times that of 3,000

Your power levels argument sold Escanor short until someone else brought up an actual feat.

Only argument I have is that Acqua can indeed replicate Kanzaki’s Yuisen, countering it with his own and knowing all of Kanzaki’s techniques and the ways to counter them.

If Acqua can land that on Escanor, it’d slice right through him. Kanzaki’s Yuisen can match Carissa’s Curtana Original Dimension severing and also would allow her to cut right through Archangel Gabriel, the same Gabriel who’d be totally fine in the epicenter of its own power releasing and blowing away at least half the planet while sending what remains out of the Solar System

Using such a method to mask the weaknesses of other religions, a one-of-a-kind spell filled with destructive power.
Single Flash, Yuisen.

No matter how great the numbers or how strong the person, no one should be able to survive it.
Acqua’s huge mace blocked the strike and, after trading a few hits, it was clear to Kanzaki that Acqua likely knew as many spells as she did, possibly even more. Since Acqua was not an ordinary member of God’s Right Seat, he was even able to cast ordinary magic spells.

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
did several hundred and not sure why since 142,000 is only about 47 times that of 3,000
142 k is AM Meliodas Pl not Escanor's..

Your power levels argument sold Escanor short until someone else brought up an actual feat.
No you just misunderstood what I am saying. From the beginning it's quite clear Escanor wins.

142 k is AM Meliodas Pl not Escanor's..

No you just misunderstood what I am saying. From the beginning it's quite clear Escanor wins.
And most you can argue is Escanor being several times stronger than Assault Mode, so at most hundreds of times stronger than the Hill cutting feat measured at Town level. Hence why your power level argument fell short.

Someone did bring up a feat with Mael that does trump Acqua’s output so Escanor does indeed have more raw power at Noon and High Noon but it also now comes down to who hits who first because Acqua does have a hax move that ignores durability with his sword that I posted above

Light D Lamperouge

𝖂𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖚𝖑𝖉 𝕳𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝕭𝖊𝖊𝖓
And most you can argue is Escanor being several times stronger than Assault Mode, so at most hundreds of times stronger than the Hill cutting feat measured at Town level. Hence why your power level argument fell short.
Again, I did not say to multiply Mel's feat by hundreds to get Escanor's level. You said you've read the series somewhat, and if you got to Escanor, you should know that even differences of a 1000 in pl, are vast and improve one's abilities drastically. No need to strawman what I said. So I assumed you have familiarity with the series and how it works. Maybe that was my bad. Escanor wins. I'll leave it at that. :endthis:

Damn I was just watching s3 of Magical index now. Escanor should win based on anime only.
Index anime is a poor quality mess, especially the 3rd season. Novels is the way to go and the entire first series is out in English. Railgun is the only Toaru anime J.C. Staff does good.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014080...roject/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index

If you don’t want to read the novels, the Index manga is the next best option. Can read all the current chapters on Mangapill.

For this thread, it’s Acqua with all novel feats, not just anime.

Index anime is a poor quality mess, especially the 3rd season. Novels is the way to go and the entire first series is out in English.

https://web.archive.org/web/2014080...roject/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index

If you don’t want to read the novels, the Index manga is the next best option. Can read all the current chapters on Mangapill.

For this thread, it’s Acqua with all novel feats, not just anime.
Yeah I know that. Novel feats are crazy from what I have heard

Again, I did not say to multiply Mel's feat by hundreds to get Escanor's level. You said you've read the series somewhat, and if you got to Escanor, you should know that even differences of a 1000 in pl, are vast and improve one's abilities drastically. No need to strawman what I said. So I assumed you have familiarity with the series and how it works. Maybe that was my bad. Escanor wins. I'll leave it at that. :endthis:
Another of Escanor feats: he nearly killed the first fairy king and giant king in the fight festival arc at night.

For scaling, Kanzaki has all the mentioned feats of taking on Gabriel.

Knight Leader destroyed her without even needing to draw his sword.

Acqua went on to fight Knight Leader at less then 50% of his previous power and Knight Leader still needed both his sword and amping his stats further. And even than Acqua still eventually overpowered him and still won the fight.

Last edited:
For scaling, Kanzaki has all the mentioned feats of taking on Gabriel.

Knight Leader destroyed her without even needing to draw his sword.

Acqua went on to fight Knight Leader at less then 50% of his previous power and Knight Leader still needed both his sword and amping his stats further. And even than Acqua still eventually overpowered him and still won the fight.
Damn I forgot that knight leader wrecked Kanzaki with basic magic spells and his Physical Strength stopping her sword with one hand and telling her she’s weak yikes that stings hard to readers.

Damn I forgot that knight leader wrecked Kanzaki with basic magic spells and his Physical Strength stopping her sword with one hand and telling her she’s weak yikes that stings hard to readers.
For catching her Yuisen, it wasn’t just that he stopped it. It’s his spell, Thororm’s Defense. Anything that meets his eyes that he’s able to percieve as a weapon loses all its power, both the weapon itself as well as any Magic behind it, all get turned to 0

So Kanzaki’s sword lost all its power and could easily be caught by Knight Leader no matter how hard she swing it:

The spike fitted on the back of the grip wasn't in the same size range as a nail.

Matching the greatsword's full length of 3.5 meters, the spike was practically a stake.

Realistically, even if the attack wasn't instantly fatal, the right ribs must have been pulverized.

The two faces hidden by the darkness were mirrored.

One was in anguish.

The other was aloof.

However,

the expression of anguish belonged to William,

and it was Knight Leader who was aloof.

While William's strike wasn't meant to be fatal, its destructive force should have been enough to ensure that Knight Leader became immobilized.

But in truth, there wasn't a single wound on him.

The spike which should have been rooted into his chest hadn't even penetrated the cloth of his suit, let alone draw a single drop of blood.

The unnatural sponge-like sensation naturally brought an expression of doubt to William's face.

(The impact was displaced... no, that can't be. Is this...?!)

"Do you know of a Norse warrior called Thororm?"

Knight Leader spoke without a change in his expression, as the spike continued to push against his chest.

"He used a magic which had the power to reduce the sharpness of an enemy's blade to zero. Thus, no attack could harm him, while Thororm's would be the only sword which could cut at the opposition."

"You, mean..."

"I have constructed a technique by which I can reduce the offensive power of any and all armaments I recognize as such to zero. And I will let you know, that it makes no distinction between science or magic. Theoretically, it can neutralize even a nuclear weapon. As for those against which it has been proven... yes, it should be able to handle something on a level similar to the slashing attack wielded by the Saint of the Far East, designed to fight divinity."

Knight Leader slowly shook his head.

I told you that I had prepared multiple trump cards, he continued.

"It is effective against each weapon for ten minutes at best. Of course, there is no need to consider arrows and bullets once they have fallen to the ground, and bombs would not suddenly explode ten minutes after their first attempt failed, though that would necessitate the prevention of any further 'explosive triggers' - not that this relates to you. In any case, I have simply created a grace period of ten minutes... but you should know well what end awaits one who presents that much time to his enemy on a true field of battle."

Knight Leader glared directly at William.

"I was subjected to a terrible ambush at Dover, long ago - it was enough so that I wished to take measures against something like this."

For catching her Yuisen, it wasn’t just that he stopped it. It’s his spell, Thororm’s Defense. Anything that meets his eyes that he’s able to percieve as a weapon loses all its power, both the weapon itself as well as any Magic behind it, all get turned to 0

So Kanzaki’s sword lost all its power and could easily be caught by Knight Leader no matter how hard she swing it:

The spike fitted on the back of the grip wasn't in the same size range as a nail.

Matching the greatsword's full length of 3.5 meters, the spike was practically a stake.

Realistically, even if the attack wasn't instantly fatal, the right ribs must have been pulverized.

The two faces hidden by the darkness were mirrored.

One was in anguish.

The other was aloof.

However,

the expression of anguish belonged to William,

and it was Knight Leader who was aloof.

While William's strike wasn't meant to be fatal, its destructive force should have been enough to ensure that Knight Leader became immobilized.

But in truth, there wasn't a single wound on him.

The spike which should have been rooted into his chest hadn't even penetrated the cloth of his suit, let alone draw a single drop of blood.

The unnatural sponge-like sensation naturally brought an expression of doubt to William's face.

(The impact was displaced... no, that can't be. Is this...?!)

"Do you know of a Norse warrior called Thororm?"

Knight Leader spoke without a change in his expression, as the spike continued to push against his chest.

"He used a magic which had the power to reduce the sharpness of an enemy's blade to zero. Thus, no attack could harm him, while Thororm's would be the only sword which could cut at the opposition."

"You, mean..."

"I have constructed a technique by which I can reduce the offensive power of any and all armaments I recognize as such to zero. And I will let you know, that it makes no distinction between science or magic. Theoretically, it can neutralize even a nuclear weapon. As for those against which it has been proven... yes, it should be able to handle something on a level similar to the slashing attack wielded by the Saint of the Far East, designed to fight divinity."

Knight Leader slowly shook his head.

I told you that I had prepared multiple trump cards, he continued.

"It is effective against each weapon for ten minutes at best. Of course, there is no need to consider arrows and bullets once they have fallen to the ground, and bombs would not suddenly explode ten minutes after their first attempt failed, though that would necessitate the prevention of any further 'explosive triggers' - not that this relates to you. In any case, I have simply created a grace period of ten minutes... but you should know well what end awaits one who presents that much time to his enemy on a true field of battle."

Knight Leader glared directly at William.

"I was subjected to a terrible ambush at Dover, long ago - it was enough so that I wished to take measures against something like this."
Well at least Escanor’s sun grace found a successor sixteen years later in four knights her skills in combat needs work but Gawain is genius in magic. Wouldn’t surprise me if she’s Merlin’s daughter.