Speculations Ethanbaron V. Nusjuro killed Ryuma and became The God of the Blade, the tier beyond World's Strongest Swordsman

CoC: Color of Clowns

Gaimon D. Chest
Ethanbaron V. Nusjuro is the Warrior God of Finance, while Wano was the country of Gold. V. Nusjuro has the strongest Kitetsu blade, futher tying him to Wano.

Ryuma was famous for defending the land of Wano from World Nobles, and has two large scars in his midsection:

Zoro will fight Mihawk to become the World's Strongest Swordsman, but, the real reason Mihawk wanted to find someone to surpass him is because he could not defeat the current God of the Blade, V. Nusjuro.

I believe Mihawk was a Celestial Dragon, and that his island, that lost all of its population, was once a Celestial Dragon hunt, where Mihawk met Shanks. Shanks told Mihawk: "Hey, if you want a good hunt, why not become a pirate?!? You can hunt anyone... other Pirates, the Marines, Bounty Hunters! Isn't that better than this stupid game, Mihawk?!?"

This is why the Gorosei being labelled as Gods is imporant, along with Imu. No other characters have really been classified as that in this series in such a way besides Luffy.

V. Nusjuro can be stronger than Mihawk, because, naturally, a God is greater than a man in this universe, and he holds the title of God while Mihawk either never had it, or abandoned it. Mihawk being a Celestial Dragon doesn't matter that much here, he could have just lost to V. Nusjuro in the past.

Either way, if Oda has Zoro fight Mihawk before V. Nusjuro (if you think the Gorosei with a giant ass Katana isn't a Zoro fight, I don't know what to tell you), this is how it will work.

What was Zoro's vow to Kuina???

"I'm going to become such a great master swordsman that my name will be known even in heaven!"

What is heaven in the One Piece universe? The holy land, Mary Geoise. If Zoro wants his name to be known in heaven, Mihawk is not his true enemy. If anything, Mihawk is Zoro's Shanks, but way more hardcore. If Zoro wants his name to be known in heaven, he has to defeat an actual god. That god is V. Nusjuro.

I'm all in for Zoro defeating stronger opponents than Mihawk (pretty much gonna happen).

But it definitely won't be about sword battle, ala Zoro vs Mihawk. Otherwise it would undermine & downplay Mihawk & WSS title.

Thiiiiiiiiiiis is questionable topic.
I feel that battle against Mihawk should be symbolic as fight that we all was waiting for, like Itachi vs Sasuke, but but but battle against Venus should be something else