Eurovision Song Contest

G

Gorosei Informer

I like how many thoughts you have to share without us about music ;)
In a former board we made our own board version of the ESC, it was quite fun and I´m thinking if I should make a Worstgen version of it too? Wonder if enough users would be interested in it?
It would work a bit different however, every round had a theme and the users could send in their songs via PM / Conversation. Nobody knew what user sent in which song, they were presented by the host and then everyone could vote via PM. This was back in a german board, would probably be even more interesting to try out in an international board like WG^^
Thank you!

Hmm, so like the contests @Light D Lamperouge has been running on here? Like "Best sad song" or "Best character theme" or "Best soundtrack song" in a series?

That's a really cool idea, I'd love that! I'd 100% be glad to be involved with playing in a contest like that! It could be done the same way Light did it, where everyone would PM the thread/contest host with their song entries and the host makes threads with polls for each entries, seperated into brackets and we vote for the ones we like the most?

Ah yeah, WG is very or even extremely diverse, its really wonderful like that, I met a lot of from people around the world via gaming and Oro Jackson back in the day too. It was a really life changing and unique experience, especially back then when the interet was much younger and thus newer ofc! (I'm Boomer Reflections right now)

:kailaugh::luffylaugh::zosmug::ace:
Post automatically merged:

You also missed out this masterpiece from Moldova:

This song landed on place 7, getting over 250 points from the viewers, while The Rasmus only got 26 points from the viewers too... I don´t wanna live in this world anymore :shame:
LMFAO, WOOOOOW! I heard Moldova did something wild this time too but I was not expecting that hahahaha! That music makes me think of a certain viral Borat moment lol:

For what its worth, that Moldova entry is the spirit of Eurovision right there! I can't believe that only got 7 points, wtf?! 26 for Ramus is shameful too, they deserve much better! Their performance was so good and it felt like a classic and thus nostalgic Rasmus song! I could go on about how much I used to love Rasmus back in the day and some of their songs especially!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Ballel

I like how many thoughts you have to share without us about music ;)
In a former board we made our own board version of the ESC, it was quite fun and I´m thinking if I should make a Worstgen version of it too? Wonder if enough users would be interested in it?
It would work a bit different however, every round had a theme and the users could send in their songs via PM / Conversation. Nobody knew what user sent in which song, they were presented by the host and then everyone could vote via PM. This was back in a german board, would probably be even more interesting to try out in an international board like WG^^
Sounds like the tournaments we host here from time to time(well usually @Light D Lamperouge hosts them) but for general music instead of a theme like OSTs, openings, endings etc.

But we vote in a poll in the thread usually and not in pm.

I'd like the idea of people just submitting their favourite songs.
But not sure how many would want to join.

J

Joygirl1

Thank you!

Hmm, so like the contests @Light D Lamperouge has been running on here? Like "Best sad song" or "Best character theme" or "Best soundtrack song" in a series?

That's a really cool idea, I'd love that! I'd 100% be glad to be involved with playing in a contest like that! It could be done the same way Light did it, where everyone would PM the thread/contest host with their song entries and the host makes threads with polls for each entries, seperated into brackets and we vote for the ones we like the most?

Ah yeah, WG is very or even extremely diverse, its really wonderful like that, I met a lot of from people around the world via gaming and Oro Jackson back in the day too. It was a really life changing and unique experience, especially back then when the interet was much younger and thus newer ofc! (I'm Boomer Reflections right now)

:kailaugh::luffylaugh::zosmug::ace:

LMFAO, WOOOOOW! I heard Moldova did something wild this time too but I was not expecting that hahahaha! That music makes me think of a certain viral Borat moment lol:

For what its worth, that Moldova entry is the spirit of Eurovision right there! I can't believe that only got 7 points, wtf?! 26 for Ramus is shameful too, they deserve much better! Their performance was so good and it felt like a classic and thus nostalgic Rasmus song! I could go on about how much I used to love Rasmus back in the day and some of their songs especially!
That´s cool to hear, it was a bit different though, it was all in one thread and it had no brackets and no polls, the voting was like in the real ESC, with giving points from 1 to 12 points, all via PM. Themes could be everything the host wanted to be, for examples we had: Spring, Hair, Eighties songs, Elements, Freedom, Girl Power, Movie OSTs, War, Horror, Western, Underrated, Sci-Fi, Pirates...
Oh, the winner of each contest was the host for the next round, unless they really didn´t want to do it btw^^

B

Ballel

That´s cool to hear, it was a bit different though, it was all in one thread and it had no brackets and no polls, the voting was like in the real ESC, with giving points from 1 to 12 points, all via PM. Themes could be everything the host wanted to be, for examples we had: Spring, Hair, Eighties songs, Elements, Freedom, Girl Power, Movie OSTs, War, Horror, Western, Underrated, Sci-Fi, Pirates...
Oh, the winner of each contest was the host for the next round, unless they really didn´t want to do it btw^^
Hm, let's see if this gets traction.
I guess it would be more easily accepted if we stick to the already established tournament patterns I guess.

I really like the idea.

G

Gorosei Informer

Ah thats very awesome! I really like that! Tbh, we could use thread polls for votes, I know people who vote can be hidden and it only shows the entries, I'm not sure if it requires a Mod/Admin to do it but theres always sites like Strawpoll if needed too?

Instead of relying on PMs I mean, as that would be a little overwhelming/messy imo but Light is used to getting spammed by PMs for contests too and you and others on that site you were on made it work via PMs too ofc!

It's a very cool idea and concept though, it could be popular on here too like the contests we have on here as well1

:cheers::kata::goyea::hohoho:

B

Ballel

Not sure if this helps, as it´s all in german but here is the link to it: https://www.forumla.de/f-fun-spiele-raetsel-39/t-der-forumvision-song-contest-233497

If you´re curious, my nickname was Junko Enoshima / later Silent Samus, but the credit for this idea goes to Sleeping Dragon^^
Ah thats very awesome! I really like that! Tbh, we could use thread polls for votes, I know people who vote can be hidden and it only shows the entries, I'm not sure if it requires a Mod/Admin to do it but theres always sites like Strawpoll if needed too?

Instead of relying on PMs I mean, as that would be a little overwhelming/messy imo but Light is used to getting spammed by PMs for contests too and you and others on that site you were on made it work via PMs too ofc!

It's a very cool idea and concept though, it could be popular on here too like the contests we have on here as well1

Experience with worstgen shows that if something is too difficult to understand or too complicated it won't be successful.
People here have a short attention span lmao

J

Joygirl1

It would not work with polls because you have to give points from 1 to 12 for the songs.
Well, we did it with PMs and it fuctioned like this for over 60 rounds^^

I don´t think you have realized how the voting would be like and why it would be impossible to vote via poll. There is a voting list which was filled with the points you gave out:
https://www.forumla.de/f-fun-spiele...mvision-song-contest-233497/page3#post5310602

This list would then be filled out by every player and sent to the host by PM, for example:

12 points: Song 1
10 points: Song 9
08 points: Song 7
07 Points: Song 2
06 Points: Song 13
05 Points: Song 8
04 Points: Song 4
03 Points: Song 3
02 Points: Song 11
01 Point: Song 5

In rounds with more than 11 players (you can´t vote for your own song) there would also be songs left that you simply didn´t give a point to. It´s not that complicated and normally you had several days, maybe even one whole week to send in your points ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Gorosei Informer

Experience with worstgen shows that if something is too difficult to understand or too complicated it won't be successful.
People here have a short attention span lmao
Yeah thats unfortunately true.

*Cries in my long posts getting ignored*

It would not work with polls because you have to give points from 1 to 12 for the songs.
Well, we did it with PMs and it fuctioned like this for over 60 rounds^^

I don´t think you have realized how the voting would be like and why it would be impossible to vote via poll. There is a voting list which was filled with the points you gave out:
https://www.forumla.de/f-fun-spiele...mvision-song-contest-233497/page3#post5310602

This list would then be filled out by every player and sent to the host by PM, for example:

12 points: Song 1
10 points: Song 9
08 points: Song 7
07 Points: Song 2
06 Points: Song 13
05 Points: Song 8
04 Points: Song 4
03 Points: Song 3
02 Points: Song 11
01 Point: Song 5

In rounds with more than 11 players (you can´t vote for your own song) there would also be songs left that you simply didn´t give a point to. It´s not that complicated and normally you had several days, maybe even one whole week to send in your points ;)
Somehow I keep ignoring/forgetting the 12 point system, my bad LOL! I'm really being dumb/slow today!

I see now yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

I'm not sure if it will work well with people on here but it's a very novel idea. It might be too elaborate and long winded for here unfortunately? I haven't look at the threads you linked yet though so that's not helping my opinion ofc, I'll have a look now!

That is a very simple format actually, I understand it a lot better now! Also very happy to see Gwen Stefani and The Offspring featured there hahaha!