Fanclub Eustass "Captain" Kid FC

I was looking at some of the older anime episodes in wano. And the scene with basil hawking and law was something that came up.

The scene ->

Basil hawkins stated that kid and killer fought to their limit vs kaido, and later on he goes on to say that he doesn't believe Kidd will ever give in. Does anyone have theories/ideas as to what could be propelling Kid to go for one piece or what's the reasoning behind his "will"? I think "will"/"never giving up" are one of the biggest themes in one piece which makes this more intriguing. Does Basil hawkins know something we don't? Obviously, I'm assuming this is something we'll find out rather soon, but something I've been curious about.

I was looking at some of the older anime episodes in wano. And the scene with basil hawking and law was something that came up.

The scene ->

Basil hawkins stated that kid and killer fought to their limit vs kaido, and later on he goes on to say that he doesn't believe Kidd will ever give in. Does anyone have theories/ideas as to what could be propelling Kid to go for one piece or what's the reasoning behind his "will"? I think "will"/"never giving up" are one of the biggest themes in one piece which makes this more intriguing. Does Basil hawkins know something we don't? Obviously, I'm assuming this is something we'll find out rather soon, but something I've been curious about.
Hawkins was simply refering to Kidd's character/personality in general, I doubt Kidd started talking childhood memories when he was hosting Hawkins and Apoo in his hideout.

The origins of his strong will are going to be revealed in Kidd/Killer flashback, but I think its always been partially natural like Luffy's.

G

Gorosei Informer

Kidd would have been a perfect fit for this current arc we are in. Got a Kidd and Vegapunk theory that I’m typing up soon

@rerere @Pantheos @Lukegranders :kidsmile:
Honestly I'll be extremely upset if Kidd doesn't get involved in this arc, its gonna be like Zoros, Carrots and Usopps mishandling at Wano but worse.

Vega's robots make wish Kidd was here to see them and even try his magnetism vs them and geek out as the mechanic/engineer/tinkerer or whatever he is.

This needs to be Frankys and Kidds arc and they realised their shared interests and common passions too then.

Kidd was meant to head in the same direction as Luffy so I hope fate compels him to end up here too somehow. Although he mentioned the burned mark man or whatever and is going there I think to him?

Bonney and Kidd would have such interesting, hilarious chemistry and it would be ironically hilarious if Bonney turned him into a literal Kidd and Killer has to babysit him for a short while lol.
Vegapunk could cure Killer too potentially?

Bonney and Kidd would have such interesting, hilarious chemistry and it would be ironically hilarious if Bonney turned him into a literal Kidd and Killer has to babysit him for a short while lol.
Vegapunk could cure Killer too potentially?
Agreed. Bonney is also the only member of the Worst Generation outside of Kidd and Killer from the South Blue. I’ve been waiting to see an interaction between them. Really hope Kidd and Killer somehow gets involved lol.

G

Gorosei Informer

Agreed. Bonney is also the only member of the Worst Generation outside of Kidd and Killer from the South Blue. I’ve been waiting to see an interaction between them. Really hope Kidd and Killer somehow gets involved lol.
Niiice, thank you! It would be so fun and so interesting indeed if they get involved and meet her for sure!

Kidd vs Urouge is something I'd like to see too but I wouldn't mind Killer vs him either, I think they were fighting at Sabaody before too?

Since Kidd makes huge mechas and is a robot fanatic, this HAS to be his personal arc even more than Wano but I just PRAY Oda will actually deliver for us!

:cheers::kata::myman::neesama:

G

Gorosei Informer

Huh, so Kid as a sentimental side after all.

Wow, thats pretty cool and unique, thank you for giving us this Oda! Shame it wasn't on panel and it's pretty tame and brief compared to Laws backstory, but it reminds me of Zoros backstory a little and that was short and sweet to be fair. Not complex, just straightforward.

I really respect Kidd even more now, naming his ship after that girl is such a wonderful, selfless and deep tribute. Really adds layers to him too and why I get mad at people who claim he's "Mid" or boring.

Wow, thats pretty cool and unique, thank you for giving us this Oda! Shame it wasn't on panel and it's pretty tame and brief compared to Laws backstory, but it reminds me of Zoros backstory a little and that was short and sweet to be fair. Not complex, just straightforward.

I really respect Kidd even more now, naming his ship after that girl is such a wonderful, selfless and deep tribute. Really adds layers to him too and why I get mad at people who claim he's "Mid" or boring.
Really puts Kid's "scum rule the world" line into perspective.

G

Gorosei Informer

Really puts Kid's "scum rule the world" line into perspective.

Yeah absolutely! It fits his metal/punk/Mad Max rough/junker aesthetic and attitude so much!

That line of his always intrigued me and made me hope he is a D too due to it, I rather it was him instead of Law or both of them being Ds even. I mean Eustass is based on William Kidd too ofc!

Given Laws crew got some love from Oda now, I really hope Kiddachad with his (30+?) crew get some love too somehow, especially in a revenge match against Shanks or maybe vs Cross Guild or some other notable threat like Fujitora or Kizaru and Vice Admirals or even a Seraphim?

Kidd reminds me of the lead singer of one of my favourite bands too, a steampunk pirate airship band called Abney Park, with Captain Robert Brown!

Kidd is a very fascinating and truly underrated/underappreciated character. A lot of missed nuance by an overwhelming amount of ignorant, immature haters/slanderers.