Powers & Abilities Expected a Lot more from King.

Sometimes Zoros fights hold up for different reasons. For example, fight against Daz is not really inferior to Croc despite being much shorter and having less mental aspects.
Kaku had as much a relationship to Zoro as Lucci did to Luffy, and the Ryuuma fight waa arguably better than the fight vs Moria.
As a weekly reader these kind of fights are really underwhelming

You jump from a hype sanji chapter to a hype zoro chapter, this basically canceling the previous week's hype

I am still confused by how Oda handled it

KING doesnt have king's haki

THE PLAGUE who has an ice based virus didn't use it against someone who controls fire
Yeah the fights would benefit alot fucknig more it's continuous instead of jumping back and forth from one fight to another.

Yeah the fights would benefit alot fucknig more it's continuous instead of jumping back and forth from one fight to another.
Yeah, my memory might be wrong but i think this is a post-TS, or even Wa No specific approach.

Pre-TS, Oda was definitely jumping around between the scenes, but mostly for setting up the conflicts and minor clashes or interactions. And once conflicts really started, everyone got one or two chapters only for themselves for the entire fight, especially the conclusion.
Now in this chapter you have Sanji, you have the Kaido King flashback and so forth.

The choreography in this chapter was good, but for me King was not impressive, and his main attribute seemed more gimmicky.

Expected more?

We got a Magma Dragon wtf

In reality, most that are disappointed are simply disappointed because King lacked what Katakuri and Doflamingo had.

They're not disappointed with the fight itself

As a weekly reader these kind of fights are really underwhelming

You jump from a hype sanji chapter to a hype zoro chapter, this basically canceling the previous week's hype

I am still confused by how Oda handled it

KING doesnt have king's haki
If you were paying attention to the story you'd realize from early on that King does not fit the criteria of an actual "KING".

King does not respect any of his subordinates, nor do they respect him. All conquerors have individuals around them who admire them.

Last edited:
I expected more too(like a stronger final attack or more time in hybrid form) but we have to consider that this fight started many chapters ago. It basically took like 3-4 chapters. It seemed short to most of us bc the chapters werent consecutive. Μy only complaint is that unmasked king seemed much weaker than the masked one. Which happens in all manga for some reason.

MonsterZoro

Bald Spoiler Provider
The problem is none of his flame attack landed on Zoro besides the flame kick once. His name is kind the wild fire but his wild fire shit only hit fodder. Same with Queens laser beam. Everyone dodging all their attacks. Oda really fucked up.

The only time king attack it hit the fodder and the fodder wasn't even shown defeated. They were running around screaming. Which makes it even worst because if fodder don't fall right away a Yonko commander level fighter can use COA and maybe block it...

I expected more too(like a stronger final attack or more time in hybrid form) but we have to consider that this fight started many chapters ago. It basically took like 3-4 chapters. It seemed short to most of us bc the chapters werent consecutive. Μy only complaint is that unmasked king seemed much weaker than the masked one. Which happens in all manga for some reason.
just like Tobi and Obito. Masks hold 90% of their power

Oda is creatively constrained by himself.

King should have been a man engulfed by fire with a fireproof suit to keep himself at bay and capable of unleashing terrifying wildfires when fully released; instead, we had another winged humanoid with a tiny flame on his back and no significant conflagration caused.

Queen should have used his plagues to battle, considering he could even power-up with them; funnily enough, the old idea of Sanji destroying the virus with an even hotter fire than usual would have been even more appropiate because Queen had trouble to damage his hard body (so what better way than sickening him?) and Sanji has indeed developed a hotter technique.

Jack should have used his gyojin abilities to dry the environment and turn his trunk into a powerful water cannon, taking advantage of the vulnerable situation of his adversary as they tried to take on two swords plus two tusks attacking at the same time.

Overall, there's zero inspiration behind these fights. Oda doesn't know how to execute his own premises.

If oda was stick with his df ability alone , still would have been far better fight...
He make him dirty swordman and in the end he didn't use any really dirty tricks...It was underwhelming fight , in compared what I expected from YC vs Zoro..