Powers & Abilities Expected a Lot more from King.

Kaido and Big Mom aren't gonna have Awakening either. Oda doesn't like Zoan Awakening and just made recovery a basic thing for Ancient Zoans
Even with BM and Kaido possibly not having DF awakening they have enough strength and power to stand as a formidable top tiers. King only improved what he was gifted from his race which isn’t bad don’t get me wrong, but he should have improved haki wise. None of his haki were praised which felt lack luster.

Idk I enjoy it more than the kata fight such had plenty of questionable moments dragging the fight. Plus it has moments where I didn't know if they were fighting or just training Luffy.

Unlike the Katakuri vs Luffy i did feel the tension of a life or death situation in the Zoro vs King.

The bad point is being a not so long fight I would only agree in that but that's main character privilege that one can't use as argument to declare the better fight.

Like hody fight was longer and we know how trash it was.

This just establishes that Joker is Kaido's most important piece... Not only did King not show awakening but the highlight of his best attack is frying some fodders...
You are joking right. He can scale his attacks up to match the opponent he is facing. Using the attack on the fodder was to show us how mad he was and serious about them talking about informing the government about him.

At the end he used a stronger version of that attack against Zoro who was using a stronger attack then the one that bested and scarred Kaido. Zoro's attacks is the strongest attack we have seen in the war.

Neither Luffy or Kaido has released that amount of ACoC.

I didn’t say all types of haki has to be advanced. Showing one is more than enough. Kata had his CoO at an advanced level and CoA hardening at a pretty strong level as well.
Katakuri was a normal Human who was less durable than Oven and physically weaker than Human Jack. Of course he was gonna rely on CoO and Awakening more than King who's both an ancient Zoan and a Lunarian or Marco who has the Second most powerful Mythical Zoan so far .

So far Katakuri is an outlier among the three Crews when it comes to Awakening and Haki due to being Physical inferior to the Calamities and Jozu and Possibly Smoothie and having a worse DF than Pretty much everyone else(Except for maybe Cracker).

Oda made Katakuri a Normal Human who is a Mirror to Luffy. King is an entirely different character. No need for him to have the same abilities

Personally I enjoyed the Zoro vs King fight, it helped Zoro grow in terms of welding Enma the same way Oden did and releasing Conqueror's haki on his blades.

The only negative aspect was how it only took Zoro figuring out that King's defences are weak when he is moving fast, for him to lose the fight. Luffy figured out Katakuri's future sight and he still regained composure, he brought out Snake man and he found a way around that.
At this point the only thing special about King is his lunarian abilities and devil fruit, whereas Katakuri had Future sight, good devil fruit, awakening and CoC.

Oda did him dirty this chap.

- Nerfed his Lunarian power
- Made his Magma Dragon hypeless ( and also didnt even give it a double page spread).
- Made the lame Magma Dragon his Ultimate attack
- Even his physical strength seemed weakened.
Oda didn't weaken King at all. ACoC is that strong. Remember when base Luffy matched blows with hybrid Kaido because of ACoC. Zoro is doing the same with his ACoC and large amounts of CoA.

A benefit to CoA/CoC it boosts the strength of attacks similar to how physical strength can boost the strength of attacks.

His fire dragon is so hot and power the flames are strong like magma. Ace/Sabo DF and Sanji fire has never reached that level.

King was beat by a stronger Zoro than the one that bested and scarred Kaido. This time he doesn't have 20 to 30 broken bones and is using ACoC.

Last edited:
Oda was disappointing here

Not much to say

He hyped everyone for no reason, then rushed the shit out of Zoro and Sanji's fights when they had much more potential to begin with.

Anyway... will keep my expectations low from now on