General & Others Explain your favourite character

This a thread where you can explain why a certain character became your favourite. This should be a positive thread, so pls no power lvl discussions or negativity.
Explain why and how a character became your favourite!

I will start.
My favourite character is Zoro.
Back in 2004 when I watched One Piece on TV I fell in love with Zoro. I love swords and Zoro had this unique sword style. He impressed me with his willpower and his honour. The scene which sealed the deal for me was this moment.

He impressed not only Luffy but also me.
I knew that he was a badass character with honour and a kind heart. After that he became my favourite character in OP

KonyaruIchi

๐Ÿ‘‘๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“Ÿ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“ ๐“พ๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐Ÿ‘‘
โ€Ž
My favorite character is Nami.
I actually remember that when I watched the anime as a kid I really didn't like her that much, but when I got back into the series when I was in college she ended up becoming my favorite. I really like her personality and her storyline in Arlong Park. I also like how she applies her skills as a navigator to combat
This absolutely, especially the way she also tends to outsmart her enemies in combat with her weather powers (Khalifa's and Ms Doublefinger's fights come to mind when she uses mirage tempo).

My favorite character is Zoro because he's a Chad, he's beautiful, he's stylish, he has cool poses, he uses a sword, his fights have the best choreography, he uses two elements (air and fire), he's Buddhist, he has cool phrases, the best voice actor, takes fatal blows laughing with Oscar-worthy expressions, mocks his opponents like no one else, inflicts fear on randoms like a caged beast full of hate.... Zoro is very badass

When One Piece is over, I hope the continuation of the story will be the adventures of WSS Wanderer Zoro

This a thread where you can explain why a certain character became your favourite. This should be a positive thread, so pls no power lvl discussions or negativity.
Explain why and how a character became your favourite!

I will start.
My favourite character is Zoro.
Back in 2004 when I watched One Piece on TV I fell in love with Zoro. I love swords and Zoro had this unique sword style. He impressed me with his willpower and his honour. The scene which sealed the deal for me was this moment.

He impressed not only Luffy but also me.
I knew that he was a badass character with honour and a kind heart. After that he became my favourite character in OP
10/10 mate๐Ÿ‘Œ
When i was 4 yo every weekend was luffy/zoro aventure his dub, his funny moments,serious moments the unique fighting style later throught the series you find more a lot of this character one of the best pasts,determination hard work honor his loyalty goes beyond the rest of the crewmate,he is the kind of mc but serious also very cute and handsome
but you know what you he could be badass or whatever people say but you haveto love those kind of characters because yeah they're serious outside but inside they're very tender and they have feelings but not like people like

Sanji became my favourite character after he was willing to give up his own life for Zeff. That shit really impacted me and Sanji continued to treat others lives as though they were worth more than his own. I also just like how he constantly treads the line between deep and gag character it's very unique. Sanji is a controversial character that you either love or hate but honestly that just makes me like him even more.

Luffy and Zoro are also in my top 3 and really depending on the day the order could be different but more often than not I have the cook as number 1.

I like Luffy because he can do whatever he wants without giving a two fucks about what society thinks about him. No one can do whatever he does in the series in such a crazy way he does things. Nothing can stop this man from doing things if he is dead set on doing it unlike many because of many obligations and society fears. You need to have so much courage to do things even when sometimes they come with consqeuences. He is also embodiment of an ultimate freedom. Never let the pure child inside you die because of society pressure or anything else. Be honest and open minded with your goals and never give a fuck about others laughing or mocking your dreams.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
If anyone wants a more elaborate explanation, then check this thread out, if you wish.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...ards-the-brilliant-sky-captain-tashigi.11388/

But needless to say, Tashigi, to me, is the most human and authentic One Piece character. There's an innate struggle she has to go through no other character does. She exhibits a lot of frustration, determination, passion, heartbreak throughout her time in the series. She received a healthy dose of reality upon entering the Grandline, and instead of a pity party, she continues to strive towards her dream, which has evolved alongside her.

Her scatterbrained clumsiness shows how one track minded she is in her goals. That being meito in general. Her sense of morality and self worth have been challenged most of all, maturing, though never being corrupted or fully discouraged by what she has had to witness and experienced. In the end, she has managed to touch the hearts of several simply for who she is and continues to be.

Zoro. His personality is so admirable and it can be reflected as a decent person in the real world. I view him like a cop who ignore politics and decided to do the right thing selfless.

Other characters like Luffy and Sanji have untoleratable attribute such as selfishness and sexual harassments. Especially Luffy, he reflects the son of billionaires in real world who have everything ready for him.

Last edited:
I always like useful and/or versatile characters across various media. So yeah, I'm that guy who pick Red Mage if I play Final Fantasy.

This is because useful and/or versatile character:

1. Can contribute and help people around

I'm the kind who'll be happy if I can be of any use to everyone around me, and worry if I'm just a useless person.
My favorite character reflects this persona well.

2. Can survive longer

Realistically, there are various situation that we will have to face, especially in the OP world.
There are times when you need brain, there are times when you need brawl. Some situations require out of the box operations, some situations require you to stealthily finish the job.
My favorite character has all of these.

3. More skills = more adventure

This is probably the biggest feature of my favorite character that I like.

Having various abilities will allows you to do a lot of stuff or go/visit a lot of places that you want, not worrying about your limitations.

Wanna see underwater forest? Good body + good swimming skills help.
Wanna take a peek of what a King discuss? Good stealth skill help.
Wanna try various gadgets the world has to offer? Good brain help.
Wanna discuss stuff with that beautiful sword lady? Good swordsmanship help.
Wanna have a conversation with that professor lady? Good brain and knowledge help.
Wanna talk with muscle brain lady? Good strength help.
Wanna talk with any lady and get their heart? Good cooking skill help.
Wanna mesh with a high level international party? Good lineage help.
Wanna taste this creature or that creature? Good strength helps hunting them.
Wanna race against a running giant crab? Good legs help.
Wanna feel what's a cloud feels like, or pee from the sky? Good flying skill help.
Wanna befriend all the Yonkos? Good cooking skill is appreciated by those party loving bunch.

Last edited: