General & Others Favorite chemistry ?

basically when character A interacts with character B , their interaction and how much you enjoy it.
this is NOT a shipping thread btw.

Mine has to be Kaido/Linlin... it’s so enjoyable to see these former crew mate together (thanks to the one and only beast ,Xebec ). love their unique rivalry, they are like the male/female Zoro and sanji but deep down they are enemies, probably cunning Linlin will betray dumb kaido.. and I cannot wait for this flashback to end to go back to these two. Rocks flashback is coming soon hopefully, wanna know the debt etc

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Without thinking about it too hard, I’d say Luffy and Usopp. They’re polar opposites in terms of strength, but pretty similar otherwise - both younger members of the crew, both have strong ties to the Red Hair Pirates, both love adventuring and dream of being notorious pirates, and despite the breakup in Water 7, I don’t know if there are two Straw Hats who share a stronger mutual respect/affection for one another. They’re the closest thing to brothers on the Thousand Sunny (not to diminish the camaraderie between all the rest), and seeing them goof off as easily as they confide in each other is a lot of fun.

Xebec relationship with his crew will be something else I bet , Roger pales compared to this beast who had all these selfish monsters under him. how he was able to tame them is beyond me

A few come to mind...
Luffy, Usopp and Chopper: They are like the kids in the crew. Always getting into trouble and always curious about the world around them. The three are very like minded, but really different from each other. A good source of comic relief for sure.
Zoro and Sanji: Boy, talk about polar opposites. Their view of women really stands out the most. Sanji puts every pretty girl on a lofty pedestal, but Zoro has a more down-to-earth view of women. Also the two fighting is always a joy to watch.
Lufffy and Law: Again big opposites. I always think of Law like the older, mature brother and Luffy the younger, reckless brother. Luffy's antics is going to send Law to the looney bin one of these days. I always enjoy watching them fight.

Xebec relationship with his crew will be something else I bet , Roger pales compared to this beast who had all these selfish monsters under him. how he was able to tame them is beyond me
Maybe he simply wasn't: is heavily implied that the Rocks members were trying to kill each other on a daily basis.

Luffy & Zoro, Luffy & Nami, Luffy & Jinbe are probably my three favorite interactions, as they’re probably the three closest people to Luffy on the crew (Jinbe’s experience with Luffy both in and after the war as well as giving him blood on FI make this arguable). Zoro and Nami being his right and left hand speaks for itself.

Luffy’s interactions with Shanks, Rayleigh, and Law are great too, Shanks because Luffy constantly looked up to him, Rayleigh because he became like another grandfather to Luffy, and Law because he seems like he’s constantly on the verge of having an aneurism. Luffy’s interactions with Buggy are also fantastic.

Last edited:
M

MD Zolo

Zoro, Chopper and Robin trio is one of my favorites as both Zoro and Robin has some sort of predilection towards Chopper, kind of like the father and the mother (I don't ship ZoRobin though).

Crocodile and Daz Bones' relationship is good because Daz Bones seems to be the only guy in Baroque Works that Crocodile actually respects. I know there are much better chemistries around, but I am sucker for these where a guy who considers everybody to be disposable, actually grows fond of one specific person.

But, I think the best chemistry within Straw Hats is between Luffy and Ussop. Second best would be Sanji and Nami (I don't ship it at all), I became fond of it during WCI.