General & Others Favourite One Piece character designs

Who has the best design?

• Total voters

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
What are your favourite character designs in OP?

I will set up a poll with the most likely choices.

DISCLAIMER: The poll is not the be-all and end-all, you can discuss any character, you can also vote for more than one if you cannot make up your mind

Some tags

@TheAncientCenturion @Admiral Lee Hung @HA001 @Topi Jerami @Jo_Ndule @Red Admiral @Cyrus the Cactus @Zenos7 @Jiihad @Owl Ki @Den_Den_Mushi @Dark Hound @Daisuke Jigen @Veku @Shakky @ZenZu @Zowo @Sentinel @Chrono @King7 @KINGKONGGUN15 @Kiwipom @Bogard @Luffy is the mc @Sade @Jackteo @Monkey D. Luffy @KiriNigiri @Akai2 @RayanOO etc etc

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
โ€Žโ€Žโ€Ž
From the poll, I picked;
I appreciate Oda's outlandish appearances as much as the next guy โ€” Bartholomew Kuma is one such example โ€” but there's something to be said for those characters that are more or less proportionate in scale to a regular person, or indeed appears to be regular in size. Besides their individual senses of style, that's mostly why I picked the four above. Mihawk is a regular guy with a wicked cross motif and his design screams danger. Unlike Aokiji or Akainu, Kizaru's more slender and seems realistic, missing the buldging chest the other admirals have. This helps me enjoy the slick military uniform of the navy more than I normally would.

Crocodile's got the best design in the series, especially after his slight wardrobe adjustment after Impel Down. The cigar in his mouth, that business attire he wears then the long, fur coat accompanied by that scar and hook? Very charismatic design and Oda gave him a personality that makes it hard to not like Crocodile. Doflamingo, in contrast, is so flamboyant and out there with who he is, I can't not appreciate him. The feather coat, the sunglasses, T-shirt that he never buttons up? It's a memorable look at the very least and really appealing the more time you spend looking at it.

Outside of the poll, a handful more designs that I think Oda did a good job with are;
Way more intimidating than the designs above, I love the leather used in them and how each come across a little savage. Even Drake screams of danger and trouble.

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž

Akai2

๐Ÿ†‰๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…พ ๐Ÿ†‚๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…พ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…บ!
โ€Ž
In a series that's built on an ever expanding cast of characters in a wacky larger than life world, each character needs to have a specific set of characteristics so they don't get lost in the shuffle.

Character designs are a part of that. Whether they're colorful, flamboyant, intimidating, humanoid, wacky, etc.., the designs in One Piece usually manifest some traits of the character's personality. TAC did a much better job that I could have pointing that out.

As for my favorites, it's really impossible to pick. There're so many awesome designs. I could pick a 100, but just off the top of my head:

Jiihad

Survivors Guilt
โ€Ž
From tha list Iโ€™d go wit:
Croc- Tha whole business/Mafia theme he has going on is rate pleasing and gives off a โ€œcoolโ€ and calm factor. Plus his fur coat is lowkey stylish

Doffy- His attire is more flamboyant and eye drawing with tha pink feather coat. Byt he pulls off a casual look wit his opened dress shirt and draw string running pants

Mihawk- Tha Vampire theme he has going on is really well done and not over tha top. Along wit his hat wit tha feather thing in tha back, fits tha appearance he has

Marco- His color scheme blends good together, and his leg wrap thing. Is a nice touch. Like Doffy I fucks wit his dress shirt and pants combo

Not on tha list, Iโ€™d go:

Ceaser- His gassy lab coat thing, is unique. And I really like how is accomplished wit his fruit

Enel- Dawg, who else wears a Durag!?

- Pedro of The Treetop
With his first half WCI outfit mainly his cape, just from his back he already looked so badass

I put this panel as my background wallpaper for some months years ago

Shitty Toei doesn't do him enough justice, and this is how he looks so different between in the manga and in the anime
In the manga he looks far more detailed and pretty cute but in the anime he looks like a background fodder.

Now just imagine his Sulong version. A healthy big jaguar man in his prime, compared to the dukes which is an crippled overweight cat and a crippled dog. Actually if Oda ever shows his Sulong form, I am optimistic his Sulong form will look cooler than the Dukes' and of course the overrated rabbit.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
โ€Ž
A lot of what I wanted to say has been covered, so I just want to add that I absolutely love Zoro's Wano attire. Unlike the rest of the Strawhats and allies, Zoro doesn't feel like he's putting on a disguise and genuinely feels like an inhabitant of Wano. Helps as well that Wano is a colorful country, so this mosshead blends in ever more.

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
โ€Ž
Like everybody I like a lot of characters' design but overall I prefer a lot the simplistic design and the normal human design : I prefer the admirals over the Yonko design wise for exemple. You can be human like and have an extraordinary design, no need to be a giant, to have horns etc etc.

Kizaru is amazing, same with Marco. Noland has a great design.

WB big mustache is good too.

Last edited:
S

Shura

Like everybody I like a lot of characters' design but overall I prefer a lot the simplistic design and the normal human design : I prefer the admirals over the Yonko design wise for exemple. You can be human like and have an extraordinary design, no need to be a giant, to have horns etc etc.

Kizaru is amazing, same with Marco.

WB big mustache is good too.
still admirals are so tall compared to "normal" human height....

Luffy, Ace, they have simple and cool design, they look like they are always ready for a barbecue and I like that.
Rayleigh, I like the beard and the cape, he's also fucking buffed for an old man.
Law the tattoo boy, and his outfit is also cool.
To be honest all of the characters mentioned in the poll have great designs.
Post automatically merged:

Zoro
Mihawk
Sanji
Shanks
Crocodile
Akainu
Kaido
Rayleigh
Ace
Luffy (he has bad design pre-TS and post-TS upto WCI). But he is good in wano
I liked Luffy's style in wci, in the forest and when he fought katakuri in the mirror world with the mafia outfits.
In wano he is perfect so far, maybe because he has bigger muscles too.

Last edited: