General & Others Favourite One Piece character designs

Who has the best design?

• Total voters
Let's discuss here anything about One Piece characters' design, either it's character appearance, hair color, outfit color, zoan design, ship design, or anything. Whether you like it or not, and the reasons why you like it or not.

I will start with the more recent ones.

1. Vinsmoke's hair color
Before it's officially revealed about the real color of Vinsmoke siblings' hair color
Before it's revealed, most people assume how all of the sibling's hair color would be blonde, just like Sanji.
Between the 2 choices, I prefer the official ones, with Reiju having pink hair, Ichiji having red, Niji having blue, Yonji having green, while Judge and Sora are blonde. Instead they would only use Raid Suits with different colors, turns out each of them has different hair color and it just makes them more colorful than army of blondes.

2. Kaido's Zoan form
Before it's officially revealed how Kaido's Dragon form will look like, people speculate about his design. Whether it will be Western Dragon or Eastern Dragon, and what color his skin will be.
Whether he will look like Shenlong from Dragon Ball, an Eastern Dragon with green skin

Or will he look like Acnologia, a Western Dragon with black skin

Turns out he looks like this
I remember people got mixed feelings about this reveal. I myself got dissapointed just like Zoro, Usopp, Franky and Robin were in that same cover, because imo basically Western Dragon > Eastern Dragon, and the color choice for Kaido seems kinda weird, which makes me think how Acnologia Dragon form is a tier above Kaido Dragon form.
Before the color was revealed, some people also speculated how the color wouldn't be blue like that. But like these

3. Scabbards' design
After several teasings, Raizo's design turns out to be meh. Like a background fodder.

I remember people got mixed reaction after Kawamatsu's design reveal, and after its several teasing silhouette throughout Udon chapters. Well, I find his design okay, at least far better than Raizo.

Oden is meh too. But I didn't expect high anyway, seeing his weird head in silhouette. Better than Raizo still, but meh compared to Kawamatsu.

4. Calamities
- Jack
Jack's design is awesome. And imo, out of all 3 Calamities, although his powerlevel ranks the lowest, but his design fits the most, to be called as a member of Beast Pirates.

- Queen
Queen's design is not that great, and imo easily the lowest between 3 Calamities. But once again, it's not a fair competition for him, since Jack and King both set the standard pretty high. His zoan form is funny though.

- King
Finally a champion looking YC1. His design is pretty good. Although as a member of Beast Pirates, Jack just fits more. With his real black wings and flaming figure, instead of Beast, imo he's better if he belongs to Mythical Creature Pirates.

Tagging some people
@King7 @Owl Ki @Light D Lamperouge @True God Moe @Admiral Lee Hung @TheAncientCenturion @Guan Yu @Arara @Chrono @MarineHQ62 @Red Admiral @LANJI CUCKSMOKE @HA001 @Rosella.Fiamingo @Cinera @Reborn @playa4321 @Sentinel @Patryipe @Shura etc.

p.s.
Once again, you can discuss any characters' design. Not just the ones mentioned above.

Oden - meh
Kawamatsu - don't have problem with it
Kaido - would've been better with darker Blue

King - the best designed Right Hand Man , arguably . the ones that are maybe better than his design are Marco ( in Phoenix ) , and Beckmann

Best design in One Piece - World's Greatest Swordsman Dracule Mihawk

second best - SWORD Captain , Worst Generation member X Drake
one of 4 Emperors Shanks

the next i think are the Admirals

RayanOO

Lazy is the way
For me two best design groups are :

First : Admirals : their designs are overall amazing ! Each of them are very different, cool, badass etc. That prove that normal human looking design are the best, and that you can have creativity and originality even looking like a normal human (they are just way taller)

Second : the Right hand men of Yonko are badass too : Marco has the best design for me, in his normal state and with his powers. But Katakuri, Beckman, Rayleigh, etc are insane too. I disliked King design at first glance but he slowly growing on me.

Whitebeard, Noland and Sanji have amazing design too.

Wooow.
YOU SPOKE THROUGH MY HEART.

I put an 8/10 on Oda characters design.
Thruth is. I prefer Naruto, and Bleach characters if we do a mean, globally speaking. ( And Full Metal Alchemist, and Run Day Burst you get it ).
However, while I find most characters of One Piece pretty MEH,
I must admit that at least, Oda makes real effort to vary shapes, to propose novelty.
And sometimes, it works Greatly.
Weird design facilitate remembering. Raizo is Ugly but I remember him. Same for Kawamatsu.

Nooooooow. Let's speak about my favourite characters design in One Piece :
Character design so no .... Bon- Chan, no Corazon, no Solda-San... :/

🌴:daydream:🌴

I like :

- Jimbei - Inazuma - Ivankov - ( Diamante but his personnality is evil ) - ( Kuma ) - Chopper - Brook - G4 Luffy - Charlotte Moscato - Shirley - Charlotte Praline - Kaido 'Human' form - Queen - Inuarashi - Nekomamushi - Fujitora - CPO clothes - ( Vergo but I don't like him ) - Tesoro - The Robot boss in a video game aaaaaaaand Pudding ( how could I forget her ) - and Law - and Zoro because I drew him when I was Little.

Shanks - Zoro - Admirals - Ace - Sabo - LAW especially - Kidd - Katakuri - Rayleigh ( the list can continue ).
The design is badass. But that's not that much my thing.

I would choose Naruto, Gantz, Bleach, Run Day Burst, Samurai Chanpūrū, Red Line if I wanted badass characters.

But One Piece average height badass characters ? Bofff.

🗿🏵️🗿🏵️🗿🏵️🗿🏵️🗿

👍👍

Last edited:
The best design in One Piece is probably Kuma, followed by Baron Tamago and Doflamingo plus his executives as a whole. But Kuma is almost guaranteed, it is arguably the closest to perfection by far. Overall Oda does have some great designs, probably some of the best among shonen manga.

1. Vinsmoke's hair color
Makes sense as they give an artificial impression that stresses their abnormal nature.

2. Kaido's Zoan form
The Eastern Dragon is what fits the most, expecting a Western one was baseless from day one since everything from the former made sense. The color scheme is actually very nice but I don't think Oda executed it properly as the cover's lacked volume (the usage of blue was too one-dimensional). Blue makes sense in the character context (Big Mom's male counterpart, pink versus blue, also with regards to Momonosuke and to the sky itself), and I can imagine a good-looking hybrid form with the combination between it and the purple coat, golden details, and so on. I have one problem with the tattoo's color, though, as the orangish-red chosen feels a little bit "cheap"; a more blue-reddish tone would have been better.

3. Scabbards' design
Meh. Kawamatsu may be the smartest in the detail of giving a "kappa" (a creature that needs to have water in its head to live) an amigasa (a hat designed to cover heads from rain). This is an anithitetical detail that isn't new in Oda and is interesting, but the rest of the design isn't too outstanding. Ashura's face is nice too as it perfectly reflects the existential disappointment that kind of defines his personality.

Jack is by far the best thanks to the juxtaposition rhetoric between mammoth tusks and the shotels, has some quite recognizable facial traits, overall beastly aesthetics and makes a nice reference to Attila with the Drought theme (in spite of being a fishman).

Queen is easily one of the most failed designs Oda has ever given in his full-Zoan form and, on top of that, he keeps making mistakes with his moustache and arm. Hopefully the hybrid form will be better.

King is average. Edgy but empty, what Katakuri would be without the smart play between sweet vs. bitter, angularity vs. softness, black vs. white and mochi vs. spikes. Don't see the quality in King, to be honest.

Last edited:
Not sure what score to give tbh (5 or 6 for now I suppose). Oda can make some great designs, but he can also make some wtf is this shit ones. Overall I’d say his best designed groups are the Admirals, for being modeled after RL actors and the Momotaro legend, the Shichibukai, 7 pirates with their own themes and animals motifs, and most of his big name/legendary pirates, Roger, Whitebeard, Garp, Blackbeard (though I don’t like his pants and whatever that feathery cape is), Kaido (he should have been a red dragon though), etc. As for worst designs, oh boy...Weevil, far too many of the Wano designs, SMILE users, vacuum lady, Big Meme, etc. I’m also really annoyed with his female designs, majority of them are Nami, Robin, and Hancock clones.