FF7 Remake

S

Shuyaku

The game is officially out, as of today april 10 2020, in europe at least. Discuss the game here.

i personally got a physical copy of the game a couple of days early and played it for 18-ish hours so far. Wasn’t a huge fan at the start (never played the 97 game) but i liked it more and more as it went on.

Jessie best girl.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Super early impressions. I only just got passed the intro section, which made up the demo anyway, but I do like the combat system. Still largely prefer the turn-based combat of the original, but the ATB really does a good job of emulating the feeling. So much better than FF15's directionless combat system which saw me heal spam like crazy over a boring overworld.

Regular enemies don't seem that difficult, but it was the beginning, and the original wasn't all that hard either.

Wedge, Biggs, and Jessie are more interesting, I'll give them that, and there's more life to Aeris, too, whom I've never been keen on.

That's all so far.

Don’t know where you guys live (apart from you Beta in Italy, unfortunate situation) but i initially pre ordered a digital copy, which i cancelled after i found a physical one online for much cheaper, not only that but it came a couple of days before the release date so i won pretty big.
Italy and sadly I can't buy the game because stores are closed. And I can't play with my PS4 for now because my house is a mess lol. I wanted to download its digital version but nope.

I hope to be able to kick in asap.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
The one thing I can say with absolute furor is that the Midgar freeway chase is MILES better than the original. Way better controls, way more spectacle, and way more fun. Kudos on Square for salvaging one of my lowpoints. Another would be Aeris/Aerith. Dear lord, I love this version of her. She was always suppose to be a cheery and optimistic girl, but it never came off right. Here, she works and her relationship with Cloud is great, though I still don't ship them.

Plus Roche is absolutely ridiculous.

I'm also happy the remake carried over some of the originals comedic charm.

The Whispers of fate are garbage. And the game's ending is atrocious, too. The best parts of the remake were when they tried to flesh out and expand on stuff the original did, like making the minor members of Avalanche, Shinra and Midgar in general more interesting. Not this nonsense about Sephiroth trying to rewrite his defeat and the Whispers of fate trying to damage control his efforts. Now everything feels so convoluted and pointless. Those new aspects were nothing but intrusive, not interesting. I'll probably still get the later parts because the remake was still fun, but god I have no faith in the plot anymore.