Speculations For Zoro Fans, how will Zoro vs Mihawk fit into the Narrative?

Every One Piece fan looks forward to Zoro vs Mihawk, but hardly anyone wonders where this fight will fit into the main story. We are already heading towards the end of Luffy and the Straw Hats' journey. We don't know what's up with Mihawk.

Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen before Final War?
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen after the Final War?
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen during the Final War?
Shiryu will kill Mihawk, will become the new WSS and so we will have Zoro vs Shiryu?

At the final Island Laugh Tale, where Shanks Crew and Mihawk will be gate keeping the SHP.

After the SHP wins,

Mihawk will retire and make ghost babies with Perona.

Shanks crew will try to stop BBP from infiltrating Mary Geoise. Shanks will lose remaining arm by getting sucked by yami-yami and die.

:steef:

On a serious note, since Mihawk and Zoro are my favorite characters, I like the idea that it will be the last fight of the series.

For the fight to fit the narrative Mihawk has to either:

1) ally with Shanks and clash with Zoro when the Strawhats meet the Red Hair Pirates

2)have been a member of the World Government/Celestial Dragon/Im's comrade/whatever.

That's it.

An epilogue fight is not happening, and if it did it would be one of the most disappointing fights in shonen history. Oda tends to give meaty, multi 3+ chapter fully focused on fights to Luffy and last I checked Zoro ain't Luffy.

Every One Piece fan looks forward to Zoro vs Mihawk, but hardly anyone wonders where this fight will fit into the main story. We are already heading towards the end of Luffy and the Straw Hats' journey. We don't know what's up with Mihawk.

Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen before Final War?
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen after the Final War?
Will Zoro vs Mihawk happen during the Final War?
Shiryu will kill Mihawk, will become the new WSS and so we will have Zoro vs Shiryu?
95% of Zoro fights won't have any narrative. That is just happen because Zoro exist in the manga. There is no narrative needed for Zoro vs Mihawk to happen. Only narrative is WSS title. Xoro wins and become the world strongest swordsman.

it's gonna be multiple rounds for sure , Zoro will have 2 fights with Mihawk , i see the first one being an inconclusive match where Zoro understand he was about to loose yet he didn't because of some outside factor , then they fight again after the final war and he wins ultra extreme diff and then he's declared top 1 in the verse of all times