General & Others French translation of Ace novel doesn't say Kaido is the strongest in 1V1 or invincible and says WB is the strongest PIRATE in the world.

But this is quite obvious, Old WB, Sick WB are below KAIDO, WB prime is capable of fighting kaido, but kaido never put him above him in that sentence, he gave importance to those who can really provide an extreme and good battle.
And at the same time we have PRIME WB not going to face KAIDO in wano, and Marcos saying that the result of the fight would be undefined.

Kaido ~ Shanks able to fight him ~ Roger/WB PRIME old was.
(You can put BB on that curb too and BIG MOM.)
Kaido's title is not even official bud.

It's a manga title, not portrayed in the databooks however. Even the 1 on 1 thing was skyhyped over the top when instead it could be nothing but a OP world rumor.

Kaido and Bigmom are monstrosities, they're natural freak of nature, their durability is unique and doesn't make them overall as strong as Roger or WB.
Luffy will surpass them, he said it, yet he's never gonna be THAT durable compared to them.
Their durability is definitely also partially a factor that gets them to Roger's and WB's overall strength since it allows them to tank Roger and WBs attacks better. I don't really get the point you're trying to make here.

Their durability is definitely also partially a factor that gets them to Roger's and WB's overall strength since it allows them to tank Roger and WBs attacks better. I don't really get the point you're trying to make here.
They are NOT beating Roger or WB 1V1.
Luffy in chapter "I'm the man who will SURPASS both of you and become the PIRATEKING".
Pirateking lvl = surpassing Kaido/BM.

Their durability doesn't matter vs Roger/WB because both of them will get past their tough skin and hit them just like any other man would.

WB punching Kaido and WB punching Shanks would do the same damage to both, WB ignores Kaido's skin with HAKI anyway.
Now their ability to tank that damage would be different but that's down to ENDURANCE rather than durability here

Kaido in hybrid or dragon form (not sure which has better durability yet) + haki > Kaido in base with haki = Big Mom in base with haki > Jozu in diamond form + haki > Kaido hybrid or dragon form without haki = Jozu diamond form without haki > Kaido base = Big Mom base
no
Seastone even contained big mom
Oda went out of his way to say he has unparlled toughness
jozu durablity>kaido=big mom

You use novel french translations which are first not from the author directly and also are not specific on wordings but give a translation that embraces the context the best and make the reading the easiest possible. Novel translations are not litteral translations. Tho I would agree with you that Oldbeard could have been the strongest until he got sick. But I just think that novels in general should not be taken in consideration no matter what they state ( Big Mom strongest captain title mean nothing for example since WB and Kaido are also captains but also have a similar title )

Debating on translations has always been biased. For example here is how Scantrad traduces the end message of the chapter 1003.

For those who don't speak french it literally means "The two strongest stand up proudly"

@Extravlad

no
Seastone even contained big mom
Oda went out of his way to say he has unparlled toughness
jozu durablity>kaido=big mom
I guess you didn't read what i said properly.
Jozu in base form doesn't have unparalleled toughness he is just a normal human.
With his devil fruit when he turns into diamond his durability is higher than Kaido and Big Mom in base form yes but Kaido and Big Mom's haki >>>> Jozu haki.
So Jozu Diamond Form + Haki is inferior to Kaido Hybrid Form + Haki and also to Big Mom + Haki since their defensive haki capabilites outclass Jozu by a landslide.
Post automatically merged:

They are NOT beating Roger or WB 1V1.
Luffy in chapter "I'm the man who will SURPASS both of you and become the PIRATEKING".
Pirateking lvl = surpassing Kaido/BM.

Their durability doesn't matter vs Roger/WB because both of them will get past their tough skin and hit them just like any other man would.

WB punching Kaido and WB punching Shanks would do the same damage to both, WB ignores Kaido's skin with HAKI anyway.
Now their ability to tank that damage would be different but that's down to ENDURANCE rather than durability here
I never claimed they beat Roger or WB i don't get your point lol. Maybe you're confusing me with someone else.

I know all that what you wrote and i see it like that as well but that doesn't change the fact that their durability is definitely partially a reason for why they are on the same level as roger and WB which is top tier level... there is no Pirate King level.
Durability is just as much of a factor in battle than endurance is.

Last edited:
You use novel french translations which are first not from the author directly and also are not specific on wordings but give a translation that embraces the context the best and make the reading the easiest possible. Novel translations are not litteral translations. Tho I would agree with you that Oldbeard could have been the strongest until he got sick. But I just think that novels in general should not be taken in consideration no matter what they state ( Big Mom strongest captain title mean nothing for example since WB and Kaido are also captains but also have a similar title )

Debating on translations has always been biased. For example here is how Scantrad traduces the end message of the chapter 1003.

For those who don't speak french it literally means "The two strongest stand up proudly"

@Extravlad
First of all Scantrad is a fan translation group, there's nothing official about this.
Also "two strongest" in that context would only refer to Onigashima, not to the whole world.

Secondly I never claimed the Novel translation was more legit than VIZ's, hence why I asked in the first post if anyone had the RAW so that we could see a bit more clearly into this.

no it isnt base kaido = base big mom> jozu
diamond jozu> hybird kaido and big mom
lol + hybird isnt more durable than full zoan but ok
That's why i said before i don't know yet which form is more durable hybrid or dragon doesn't really make a difference though.

One's defensive haki capabilities are one of the most important factors when it comes to durability.
So far Kaido and Big Mom have not made use of their haki to defend yet.
Kaido and Big Mom haki >> Jozu haki
Jozu diamond form > Kaido dragon form
Kaido dragon form + haki > Jozu diamond form + haki

Simple math.

First of all Scantrad is a fan translation group, there's nothing official about this.
Also "two strongest" in that context would only refer to Onigashima, not to the whole world.

Secondly I never claimed the Novel translation was more legit than VIZ's, hence why I asked in the first post if anyone had the RAW so that we could see a bit more clearly into this.
No it clearly doesn't only refer to only Onigashima otherwise the traductors would have added "de l'île" or something like that.
-
Oh ok I agree, I just don't know why you're making this post then.

No it clearly doesn't only refer to only Onigashima otherwise the traductors would have added "de l'île" or something like that.
-
Oh ok I agree, I just don't know why you're making this post then.
Lol yes it fucking does refer to the Island. These final chapters teasers are never to be taken as factual statements and they're always limited to the context of the situation.

Plus scantrad is not reliable. They're the clowns who translated that "How high is your ceiling?" as "How strong have you become?" which implies Luffy is in the same tier as Roger/WB/Rocks and co

Lol yes it fucking does refer to the Island. These final chapters teasers are never to be taken as factual statements and they're always limited to the context of the situation.

Plus scantrad is not reliable. They're the clowns who translated that "How high is your ceiling?" as "How strong have you become?" which implies Luffy is in the same tier as Roger/WB/Rocks and co
Debating on something we both call a trash translation does not mean anything. Let's stop.

Thats headcannoning, we dont even know if big mom possess full body hardening like vergo and so I doubt it even more with kaido
As the author said once again
Jozu>Kaido most durable form which is full form no reason to be thinking a hybird would be more durable LOL
I dont know what you got this +haki thing from tho
From the fact that Jimbei blocked Big Mom's sword slash with his arms covered in haki it's obvious that haki is used for defense too.

Jozu has the toughest body with his diamond fruit but a haki slash like Oden's will tear through him the same way he tore through Kaido if he doesn't guard with haki since advanced haki attacks you from the inside so the durability doesn't matter much if your haki is powerful enough.
And since Kaido's and Big Mom's haki is without a doubt a lot stronger than Jozu's their overall defense is also stronger.
And they don't need full body haki btw they can just block like jimbei.
I think that protecting yourself with haki will defend you from advanced haki while normal durability won't save you from advanced haki.

It's not "probably". It's above. Kaido > WB in strength.
in physical strength it said kaido> WB, but hes not the author because the ace novel just made weevil stronger than kaido lol

Jozu has the toughest body with his diamond fruit but a haki slash like Oden's will tear through him the same way he tore through Kaido if he doesn't guard with haki since advanced haki attacks you from the inside so the durability doesn't matter much if your haki is powerful enough.
if mihawk slash wouldnt really work, and kaido got a huge scar but still survived , im pretty sure jozu would be fine have a scar like kaido tho sure! smaller yes
And since Kaido's and Big Mom's haki is without a doubt a lot stronger than Jozu's their overall defense is also stronger.
And they don't need full body haki btw they can just block like jimbei.
I mean Mihawk CoA> big mom and kaido just from black blading it
I think that protecting yourself with haki will defend you from advanced haki while normal durability won't save you from advanced haki.
I know jozu can also do that, but you think kaido has full body hardening he doesnt
like oda said unparrlled toughness

in physical strength it said kaido> WB, but hes not the author because the ace novel just made weevil stronger than kaido lol

if mihawk slash wouldnt really work, and kaido got a huge scar but still survived , im pretty sure jozu would be fine have a scar like kaido tho sure! smaller yes

I mean Mihawk CoA> big mom and kaido just from black blading it

I know jozu can also do that, but you think kaido has full body hardening he doesnt
like oda said unparrlled toughness
Mihawk slash was without haki.

Advanced haki bypasses any durability even Jozu's only their own haki can block against it.

True Mihawk CoA > Big Mom Kaido.

I don't think Kaido has full body armament but he only needs to focus his armament haki on his arms and block a slash and he would receive less damage than Jozu.