Powers & Abilities Gandhi gorosei is the true WSS

So Zoro is supposed to become the WSS ever. Can we know his dream is fulfilled after he beats Mihawk? No.

Some might argue the Gorosei are mere politicians who have nothing to do with strength. Then what are these scars doing on these fragile old men?

And how come they are so nonchalant in the presence of an enemy who's supposedly a top 5 character he's not btw
You can argue he's a snitch and all but that still doesn't explain their cold attitude, two are even giving him their back. They literally don't care.

Ghandi gorosei specifically has been hyped up for wielding a katana, which after Wano you can assume to be the Shodai Kitetsu, one of the 12 supreme blades and the sword that wields the strongest curse.

The only 2 main characters on the path to attain fame & strength are Luffy & Zoro. At one point we thought Luffy has to surpass Roger but then Joyboy happened.
Same can be said about Zoro. Mihawk is merely a stepping stone in the path of godhood Ryuma attained.
Although Oda trolled the viewers by comparing Luffy with Ryuma, that was simply a parrallel concerning his reputation as the guardian of Wano.
In reality we know that Ryuma is connected with Zoro, he's hailed as the god of the blade and eventually marimo should reach this level. Many analogies have already been set in stone, whether it's their pre-ts interaction, their looks or observations made by third parties.

What does Ghandi have to do with this? Well first off his design indicates he's originally from Wano. He's the only gorosei not wearing a suit which is to be expected from a hardcore samurai of legendary status. He doesn't hold the WSS title as it would be absurd for someone of his political status to be involved with mundane fame and titles held by what's pretty much considered plebeians.

We know Ryuma protected Wano from outside invaders but also from Wano nobility too. To be able to reach such an esteemed position in the government, Ghandi must have been Wano royalty in the past. Oda also highlights this by having him comment on the Wano situation.

He's the only possible candidate who can eventually confirm to the reader that Zoro surpassed all swordsmen in history. That will happen by shedding light on Ghandi's past and how at some point he rivalled Ryuma and fought him to a stalemate or something of the sort. In the bigger picture Mihawk is simply his master who helped him reach this point. Right now there shouldn't be a huge gap between the two.

I already made a post on why Mihawk will defeated before reaching Raftel. This leaves Ghandi as Zoro's final swordsman to be defeated. It's not a weird move to sideline Mihawk for Ghandi as the gorosei will eventually be the final villains who have also been hyped for so long.
The obvious sequence of events is Laughtale -> learn about void century -> sack Mariejois
My problems with Zoro beating Mihawk after taking down the world nobles are:
1. Luffy and Zoro should achieve their dreams within a short period of time
2. Zoro's duel with Mihawk has been one of the most anticipated fights since the beginning of the manga. If it takes place after the final raid all the heat would be lost. Wouldn't be as exciting because the tension from the manga as a whole is relieved.
3. Just as Luffy will get proper screentime as pirateking, Zoro should have the same treatment as WSS.

Don't be fooled by Mihawk's strength as one way or another, once Luffy obtains his PK title, he's automatically powercreeped to be > Roger. Naturally this puts Zoro above Rayleigh, which is without a doubt enough to make him the WSS.

Last edited:

Gol D. Roger

ȶɦɛ քɨʀǟȶɛ ӄɨռɢ
It's possible IMO. The Gorosei are certainly not weaklings but I doubt they're above the current top tiers. They might power up via Imu in the final war.
Post automatically merged:

It just depends on if shodai is black or not for me…. So far nobody has what mihawk has and that’s the black blade this seperates him from gahndi to me
It isn't black.

It just depends on if shodai is black or not for me…. So far nobody has what mihawk has and that’s the black blade this seperates him from gahndi to me
It is not, tho I would argue how important that is. For example why is Shusui a black blade yet is considered one of the 21 grades, or Roger & Whitebeard having 12 supreme but not a black blade. Or should you have both? But then again Mihawk is not on Roger's level, not in feats nor in portrayal. There are details we still don't know.

That will happen by shedding light on Ghandi's past and how at some point he rivalled Ryuma and fought him to a stalemate or something of the sort.
How long ago did Ryuma live again ? 300 years ago ?
The current Gorosei didn't seem to be anywhere near that old in this page
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-1037-page-15.html

And at his age , i doubt he's on Mihawk lvl . I assume he's around 80 yrs old .
If he gets brought back to his prime range , then i'll agree there is a chance he'll be ~ Mihawk or stronger .

He already has the strongest Kitetsu , which is one of the 12 strongest blades . That's a good start .

How long ago did Ryuma live again ? 300 years ago ?
The current Gorosei didn't seem to be anywhere near that old in this page
https://mangasee123.com/read-online/One-Piece-chapter-1037-page-15.html

And at his age , i doubt he's on Mihawk lvl . I assume he's around 80 yrs old .
If he gets brought back to his prime range , then i'll agree there is a chance he'll be ~ Mihawk or stronger .

He already has the strongest Kitetsu , which is one of the 12 strongest blades . That's a good start .
Gorosei probably had the immortal surgery tho