General & Others General Anime Thread

I recently started the Wano Arc Anime & am enjoying it.

My "story". Dub fan, haven't even seen end of D.R or anything beyond it in anime. I was buying the recent dub digital releases on xbox, xbone died, i am shortly past Rebecca's flashback iirc. I finally got vol 93-98 manga in physical form, did a binge reread of 89-98 & recaught the One Piece "bug".

The anime has that nasty habit of "last time on" lasting a good 5-8 minutes an episode, but significantly less of a problem for me when i have even a 13 episode set, let alone 100+ episodes.

I never subscribed to "it only covered this much of a chapter" because that doesnt mean anything. I can read a chapter in 5-10 minutes, but actual dialog&fights need a realistic ebb & flow to them, time to breathe/transition etc.

I enjoyed Demon Slayer/MHA animes, but i feel O.P is truly too massive to try and condense even more. Yes, they have reaction shots, reused scenes, etc, but a lot of gripes come down to personal preference. For instance, i dont mind that the sumo match took up most of an episode. Luffy being Luffy, O P world being absurd & silly, is what got me into the show.

I do understand from the standpoint of the present that One may want more to happen,but I'm in no rush & I've made "peace" with what the anime is and thusly focus on what i do enjoy instead of microscoping what I don't enjoy while wishing about a better version.

I could type more but I'd prefer if i gathered my thoughts better first, this post was meant a tiny comment and spiraled away.

I will finish by saying, most of the times i have 2 screens going, gaming & either adult animation (bobs burgers, american dad) or anime playing. I do watch One Piece by itself at least once, but do several rewatches with it on in background as i game/cook/clean/exercise/read etc. It is a fantastic background show, if you zone out and miss something, just wait 15 minutes for the 7 min recap! :P

Oh, and I'm not saying "justshuddup and enjoy it. Slurp slurp toei", it COULD be better, and should be, It is a GIGANTIC i.p, but it is what it is.

Hell, why are the games made by no name D Rank gaming devs? I enjoyed Red World, Burning Blood (broke Af but captures OP world well), Pirates Warriors 3&4, World Seeker, etc, but imagine a O.P game w aaa budget & devs. Wth does Japan do with its IPs?

I was right didn't adapted the whole 996 so the zoro react to kiku arm next episode might be the cliffhanger lol
Post automatically merged:

https://onepiece.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_1010

997 will be 1010 partially at least. The title alludes to Chopper's plan and Chopper only reveals his plan after Zoro steals the antidote from Apoo.
Forgot to mention that toei has a lot of titles where the situation don't happen or get focus on lol @Nouryoku

Last edited:
Depends on the staff on the episode I'd say.
I'm 10000% confident they'll pull out all punches. If i had to guess, most likely Kureta.

1009 was better than expected. Cool Direction and storyboard, but lots of stuff was still weird.
Important scenes lacked impact and the execution fell flat. Coherency issues as usual and the content wasn't that interesting. Pacing was wack in a good couple spots but... above average I'd say. Though the pacing generally has been getting better ever since the raid started since there's a lot of small stuff to explore.
Maybe a 5 or a 6.

Last edited:
I'm 10000% confident they'll pull out all punches. If i had to guess, most likely Kureta.

1009 was better than expected. Cool Direction and storyboard, but lots of stuff was still weird.
Important scenes lacked impact and the execution fell flat. Coherency issues as usual and the content wasn't that interesting. Pacing was wack in a good couple spots but... above average I'd say. Though the pacing generally has been getting better ever since the raid started since there's a lot of small stuff to explore.
Maybe a 5 or a 6.
1009 was pretty alright. I think that 1006 was the best of the bunch easily, but I really dug a lot of the extensions and clarifications that were added in 1009. The Carrot stuff is good, but its kind of strange when you consider what it results in.

I think that most of the stuff that was supposed to be a major plot beat did land in the episode, but I do think that it could have benefitted from maybe a touch better animation here or there(though what we did get was pretty sufficient).

I think since 1000, we've had a decently solid batch of episodes. Even episodes that aren't the best are still pretty serviceable and have things here and there that are pretty enjoyable, and we've also had quite a few great episodes as well. I did not expect 1006 to be as good as it was.

1009 was pretty alright. I think that 1006 was the best of the bunch easily, but I really dug a lot of the extensions and clarifications that were added in 1009. The Carrot stuff is good, but its kind of strange when you consider what it results in.

I think that most of the stuff that was supposed to be a major plot beat did land in the episode, but I do think that it could have benefitted from maybe a touch better animation here or there(though what we did get was pretty sufficient).

I think since 1000, we've had a decently solid batch of episodes. Even episodes that aren't the best are still pretty serviceable and have things here and there that are pretty enjoyable, and we've also had quite a few great episodes as well. I did not expect 1006 to be as good as it was.
1006 was more cohesive than 1004 for me tbh. I like it a lot more and it's one of my favourite episodes in Wano since it's just nearly flawless from beginning to end, despite the content getting adapted.

With the rest i agree to a certain degree. OP at least constantly holds up well in the Art/Direction/SB department. But that's rarely enough to sway most people.

From @YonkouProd

One Piece 1010 - 1013 Episode Titles:

Ep.1010: "Eliminate the Ice Oni - Chopper's Fire Trick!"
Ep.1011: "I Don't Care!! The Spider Who Invited Sanji"
Ep.1012: "A Reversal of Fortune! Marco The Phoenix's Flame"
Ep.1013: "Yamato's Past - The Man After The Head of an Emperor"

One Piece Episodes 1010 - 1013 Staff:

Ep.1010:
Episode director: Kohei Kureta
Animation supervisors: Midori Matsuda and Kazuya Hisada

Ep.1011:
Episode director: Masahiro Hosoda
Animation supervisors: Keita Saito and Masahiro Kitazaki

Ep.1012:
Storyboard: Yutaka Nakashima
Episode director: Toshihiro Maeya
Animation supervisor: Shinichi Suzuki

Ep.1013:
Episode director: Ryota Nakamura
Animation supervisor: Masayuki Takagi

@henry_thurlow , an animator, responded the following:

"When the next set gets revealed... better be sitting down is all I`ll say."

From @YonkouProd

One Piece 1010 - 1013 Episode Titles:

Ep.1010: "Eliminate the Ice Oni - Chopper's Fire Trick!"
Ep.1011: "I Don't Care!! The Spider Who Invited Sanji"
Ep.1012: "A Reversal of Fortune! Marco The Phoenix's Flame"
Ep.1013: "Yamato's Past - The Man After The Head of an Emperor"

One Piece Episodes 1010 - 1013 Staff:

Ep.1010:
Episode director: Kohei Kureta
Animation supervisors: Midori Matsuda and Kazuya Hisada

Ep.1011:
Episode director: Masahiro Hosoda
Animation supervisors: Keita Saito and Masahiro Kitazaki

Ep.1012:
Storyboard: Yutaka Nakashima
Episode director: Toshihiro Maeya
Animation supervisor: Shinichi Suzuki

Ep.1013:
Episode director: Ryota Nakamura
Animation supervisor: Masayuki Takagi

@henry_thurlow , an animator, responded the following:

"When the next set gets revealed... better be sitting down is all I`ll say."
That is a surprisingly solid staff list, especially for 1010 and 1013.

I can't believe that Ryota Nakamura is returning to direct an episode after so long.